• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Starting Investing in Silver / Gold - noob question

DanTer

Hi

I would like to start saving regularly in gold and silver - mainly in silver.

What I been told by one guy who is doing this for years is that this only make sense to buy silver/gold from mints with "certificates of promise" which means that mint gives warranty to buy back gold/silver.

What I been told that if I will buy silver or gold without that certificate - in case of recession or crisis I will be only able to seel it at price of 30%-50% of market value.

Is this how it works ?

Can someone please explain me that ?

Thanks You

Dan

What I been told by one guy who is doing this for years is that this only make sense to buy silver/gold from mints with "certificates of promise" which means that mint gives warranty to buy back gold/silver.

This is BS

What I been told that if I will buy silver or gold without that certificate - in case of recession or crisis I will be only able to seel it at price of 30%-50% of market value.

More BS

Is this how it works ?

No it doesn't

No - go back to this guy and ask him to provide proof for this fairy story.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Stick to this forum mate, your advisor is talking through their rear end! 😀

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Probably something like this perhaps - an utterly incredible sovereign by London Mint Office - an absolute snip at £795. i am literally shaking with excitement.

Wellington 250 Full Sovereign

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Thank you guys for all the answers.

So for example - If I will buy few kg of silver now in case of bad times what warranty I can have that mint or whatever will buy that back from me at actual market price ?

Is there nothing like this type of "buy-back" certificates ?

Ps: apologies for grammar - English is not my 1st language.

You can always look on the company's web site for their buy back price.  However, that is the buy back price at the current point in time.  I have never seen a buy back guarantee for a specific price, unless it is some type of marketing ploy that is not worth c**p.  If you are afraid of loosing money when it comes time to sell, then think twice about buying; this applies to anything.  There are no guarantees in life except for death and taxes. 

6 hours ago, DanTer said:

So for example - If I will buy few kg of silver now in case of bad times what warranty I can have that mint or whatever will buy that back from me at actual market price ?

I'm not sure where this notion of guaranteed buy back is coming from. Gold and silver are traded the world over, when it comes time to sell you find someone (or a dealer) who wants it and sell at a price relevant to the current spot value of the metal. There's no certificates or buy back arrangements needed. Anyone that offers you one must be colossally overcharging in the first place. 

6 hours ago, DanTer said:

what guarantee do you need better than the gold/silver that you have in your possession.

On 22/03/2020 at 22:52, DanTer said:

Hi

I would like to start saving regularly in gold and silver - mainly in silver.

Is this how it works ?

Thanks You

Dan

Hi, can you provide contact details to this guy? We got crisis right now so i will be happy to unload his problematic gold and silver for spot - 3%, bargain for him i guess? It is more than any mint will pay him. 😉 

15 hours ago, DanTer said:

They will not buy it back at spot price, always under and what if mint go bust? or just say they will not respect your certificate? In crisis there is no certainty. PM will help you transfer your wealth to time after crisis in better way than other assets. ( well at least in theory)  

Archived