• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Favorite piece of silver that you own or want to own?

SurreyStacker

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, the triangle shipwreck series from Royal Australian Mint is absolutely gorgeous, those are my favorites in my stack. Those triangular pieces are really amazing with so enriched details. It’s now been going for 2 years already, hopefully it can last for more than five years, or even ten years! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have been collecting Perth Mint Lunar coins for a few years.  Love the quality of the coins.  I have 1,2, 10 and a 1 kilo coin.  I mostly collect the 2oz coins but last year bought a 1 kilo Lunar Tiger coin.  I bought it because it was cheap at the time and figured it was a cheap way to stack.  But when I got the coin, I changed my mind.  When I held the coin in my hand, I was immediately impressed by the sheer size and heft of the coin.  It's impressive.  Also the quality of the coin was apparent.  The larger size actually made the tiger seem more real.  

If I can, I intend to buy more 1 kilo lunar coins.  My favorite lunar is the dragon.  I have several varieties up to 10 oz and within the different dragons, I love the red colored dragons.  One of these days, I hope to add a 1 kilo dragon to my collection.  

On 20/04/2020 at 10:38, a897824075 said:

For me, the triangle shipwreck series from Royal Australian Mint is absolutely gorgeous, those are my favorites in my stack. Those triangular pieces are really amazing with so enriched details. It’s now been going for 2 years already, hopefully it can last for more than five years, or even ten years! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I agree- I love these chunky little triangles breaking up the rows of round coins. But I’m sure I read somewhere that it will be a four-coin series.

I really like the Alphonse Mucha Collection coins, a set of four came up on the forum not long ago but I'm going to wait a little before I consider silver in this per oz range. Two of the lovelies are below in 'antiqued' finish. Probably my favourite which I own would be the Valiant, although I've got to say the Walking Liberty on the silver Eagle makes me stop and stare every time I go to walk past the one that's out on display. There's a reason it's a classic I guess!

1-5-oz-antique-mucha-collection-dance-silver-round-obv.jpg

1-oz-antique-mucha-collection-champagne-silver-round-rev.jpg

IMG_20200424_165113913.jpg

IMG_20200424_165216430.jpg

5 hours ago, Liam84 said:

I really like the Alphonse Mucha Collection coins, a set of four came up on the forum not long ago but I'm going to wait a little before I consider silver in this per oz range. Two of the lovelies are below in 'antiqued' finish. Probably my favourite which I own would be the Valiant, although I've got to say the Walking Liberty on the silver Eagle makes me stop and stare every time I go to walk past the one that's out on display. There's a reason it's a classic I guess!

1-5-oz-antique-mucha-collection-dance-silver-round-obv.jpg

1-oz-antique-mucha-collection-champagne-silver-round-rev.jpg

IMG_20200424_165113913.jpg

IMG_20200424_165216430.jpg

Nice the muchas arent they 😏

Just now, Liam84 said:

They're wonderful. All the versions are really good, but I think the antique finish really makes them 'pop'. Beautiful 👌

Antiques the best finish in most sets I've found. Only offered the muchas up as it's time for someone else to enjoy them

1 hour ago, Antwerpstacker said:

My all time favorite coin, old style Libertad. Smaller and thicker than a modern, this coin has a great feel to it. My fondle piece, no need for gloves here. After years of fondling, I have managed to get a proof-like field on the t.... 😜

IMG_20200427_164628.jpg

Nice I keep a 1984 in my pocket at all times. My Wife's birth year

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

1 hour ago, Antwerpstacker said:

My all time favorite coin, old style Libertad. Smaller and thicker than a modern, this coin has a great feel to it. My fondle piece, no need for gloves here. After years of fondling, I have managed to get a proof-like field on the t.... 😜

IMG_20200427_164628.jpg

15880064303325452268938235362008.jpg

2 minutes ago, Antwerpstacker said:

These are stunning coins,  wish I could afford a gold one.... 

Yeah me to this is the only one I have, I'm sure one day we will both have a 50 pesos in our pocket

18 minutes ago, Tritoon01 said:

you could start with the little ones 🙂 ...... Libertad gold starts from 1/20 oz......and even before Libertads....the Centenarios.....start very little...dos pesos, dos y medio.....etc 😉 

Yeah I keep looking at the DOS pesos

Missed a good deal here on them

2 minutes ago, Tritoon01 said:

If interested, I have some 1/20 oz libertads 2015.....pretty low mintage of 1.300 pieces. Don't expect the price of gold for those beauties 🙂 

They usually up for double premium at the dealer's. I'm a bit low on funds as I bought a couple of gold bars today

Archived