• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Protect your "precious" - ITS STARTED!

5huggy

The "BADDIES" are off to a FLYING START! 🙄 😲

Armed group robs Mexican gold mine, flees in plane

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - An armed group stormed a gold mine in northern Mexico and stole bars of gold and silver alloy before fleeing in a light aircraft, mine operator Minas de Oro Nacional said.

Minas de Oro Nacional, a subsidiary of Canadian firm Alamos Gold Inc., said in a statement late on Wednesday that the robbery at the Mulatos mine in Sonora state occurred when a group of five “heavily armed” people assaulted security staff who were transferring bars of the precious metals onto a plane.

Within 10 minutes, the robbers loaded the goods onto a separate plane that landed alongside. The aircraft, which appeared to be a Cessna 206, then took off towards a mountain range, Minas de Oro Nacional said. It did not detail the amount or value of the stolen bars.

The Miners’ Association of Sonora (AMSAC) said the incident was the second recent robbery at a Sonora mine, after an armed group in late March stole from Mineria Penmont, a subsidiary of Fresnillo. It called on law enforcement to work with mining companies to step up security amid broader instability due to the coronavirus crisis.

“During this sanitary emergency ... the industry is in a transition stage in its operations in order to adhere to the federal and state government orders, which makes it a vulnerable target for organized crime,” the group said in a statement.

Article here  - - - > > https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-robbery/armed-group-robs-mexican-gold-mine-flees-in-plane-idUSKCN21R2NN

Do miners process gold on site to produce gold bars???

I thought miners just dig a hole, extract the ore and process the ore and then send the metal off somewhere else to be processed into bars and coins. Obviously I am no mining expert!!!!!! 

19 minutes ago, BullionBuyer said:

Do miners process gold on site to produce gold bars???

They produce what are known as Dore bars !between 75/80% purity in most cases - these then go of to refiners!

FYI - 

A doré bar is a semi-pure alloy of gold and silver. It is usually created at the site of a mine and then transported to a refinery for further purification.

The proportions of silver and gold can vary widely. Doré bars weigh as much as 25 kg.

from here - - > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doré_bar

Archived