Entry to 10,000+ member prize draws ended. (10 oz custom BYB bar 1/1 + custom 1oz BYB round 1/1) DRAWS to be drawn soon........
  • The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 10,000+ forum members. 

cravethatcoin

Is anyone looking to invest in the stock market?

1 hour ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

I already own physical but feel nows a very good time to own gold but sometimes it’s beneficial to have a number on piece if paper that you can use as a proof of savings/funds etc if needs be. Also buying physical right now is pretty difficult 

That's true, it's also a good way to be liquid

Web Design Ashford - Website services from one fellow stacker to another. 11 years experience providing web design, web hosting, logo design & more.

1 hour ago, Tn21 said:

@cravethatcoin what platform are you using if you don't mind me asking ?

I'm using eToro due to the low fees on stocks.

Just playing around with the market, learning a lot and having some fun

Web Design Ashford - Website services from one fellow stacker to another. 11 years experience providing web design, web hosting, logo design & more.

I think this is a very attractive level for buying the FTSE based on future returns as a function of current valuation.. but that said, please realise all the usual caveats - you should only invest within your circle of competence, and an expected returns must be viewed in relation to the risk that comes with it. 

As I have said countless times, study the effect of asset allocation yourself, and then you will become your own expert for your own situation. 

Wealth is built through knowledge, conviction and decisive action.. there are no easy shortcuts. 

3 minutes ago, cravethatcoin said:

I believe what we saw was either a small crash or the start of many to come.

The United States is heading down a path for hyperinflation. 

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. But if you want to continue as the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money and to control credit."

Sir Josiah Stamp, Director of the Bank of England

7 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

The United States is heading down a path for hyperinflation. 

Maybe so, but we have also heard that for over 10 years and it's not happened yet.

3 minutes ago, cravethatcoin said:

Maybe so, but we have also heard that for over 10 years and it's not happened yet.

The United States pre-cvirus was reflecting inflation at a rate of 6% minimum annually. Real indicators, not the one the Fed uses. That will go up.

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. But if you want to continue as the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money and to control credit."

5 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

The United States pre-cvirus was reflecting inflation at a rate of 6% minimum annually. Real indicators, not the one the Fed uses. That will go up.

I am aware, it's the same situation in the UK. The real rate of inflation I believe is around 10% especially taking into account not just price increases but the shrinking of products (shrinkflasion).

But this has been the same for years. Lot's of hype (mostly from people selling gold/silver) and no result. I don't ever doubt the possibility of hyperinflation but it has been promoted as a pending crisis for many years and it never comes. It's important to prepare for every situation including a future without hyperinflation which I believe is more likely.

4 minutes ago, cravethatcoin said:

I am aware, it's the same situation in the UK. The real rate of inflation I believe is around 10% especially taking into account not just price increases but the shrinking of products (shrinkflasion).

But this has been the same for years. Lot's of hype (mostly from people selling gold/silver) and no result. I don't ever doubt the possibility of hyperinflation but it has been promoted as a pending crisis for many years and it never comes. It's important to prepare for every situation including a future without hyperinflation which I believe is more likely.

Its coming this decade without a shadow of a doubt. The SDRs will be given reserve status post-hyper.

8 minutes ago, cravethatcoin said:

Hyperinflation is unlikely because QE method used to pump liquidity in can be reversed.  It floats around in the M4 supply but has low velocity, it sits on banks and institutions balance sheets, assets, shares etc.  It doesnt get lent out and circulated much.  The loans and payments going out will prop up the economy in short term, mostly will be paid back.  

The market is starting to come down. My stocks did ok considering.

I am still waiting for a bigger crash but who knows if/when it will come.

Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 22.27.49.png

On 24/03/2020 at 22:43, Minimalist said:

Firstly, I have experience and first hand knowledge of stocks particularly on the microlevel by shorting OTCs (Pump and Dumps) now and then.

As for bluechip/large cap stocks they are toast imho. If anything the general stockmarket is finished in my lifetime because stock value is pumped primarily by corporate buy-back liquidity which essentially is now predicated on central banking debt which that debt [central banking debt] is covered by government insurance [taxpayer].

Truth - This means on a general term there will be no long term growth to your desire.

Because - Inflation is around 6% (minimum) in the United States - so, to break above that you will need to at least find a stock or ETFs that can outperform that minimum inflation rate. With the global debt crisis coming ahead the United States is going to end its reserve currency status. Hyperinflation will come in the long term which obliterates investments.

If you are into paper investments I would suggest you invest some capital into Brazilian, Russian or Chinese stocks. Developed nations securities are finished for the long term.

There are just so many things wrong with this.  Inflation in the U.S. is generally close to about 1-2%, not 6%.

a novice investor should probably not be investing in very speculative stocks in totalitarian Russia or China.  Brazil is also very speculative.  Unless one is an expert, one should probably focus on safer ETFs with a buy and hold mindset for decades. Something like VTI OR VTSAX has historically produced reliable returns tailored to the U.S. economy.

15 hours ago, MrUpwardlyMobile said:

There are just so many things wrong with this.  Inflation in the U.S. is generally close to about 1-2%, not 6%.

a novice investor should probably not be investing in very speculative stocks in totalitarian Russia or China.  Brazil is also very speculative.  Unless one is an expert, one should probably focus on safer ETFs with a buy and hold mindset for decades. Something like VTI OR VTSAX has historically produced reliable returns tailored to the U.S. economy.

Lol

I had to read over this three times as I thought this was some sort of bot that is controlled by the National Security Agency or CIA.  

Your intelligence is being insulted by the Federal Reserve, CIA and other other Globalist cartel entities... But I get the feeling from this post; its narrative, the way you describe inflation, certain countries is full of indoctrinated assumptions and pretentious preconditions that has confined your mindset into a propaganda state that is beyond redemption

Inflation is minimum 6% in certain states and higher in others - There is a website to prove it which measures the prices off 500 common consumer goods that are purchased by US citizens - I believe @sixgun provided this in another thread a long time back, I cant remember the website name but the truth is there.

Novice investor? Your advice is straight out of a propaganda machine - very lickspittle like - and not surprising given the conditioned ignorance and schizophrenia of the United States media. What I invest in none of your business.

28 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Inflation is minimum 6% in certain states and higher in others - There is a website to prove it which measures the prices off 500 common consumer goods that are purchased by US citizens - I believe @sixgun provided this in another thread a long time back, I cant remember the website name but the truth is there.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/inflation-charts

Big Brother says Test and Trace - What do you say?

Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself. COVID-19 is a cover story for collapsing the economy. 

All Lives Matter - don't let Leftists and Liberals convince you otherwise. 

I am waiting for a market correction to 2009 levels. Then it is going to be a mix of gold miners for speculation and blue chips to hold long-term for dividends. Thought this was going to happen a lot sooner, but in the meantime I just keep saving and every once in a while add to my pm stack. 

12 hours ago, MrUpwardlyMobile said:

Stacker, are you going to consider dividend  focused ETFs in a correction as well?  I’m liking them for their inherent diversification but the markets just aren’t tethered to real economic conditions right now.  

Not interested in ETFs for a number of reasons. Especially since they buy pharma and arms manufacturer shares.