• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 10,000+ forum members. 

cravethatcoin

Is anyone looking to invest in the stock market?

Hello everyone,

Is anyone tempted to invest in the stock market over the coming days/weeks?

I have always paid attention to the stock market but never invested due to feeling it was overpriced.

I decided to put some funds into stocks but only money I can afford to loose. I feel like if I'm ever going to buy stocks now is a decent time to start although there's certainly a huge risk that stocks have only just started to crash.

My plan is very long-term holds. I am looking to buy companies who's price has taken a big hit but have solid business models for the future. Disney for example seems like a good option because it will be hit a lot by the current situation but in 10 years time it is such a strong, well loved brand that it should be doing well.

If anyone things that buying a stock is completely insane right now I would love to hear from you as I like honest discussion.

Cheers

Web Design Ashford - Website services from one fellow stacker to another. 11 years experience providing web design, web hosting, logo design & more.

Stock markets have locked over priced for a while.  I was going to buy in week before last, but thought there might be more bad news to come. That was with FTSE100 around 6000, so glad i held.  Feels more like a bottom now, though as the markets are hardly likely to race back we have time to wait a little to see any more shocks to come. 

8 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Stock markets have locked over priced for a while.  I was going to buy in week before last, but thought there might be more bad news to come. That was with FTSE100 around 6000, so glad i held.  Feels more like a bottom now, though as the markets are hardly likely to race back we have time to wait a little to see any more shocks to come. 

Very nice to read your opinion.

I think you're right, best to play it slow and not rush into anything.

Web Design Ashford - Website services from one fellow stacker to another. 11 years experience providing web design, web hosting, logo design & more.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, gkoogk said:

Invested £4300 into top 3 cruise lines yesterday  now showing £4870  better than the 0.1% from the bank he he... im hoping USA commandeers them and turns them into hospital ships

Wow very nice :)

I deposited £500 into my account but may go to more depending on the market.

I have attached my investments so far.

Still being cautious because I wouldn't be surprised if we see another crash or two. But at the same time I didn't want to hold back completely because I have no intension to invest for the short term and in terms of long term I am confident that the current price of these stocks are at least reasonable if not "good".

I had the same thought as you regarding industry hit stocks that have a future with Boeing.

Disney seems to be a decent price and I like the power of the brand + the many different income streams. Disney + streaming having a huge potential.

Coca Cola - long term solid company

Although subject to change I like that they all currently provide dividends.

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 21.06.29.png

Edited by cravethatcoin

This is my first ever dabble in stocks..saw how much cruise shares were so bought 100 of Carnival..Norwegian and Royal Caribbean..saw on internet 100 shares or more makes me a shareholder which entitles me to between $50 and $250 free spending money on nearly every cruise ship there is

10 hours ago, gkoogk said:

Invested £4300 into top 3 cruise lines yesterday  now showing £4870  better than the 0.1% from the bank he he... im hoping USA commandeers them and turns them into hospital ships

That's bold,  I like it

I know nothing about stocks I need to learn,

Are cruise lines too big to fail? will governments prop them up? 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

I don't know anything about stocks or investing

I know zero about stocks but I want to learn

If anyone could recommend videos to watch? things to read? and trading platforms you're using? that would be great thanks 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

I don't know anything about stocks or investing

13 hours ago, cravethatcoin said:

I decided to put some funds into stocks but only money I can afford to loose.

5 hours ago, cravethatcoin said:

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 21.06.29.png

Firstly, I have experience and first hand knowledge of stocks particularly on the microlevel by shorting OTCs (Pump and Dumps) now and then.

As for bluechip/large cap stocks they are toast imho. If anything the general stockmarket is finished in my lifetime because stock value is pumped primarily by corporate buy-back liquidity which essentially is now predicated on central banking debt which that debt [central banking debt] is covered by government insurance [taxpayer].

Truth - This means on a general term there will be no long term growth to your desire.

Because - Inflation is around 6% (minimum) in the United States - so, to break above that you will need to at least find a stock or ETFs that can outperform that minimum inflation rate. With the global debt crisis coming ahead the United States is going to end its reserve currency status. Hyperinflation will come in the long term which obliterates investments.

If you are into paper investments I would suggest you invest some capital into Brazilian, Russian or Chinese stocks. Developed nations securities are finished for the long term.

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. But if you want to continue as the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money and to control credit."

Sir Josiah Stamp, Director of the Bank of England

9 hours ago, Minimalist said:

Firstly, I have experience and first hand knowledge of stocks particularly on the microlevel by shorting OTCs (Pump and Dumps) now and then.

As for bluechip/large cap stocks they are toast imho. If anything the general stockmarket is finished in my lifetime because stock value is pumped primarily by corporate buy-back liquidity which essentially is now predicated on central banking debt which that debt [central banking debt] is covered by government insurance [taxpayer].

Truth - This means on a general term there will be no long term growth to your desire.

Because - Inflation is around 6% (minimum) in the United States - so, to break above that you will need to at least find a stock or ETFs that can outperform that minimum inflation rate. With the global debt crisis coming ahead the United States is going to end its reserve currency status. Hyperinflation will come in the long term which obliterates investments.

If you are into paper investments I would suggest you invest some capital into Brazilian, Russian or Chinese stocks. Developed nations securities are finished for the long term.

Wow thanks for the information.

I am very well diversified in non-paper assets which is the only reason I am playing around with the stock market.

I appreciate your advice and will look into Brazilian, Russian & Chinese stocks. Do you have any examples you are looking into?

6 hours ago, cravethatcoin said:

Wow thanks for the information.

I am very well diversified in non-paper assets which is the only reason I am playing around with the stock market.

I appreciate your advice and will look into Brazilian, Russian & Chinese stocks. Do you have any examples you are looking into?

Energy ETFs, particularly Russian, hold long term. Vaneck vectors russia etf / RSX and ishares MSCI russia / ERUS are ones which im about to invest post-coronavirus. Some people are buying up mining etfs (Western) as they are clearly undervalued.

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. But if you want to continue as the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money and to control credit."

1 hour ago, Minimalist said:

Energy ETFs, particularly Russian, hold long term. Vaneck vectors russia etf / RSX and ishares MSCI russia / ERUS are ones which im about to invest post-coronavirus. Some people are buying up mining etfs (Western) as they are clearly undervalued.

Thanks, I have made some adjustments to my investments. RSX seems like a good purchase to counter the risk of US stocks a bit.

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

I hear George Soros is planning to buy the world for £5000. I am thinking of outbidding by a penny or two :)

Soros network is banned from Russia I think. Putin isnt daft. If anything Soros would need to buy out the Red Shields. 

See attached.

This doesn't make any sense. How can the stock market bounce so much when almost evert company globally is suffering right now?

I think what we saw was only a small crash and a big one is still coming.

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 21.01.14.png

2 minutes ago, cravethatcoin said:

Thanks, I have made some adjustments to my investments. RSX seems like a good purchase to counter the risk of US stocks a bit.

Its all about the future and DM's are the way to go. BRICs, the modern Silk Road and China resetting the "system". The west is finished.

7 minutes ago, cravethatcoin said:

See attached.

This doesn't make any sense. How can the stock market bounce so much when almost evert company globally is suffering right now?

I think what we saw was only a small crash and a big one is still coming.

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 21.01.14.png

The federal reserve has pumped in trillions of USD's to the stockmarket. This artificially pumps these prices up. Long term, the fed printing cannot be paid backed. Russia has very little debt and a solid energy sector. 

As I stated, long term, EM's are the future.

Welcome to reality. 

1 minute ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

How about just gold ETFs, ETCS? Just posted on forum about it but here seems more sensible and basically looking to open and S&S ISA and max my allowance before 5th april and have a go!

When it comes to gold I prefer to avoid the paper options and own the physical. Any money I'd put into ETFs etc I'd rather put that directly into physical gold.

I already own physical but feel nows a very good time to own gold but sometimes it’s beneficial to have a number on piece if paper that you can use as a proof of savings/funds etc if needs be. Also buying physical right now is pretty difficult 

Posted (edited)

Anyone seen Royal Mint do bullion backed ETC this seems something i like the look off as it’s priced in ozs so easier to track and makes more sense to me.

They do one in USD RMAU and one in GBP RMAP, I really like the look of this as the GBP one also offers some protection against the weak pound. If gold breaks its USD high which i think it will while the pound is so weak, it will mean huge gains. @vand you’re pretty clued up on these things just wondered what you make of the royal mint fund?

Edited by AuricGoldfinger