• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The coming Gold crash

Wonger
Message added by ChrisSilver

⚠️Please remain respectful to other members even if opinions differ. The truth is that no one knows what the future price of Gold will be and no one can predict with any certainty what it will be. People can make assumptions and guesses based on what they think will happen but at the end of the day anything can happen.

The future price of gold will either be the same, higher, or lower. So please debate respectfully of fellow members even if they have a different opinion or opposing views to the majority of members. 

No member will ever be banned for having a different opinion to another member but members who are rude and disrespectful do risk their account status. Please be polite and respectful of all members, we wish to maintain a pleasant place on TSF ⚠️

On 10/07/2020 at 22:15, Martin1983 said:

@Wonger I know nothing about these short positions you take I have googled a little bit but as gold keeps going up at the moment are you losing money daily? How does this work?

Trading Gold Futures, the most recent high was $1830 4 sessions ago, its currently $1813

6 hours ago, Wonger said:

Trading Gold Futures, the most recent high was $1830 4 sessions ago, its currently $1813

when do those expire? ie when do you have to cash in your losses by?

you must have some open shorts at well below current prices.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

12 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

when do those expire? ie when do you have to cash in your losses by?

you must have some open shorts at well below current prices.

Any contracts that expire get rolled into further months out, there are positions currently that are in loss and profit and stops are used on some but not all positions, the price is down $30 from the recent high at $1830, the bigger picture is that my target is $385, that is $1415 downside and an overall position that is $100 underwater is par of the course as I have a view and it will not change until substantial further continued upside occurs. Equity update is still long SPX target $3328-38 have lightened up a bit and will sell rest at $3328-38 area and go short. 

10 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

The word "RATIONALISE" comes to my mind, following this thread!

That is 

Some are telling

THEMSELVES -

"RATIONAL LIES"!

😉🤣👍

Gold in GBP is lower than 2 months ago! 😉 

8 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

BUT !

MASSIVELY UP from 5 years ago! 😉👍🤣🤣🤣

Lets hope it does not go "MASSIVELY" down soon when Trillions of Debt defaults cause Currency supply destruction and Deflation! 😉

6 minutes ago, Wonger said:

Lets hope it does not go "MASSIVELY" down soon when Trillions of Debt defaults cause Currency supply destruction and Deflation! 😉

NOW that's a VERY VALID point @Wonger - 👍

but as you are no doubt aware - if that scenario presents and value falls sufficiently - it will ALREADY be a "BUY" signal for those with Currency aplenty - 

So goes back up from "elites " purchasing 😉👍

ALL IMHO! 👍

5 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

NOW that's a VERY VALID point @Wonger - 👍

but as you are no doubt aware - if that scenario presents and value falls sufficiently - it will ALREADY be a "BUY" signal for those with Currency aplenty - 

So goes back up from "elites " purchasing 😉👍

ALL IMHO! 👍

Yes a very valid point indeed as even those who purchased 5 years at $1050 will see their "MASSIVELY" gains turn into "MASSIVELY" losses on the way to $385!😉 

1 hour ago, Wonger said:

Gold in GBP is lower than 2 months ago! 😉 

Wrong again. Gold is higher today (currently £1438.54, at 10:15am, 14th July) compared to 2 calendar months ago on 14th May when it reached a high of £1424.52

image.png.d76eb392ab5310744eda298568c0c068.png

Source: https://www.chards.co.uk/gold-price/gold-price-history

Edited by Booky586

49 minutes ago, Booky586 said:

Wrong again. Gold is higher today (currently £1438.54, at 10:15am, 14th July) compared to 2 calendar months ago on 14th May when it reached a high of £1424.52

image.png.d76eb392ab5310744eda298568c0c068.png

Source: https://www.chards.co.uk/gold-price/gold-price-history

In 4 Days it will be £21 lower than 2 Months ago at current prices, sorry my mistake, I will re post in 4 Days time 😁

5 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

So you actually mean in 3 days time then 😉

No as I think I may be busy Friday at the Gold Bears Party after taking $100 off the Futures price in 9 days as only $61 to go and were just warming up! 😉

Just now, Wonger said:

No as I think I may be busy Friday at the Gold Bears Party after taking $100 off the Futures price in 9 days as only $61 to go and were just warming up! 😉

In that case if you do mean Saturday 18th then you are actually using the price of Friday 17th. So are you comparing with May 17th or May 18th in your 2 month time frame?