• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The coming Gold crash

Wonger
Message added by ChrisSilver

⚠️Please remain respectful to other members even if opinions differ. The truth is that no one knows what the future price of Gold will be and no one can predict with any certainty what it will be. People can make assumptions and guesses based on what they think will happen but at the end of the day anything can happen.

The future price of gold will either be the same, higher, or lower. So please debate respectfully of fellow members even if they have a different opinion or opposing views to the majority of members. 

No member will ever be banned for having a different opinion to another member but members who are rude and disrespectful do risk their account status. Please be polite and respectful of all members, we wish to maintain a pleasant place on TSF ⚠️

1 hour ago, Wonger said:

That's getting tired now, totally boring.

1 hour ago, TheApe said:

Lol, Wonger has all day to discuss this with you Steve.

Exactly. Whereas I have better things to do with my leisure time🚴‍♂️

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

13 minutes ago, Shep said:

Pretty sure you tore someone apart on a previous page for writing unreadable posts.

Take a look in the mirror and reread that mess.

Busy on the desk selling Gold Futures, apology if you feel you can not understand it!😁  

As the level of risk in other investments recedes this was always going to happen to some extent as the haven premium for gold reduces. There is likely be continued volatility while this settles and if any other shocks / influences become apparent. Also there will the normal impact of currency movements depending on which you use.

As requested by Wonger I have been shorting gold since March and lost a fortune as it never hit the predicted $400 😭

6 hours ago, Wonger said:

Well if the Futures price of Gold (set by Comex) and the Spot price of Gold (set twice daily by London Bankers who run the Comex) falls to my target of $385, then none of you have anything to worry about have you, because Im totally wrong in thinking anyone holding physical will see its value decline substantially and anyone who waited to buy will be paying substantially less than today as the physical premium will be $1300 and we all live happily ever after 😁 

Wonger, I doubt you seriously believe a "crash" is coming because you see hedgers dump paper gold to buy physical gold. Im not worried in the slightest, I doubt anyone on here who holds metals is worried.

If you are sincere... Then fair enough... 

3 hours ago, HawkHybrid said:

you can have your opinion on whatever you want, until you can prove it's

true it doesn't make it a fact.

HH

@sixgun explains the system right here and that is fact. This thread - the paper gold markets/spot/futures - the derivatives are treated as financial assets that produce issue promissory notes. 

22 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

@sixgun explains the system right here and that is fact. This thread - the paper gold markets/spot/futures - the derivatives are treated as financial assets that produce issue promissory notes. 

all @sixgun talks about there is currency.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/knowledgebank/how-is-money-created

notice how the title of the link has the word 'money' and not 'currency'.

how 'money is created', really, shouldn't someone proof read that to 'how

currency is created' ? (the article is so godlike it doesn't even need to use the

correct terms)

we already know currency is created.

how is that proof of manipulation of pm's ?

so when gold coins were used as money and circulated as currency, the minting

of gold coins(how money is created) would be considered proof that food prices

are manipulated ?

without using your imagination how exactly is it proof?

exam papers are printed therefore it's proof that exams are manipulated ?

(there's a lot of things that are printed)

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

5 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/knowledgebank/how-is-money-created

notice how the title of the link has the word 'money' and not 'currency'.

how 'money is created', really, shouldn't someone proof read that to 'how

currency is created' ? (the article is so godlike it doesn't even need to use the

correct terms)

we already know currency is created.

how is that proof of manipulation of pm's ?

so when gold coins was used as money and circulated as currency, the minting

of gold(how money is created) would be considered proof that food prices are

manipulated ?

without using your imagination how exactly is it proof?

HH

Yet again complete and utter non sense reply trying to miss inform, HH your truly on the ropes and I for one will not let you off and I suspect others will not either, state your point clearly if you want a reply instead of trying to confuse with utter non sense!  

1 hour ago, Chorlton said:

As the level of risk in other investments recedes this was always going to happen to some extent as the haven premium for gold reduces. There is likely be continued volatility while this settles and if any other shocks / influences become apparent. Also there will the normal impact of currency movements depending on which you use.

As requested by Wonger I have been shorting gold since March and lost a fortune as it never hit the predicted $400 😭

Requested?

53 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Wonger, I doubt you seriously believe a "crash" is coming because you see hedgers dump paper gold to buy physical gold. Im not worried in the slightest, I doubt anyone on here who holds metals is worried.

If you are sincere... Then fair enough... 

I see Deflation, I see Commercials net short, if you think Im not serious, keep watching!

50 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

No, I disagree, he doesnt. His [@sixgun] first line literally states "Banks dont create currency". He explains the banking systems deception of creating promissory notes which are predicated on the creation of contracts which are treated as assets... Which are then traded. This is central to the point of this thread and the explanation I am giving you the complete unequivocal proof of how paper gold is a scam to buy up physical gold, it is an undeniable fact. I fully believe you are refusing to admit that into your consciousness like some sort of defensive mechanism, instead you have resorted to being ideologically possessed with things that arent even discussed. For the decency of the thread and which I have provided proof at your demand... There you go; that is the proof. 

Edited by Minimalist
Bold

2 hours ago, Minimalist said:

That's what I was getting at but @sixgun provided the literal definition. We can extrapolate that out to all the 'promises' inflating the financial industry like a kneaded yeasty dough and what you have has been said ad nauseam since 2008. 

Edited by Prophecy

58 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Banks dont create currency

so we've gone from bank are fraudulent because they print currency(eg £'s),

to banks are manipulating the paper gold market because they don't create

currency?

'all silver forum members don't create currency', this is proof that silver forum

members are all paper gold manipulators?

claiming something is an 'undeniable fact' is not proof.

on the contrary paper gold or futures contracts are an important part of the price

discovery mechanism. remember that some miners hedge part of their production

using your so called scam that is the futures contracts. so in addition to bankers

being scammers miners are also scammers?

HH

7 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

currency?

'all silver forum members don't create currency', this is proof that silver forum

on the contrary paper gold or futures contracts are an important part of the price

using your so called scam that is the futures contracts. so in addition to bankers

HH

Now might be prudent to define 'scammer'. It's a person who commits fraud or participates in a dishonest scheme. "scammers are preying on people's good intentions"

What is hard here is to understand the overlap between good intentions and naivete. Is it a scam to allow retail investors to trade when they are seen as 'dumb money'? Should everyone who participates in some manner with the financial industry know how everything works in all dimensions? There comes a point when due diligence and personal responsibility play a part.

If one believes a manipulation is going on, why do they still choose to participate?

Edited by Prophecy

5 minutes ago, Prophecy said:

That's what I was getting at but @sixgun provided the literal definition. We can extrapolate that out to all the 'promises' inflating the financial industry like a kneaded yeasty dough and what you have has been said ad nauseam since 2008. 

you need to think of currency as not a store of value(that would be money)

but an address written on a piece of paper of where the value can be

located. a £1 coin is not a store of value but I can exchange it for a loaf of

bread which does have value. currency is an accounting mechanism that

helps trade to flow.

HH

1 minute ago, HawkHybrid said:

you need to think of currency as not a store of value(that would be money)

but an address written on a piece of paper of where the value can be

located. a £1 coin is not a store of value but I can exchange it for a loaf of

bread which does have value. currency is an accounting mechanism that

helps trade to flow.

HH

I think you are using 'you' in a projective manner again. I know all this.

9 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

currency?

HH

Futures markets were created on securities to enable the manipulation of those securities the same as securities are priced in USD to enable Further manipulation, the classic is to loan out in USD then rally the USD and Booooom, simple as that!  

3 minutes ago, Prophecy said:

Now might be prudent to define 'scammer'. It's a person who commits fraud or participates in a dishonest scheme. "scammers are preying on people's good intentions"

What is hard here is to understand the overlap between good intentions and naivete. Is it a scam to allow retail investors to trade when they are seen as 'dumb money'? Should everyone who participates in some manner with the financial industry know how everything works in all dimensions? There comes a point when due diligence and personal responsibility play a part.

If one believes a manipulation is going on, why do they still choose to participate on the same playing field?

so futures contracts are evil and it's existence is proof that banks are scammers.

miners that use futures contracts however are not scammers?

is this the logic here?

you're a thief if you steal but it's ok for me to steal as stealing doesn't make me a

thief? 

HH