• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Favorite piece of silver that you own or want to own?

SurreyStacker

Hey everyone, I am keen to see what everyone else has as their favorite piece of silver. Bar, Coin or round or maybe something else!

I think right now for me it is the Scottsdale 10oz/1kg Tombstone silver nugget, and in second place is the 10oz/100oz Britannia Silver bars.

I don't own either but they just look so nice..!

https://www.scottsdalemint.com/product/1-kg-tombstone-silver-nugget-silver-bar/

https://www.royalmintbullion.com/Products/Bars/BBO10ZS

Whats your favorite piece of silver available?

C9D60753-6B81-431C-8BE1-CC7955C6C97C.jpeg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, cravethatcoin said:

I really like the Rwanda coins in my stack.

In terms of the best purchase financially it's the queens beast 2oz coins.

I do like the Queens Beast collection. Have not got any 2oz ones yet though. Maybe someone wants to sell me a tube?! I like the Royal Coat of arms and the England/Wales/Scotland best from the collection 🙃

2 hours ago, silverdocket said:

1000 oz bar silver but it won't fit in my safety deposit box so I won't be getting one anytime soon 

1000oz  that sure would be impressive! Who even sells them in that size?!

I love the 100oz Britannia, impressive chunk of silver, shame about the none existent stock right now!

27 minutes ago, SurreyStacker said:

I do like the Queens Beast collection. Have not got any 2oz ones yet though. Maybe someone wants to sell me a tube?! I like the Royal Coat of arms and the England/Wales/Scotland best from the collection 🙃

1000oz  that sure would be impressive! Who even sells them in that size?!

I love the 100oz Britannia, impressive chunk of silver, shame about the none existent stock right now!

I'm sure byb could pour one for us

My own personal favourite is the silver Perth Mint Star Trek coin which I purchased from @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer back in 2018. It was my very first silver coin and the first-ever Star Trek bullion coin. I loved this novelty coin so much that I ended up stacking eighteen of them in an air-tite tube. Set in the future, the science fiction series followed the 23rd century adventures of Captain James T. Kirk and the Constitution-class starship U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701, a powerful interstellar spacecraft dispatched by the Earth-based Starfleet Command to explore the galaxy.

C3B09770-00A1-4B37-944B-8F51E4DD1240.jpeg

Freedom Girl rounds are the most gorgeous I've encountered. They were designed by artist Heidi Wastweet. My favorite by far. I think they're part of the Silver Shield series or something.

I'm America we have lots of private rounds and bars, in part because it doesn't make a difference for tax purposes – states either exempt bullion from sales taxes or they don't. For government silver, I like Britannias, Maples, Eagles, and Kangaroos. QB are nice too – beautiful designs and 9999 fine.

Back in the day i got a couple of these bars from the Chinese pawn shop website. 

This is my entry at the time

Speaking of Lucky i bought a  2016 Shenyang Mint 120th Anniversary Panda 500g silver medal from him. 

I know another member bought one in the past and posted it here but i was a little surprised that others weren't more interested when for example none other than NGC gave it a glowing writeup. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/5515/shenyang-mint-panda-coins/

The detail is fantastic and i feel sure will become a significant Panda collector's holding in future years.

image3 (1).JPG

image4 (1).JPG

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

@richatthecroftYes i captured a few stray pieces for the treasure chest that particular day. These were the silver ones.

20200305_141138.thumb.jpg.66f6926bdf57f4

20200305_141740-1.thumb.jpg.45d7e3e81c9e

20200305_141456-1.thumb.jpg.c741ddbd7555

20200305_100623.thumb.jpg.858629bffdc373

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

It's like picking between favorite children so I'll list a few of my favorites:

2019 10 oz Perth Mint Kookaburra

2018 10 oz Royal Mint Valiant

2020 10 oz. Royal Mint Royal Arms

2018 10 oz Korean Tiger

2018 10 oz Perth Mint Next Generation Koala

2018 1 oz Korean Tiger

2020 1 oz Perth Mint rectangular Dragon

Biggest want is a 2017 1 oz. Chiwoo Cheonwang

I own a complete set of this. This is a stock photo and information as mine is in storage. Complete sets are very rare to find and the key coin is the 1oz silver proof. 998 sets only and most have been broken up as people just graded the silver proof coin. Bought it many years ago and kept onto it.

https://www.apmex.com/product/64902/1983-mexico-8-coin-silver-libertad-proof-set

http://proofsetsilver.net/2018/03/1982-1983-mexico-8-coin-libertad-silver-proof-set-with-coa-rare/

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=1983+silver+proof+libertad&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=1982+1983silver+proof+libertad&LH_Complete=1

and of course a silver proof Una and the Lion 2oz.

C2D2C513-92B8-4434-A870-2D9D1B7BAD28.jpeg

19 minutes ago, JosephM said:

My favorite would have been the 2oz Luna if there was no chance of spotting over time. Really liked that coin before i sent it back to rm :(

I requested mine came vacuum packed from where it was double checked and then vacuum packed. I hope that will have reduced the likelihood of any spotting happening. So far, so good.

Archived