Jump to content
  • The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

    Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

  • Join The Silver Forum

    The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 13,000+ forum members.

Are you waiting or buying?


Recommended Posts

I am wondering if the majority of people on the forums are stacking with the high premiums or waiting for prices to level off? Perhaps you are buying in the fear of prices not coming back down?

Personally I have halted all stacking of gold and silver as I feel too many emotions are driving the markets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Emotions ? nah I wouldn't call it emotions , uncertainty yes but emotions no , the situation is not even that uncertain, we kind of know what is going to happen, don't we ? in my personal opinion

Same here. I feared I could lose out in case I waited, as I expected gold to raise, since I started stacking in the summer of 2018. Thus I turned the savings I had back then into PMs ( after I got a b

I think when gold hit £1200 per oz I started to get to that point. I am going to wait a month after lockdown to see which way the wind is blowing and start stacking again regardless of price, This way

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Nick1368 said:

Emotions ? nah I wouldn't call it emotions , uncertainty yes but emotions no , the situation is not even that uncertain, we kind of know what is going to happen, don't we ?

in my personal opinion there are bad bad times ahead of the economy and the market, it is going to take the market at least  two years to recover from this mess and we haven't seen the worst of it yet, the price of gold won't go down anytime soon .

I am keeping very little money in my bank account, just enough for bills and online purchases, I own my house and car so no monthly payments for mortgage or loan to pay and have no debt at all, thank god for that, any money that comes my way turns into gold ASAP , I  think now is a great time to buy gold.

I am unsure if deflation/stagflation will happen before inflation. From what I can gather things will look healthy until market velocity picks up sending the GDP into a spiral?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to buy. Not too successful due to massive chain of supply disruption. Maybe it's not felt that much in the UK, where most of the members are here, but it is something very real. 

In my opinion gold will continue to 2000 $ in a few months and then maybe go down and then up again in a more normal fashion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, werewolf said:

Trying to buy. Not too successful due to massive chain of supply disruption. Maybe it's not felt that much in the UK, where most of the members are here, but it is something very real. 

In my opinion gold will continue to 2000 $ in a few months and then maybe go down and then up again in a more normal fashion. 

Yea, I am thinking of stacking gold only due to the premiums on silver, I did ask Mike Maloney what does he think someone should put money into if they only had little cash and his reply was "ratio, ratio, ratio" but I can't justify paying £6+ premiums. I am putting the fear of missing out aside and trying to focus on safe money and it keeps coming back to gold. 

My goal before this was 500oz silver and 5oz gold, I didn't make my goal 

I guess the question is, will gold stocks(physical) get worse or better? Better stocks will reduce fear and demand and lower premiums but if there is a long lasting shortage then it is anyone's guess.

Like I said I am removing all emotions of fear or greed and trying to buy when it makes sense.

Edited by Mark10110
Link to post
Share on other sites

If price and %margin you are paying is your main concern, just use goldmoney or bullionvault to make your PM investments and buy the premiums at much lower than current retail/ebay/dealer

Once it realises its potential or the price you seek, swap it back out for fiat debt tokens and back to your bank.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kman said:

I've had a mental block from buying  bullion since sovereigns went over £200 😛 

I think when gold hit £1200 per oz I started to get to that point. I am going to wait a month after lockdown to see which way the wind is blowing and start stacking again regardless of price, This way I can take comfort in knowing I didn't get caught up in the FOMO and I took a back seat for a while. I don't think it would sting as much if gold/silver prices dropped in 6 months.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Paul said:

If price and %margin you are paying is your main concern, just use goldmoney or bullionvault to make your PM investments and buy the premiums at much lower than current retail/ebay/dealer

Once it realises its potential or the price you seek, swap it back out for fiat debt tokens and back to your bank.

My plan!! Hadnt used my royal mint signature account for a while,but have started loading it up again. Picking up the odd physical piece,but refuse to pay the premiums now asked. Would still buy silver at current price,if it that was an honest price for it and not just this inflated state were in just now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kman said:

I've had a mental block from buying  bullion since sovereigns went over £200 😛 

I once read somewhere that if you want to invest in gold on the long term, always set a goal (monthly/yearly) in weight, not in price. I think this is the way to go if you're a stacker. I'm very frustrated about gold prices too, but  then again so was everyone else when gold was 1000 $/oz instead of 300.

Edited by werewolf
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Provvidenza said:

I made a panic Gold purchase shortly after the lockdown started, but have decided to keep buying in the dips. I've halted all Silver purchases at the moment, there just doesn't seem much around to buy.

Exactly, Im picking up Gold at dips.

I didnt want to buy all at once as unsure if it would go down before going up etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using this opportunity to consolidate the stack and focus on my core stack and aim which is the completion of 100 oz Gold Queens Beasts coins. Due to current Gold price and premiums hard objective to complete and I am gambling in the next couple of months the western economies will resume international trade Gold becomes more available on the market and both premiums and prices fall somewhat. I could be completely wrong and we could have run on Comex and the Gold price followed by Silver the price going through the roof.

If only I could find where I parked my flying DeLorean I would be able to find out if I am right ahead of time :).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Abyss said:

I am using this opportunity to consolidate the stack and focus on my core stack and aim which is the completion of 100 oz Gold Queens Beasts coins. Due to current Gold price and premiums hard objective to complete and I am gambling in the next couple of months the western economies will resume international trade Gold becomes more available on the market and both premiums and prices fall somewhat. I could be completely wrong and we could have run on Comex and the Gold price followed by Silver the price going through the roof.

If only I could find where I parked my flying DeLorean I would be able to find out if I am right ahead of time :).

Borrow one of mine if you want 😉

img-1235-1-1547761237.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use