• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver-to-go WARNING

InvestInCoins888

I’m guessing this applies to coininvest too...

Despite the warning on site that says expect delays, I suspect they are not sending any orders at this time.

I made a large order early lady week, before any warnings on site appeared. Absolutely no communication from them I mailed this week. Generic response was received and after several to and fro emails I am convinced they are not shipping. They have no idea when they will be shipping again.

Ive emailed the MD and had a ‘out of office’ reply.

Be warned, order here right now and your money could get caught.

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

8 minutes ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

I am convinced they are not shipping. They have no idea when they will be shipping again.

@InvestInCoins888  Seems to be the same theme across MOST suppliers - its due to NO insurance through at least R Mail -as they have introduced a non contact for "signed for" !

Just now, 5huggy said:

@InvestInCoins888  Seems to be the same theme across MOST suppliers - its due to NO insurance through at least R Mail -as they have introduced a non contact for "signed for" !

you can still use special delivery.  The postman won't let you sign but will say its been delivered only when its in the customs hands. It is to do with risk, but its a cop out. 

Royal Mail Special Delivery is running as usual, no issues, no changes to insurance according to their help line.

DHL made me sign for a pack yesterday and they offer insurance for bullion shipping Europe wide...

Its the fact they aren’t telling people. Be up front. Bullionbypost and others have openly said, no deliveries at this time. To say ‘expect some delays’ is disingenuous. To leave customers hanging with no communication who ordered before any warnings is pretty shoddy. They should be offering refunds in such circumstances.

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

3 minutes ago, Melon said:

Fingers and toes crossed, ordered some from GSB the other day and certainly haven't been told to expect any delays. Time will tell! 

I'm sure that with their superior customer service dept, you would certainly be kept constantly up to speed if there were any issues😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

It's possibly worthwhile to point out that some countries have already shut down their courts, and others seem to be about to do the same. Silver-to-go and coininvest are based in Germany where court proceedings currently face disruptions and there are more and more calls to close the courts. It's looking more and more likely that for the time being, people won't even get their money back if they pay by bank transfer in advance.

I just received a mail from argentorshop.be, another bullion dealer based in Belgium. As far as gold is concerned, they say they have difficulties with their supply but have some on stock now. However, they say that they cannot guarantee that they are able to ship it, and they explicitly recommend customers who are not prepared to wait to not order. As for silver...: "over gans de wereld geen zilveren munten meer te vinden" - "no silver coins to be found anywhere in the world anymore."

3 hours ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

Royal Mail Special Delivery is running as usual, no issues, no changes to insurance according to their help line.

DHL made me sign for a pack yesterday and they offer insurance for bullion shipping Europe wide...

Its the fact they aren’t telling people. Be up front. Bullionbypost and others have openly said, no deliveries at this time. To say ‘expect some delays’ is disingenuous. To leave customers hanging with no communication who ordered before any warnings is pretty shoddy. They should be offering refunds in such circumstances.

No insurance on SD 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

I’ve picked this point up in your post. I do believe insurance is still part of SD and have just spoken to a very grumpy lady at RM that confirmed my assumption. 

Without insurance SD as a product is defunct, especially as they have waived the time guarantee!

Many thanks, Elliot

5 hours ago, 5huggy said:

I bought a few gold britannias yesterday, and they arrived today before 1pm as promised.  Not from the company mentioned in this thread though, it seems to me that some companies are shipping out orders, and others aren't or are delaying shipping them ou for he time being.

8 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

No insurance on SD 

IMPORTANT OVERSIGHT!

Special delivery services are to remain unchanged!!! Normal.

Its only basic cheap signed for post that there is no insurance for unless you have your own business policy which most companies do. 

Special delivery is still fine!

8 hours ago, jonrms said:

IMPORTANT OVERSIGHT!

Special delivery services are to remain unchanged!!! Normal.

Its only basic cheap signed for post that there is no insurance for unless you have your own business policy which most companies do. 

Special delivery is still fine!

Gah. Good catch 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

• 2 weeks later...

Dear fellow members,

Neither silver-to-go.com nor coininvest.com have stopped sending orders to the UK. We are working at full speed to work off the work load we are experiencing. It is currently 15x higher than usual and we are working with the same amount of staff.

We are terribly sorry if this causes frustration on your end and we completely understand where you are coming from but please bear in mind that the situation is not easy for coin dealers all accross the globe. 

Major competitors had to shut their shops down wheras we proceed with more stock than ever (that's for gold - silver is quite low :)).

Our customer service is working 18 hour days to answer all emails from you guys, if those are too generic, we apologise.

Again, we appeal for your understanding and patience.

Regards,

Daniel Marburger

Director of coininvest

coininvest.png

www.coininvest.com - coininvest GmbH

+44-20-369-50335 / +49-69-348-77570 / sales@coininvest.com

coininvest.com specializes in buying and selling gold and silver bars and coins to private individuals as well as institutional investors, financial advisors and resellers. coininvest.com helps their customers to invest in inflation-safe assets, with its offer ranging from 1g to 1000g gold bars topped off with all popular gold and silver coins. coininvest.com offers excellent prices as we purchase directly from mints and producers and act as their official distributor. coininvest.com is your expert for buying, selling, transporting, storing, insuring, sorting and reprocessing precious metals.

On 19/03/2020 at 10:24, InvestInCoins888 said:

I’m guessing this applies to coininvest too...

Despite the warning on site that says expect delays, I suspect they are not sending any orders at this time.

I made a large order early lady week, before any warnings on site appeared. Absolutely no communication from them I mailed this week. Generic response was received and after several to and fro emails I am convinced they are not shipping. They have no idea when they will be shipping again.

Ive emailed the MD and had a ‘out of office’ reply.

Be warned, order here right now and your money could get caught.

I placed an order with them and paid 18th March, order has still not been handed to the courier as of yet. I've enquired twice by email and received responses apologising for the delay but saying orders are being processed. In line with the response from Coininvest in this thread. It's frustrating but apart from any staffing issues they may have the infrastructure has apparently been affected way worse on the continent than it has been here. I'm hoping when it does come DHL/UPS will ensure it actually goes into my hands. RM Special Delivery the other day was just put through the letterbox like a regular parcel, I wonder what they would have done if it hadn't fitted through...

I’m shocked by the unprofessional way they have dealt with me personally.

“Things” happen, I absolutely understand that, however it’s the way in which a company deals with situations like this that gives them an opportunity to set them apart.

All their ‘customer service experience’ has managed to do for me, is lose a life long customer, a big fan and a loud advocate.

Many thanks, Elliot

5 hours ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

I’m shocked by the unprofessional way they have dealt with me personally.

“Things” happen, I absolutely understand that, however it’s the way in which a company deals with situations like this that gives them an opportunity to set them apart.

All their ‘customer service experience’ has managed to do for me, is lose a life long customer, a big fan and a loud advocate.

Global pandemics that impact every part of society are pretty rare. I think you're being a little dramatic about this. 

9 hours ago, Melon said:

Global pandemics that impact every part of society are pretty rare. I think you're being a little dramatic about this. 

The situation is utterly unique, their reaction to it unprofessional and rude.  

Many thanks, Elliot

I recently listened to the link below, and another reason why dealers are closing for orders may have been highlighted by Jim Rickards in his interview (8m 15secs in).

If a Bullion dealer takes more than 28 days to deliver a gold order, then legally, the transaction is considered to be a futures contract?

Just a thought..but may be relevant.

https://youtu.be/mC3ag5G5cZg

3 hours ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

The situation is utterly unique, their reaction to it unprofessional and rude.  

Just a thought here pal, while to you/us sometimes other nations can appear rude if English is not their 1st language. I remember buying some coins from silber corner a few years ago & I can't even remember what the problem was now. I did chuckle to myself though by the statement of the lady I usually contacted re any problems. Instead of her saying something like, could you please do so & so or would you mind doing this, she stated you MUST do this or that & you CANNOT do that.

I don't think it is intentional to be rude, some of it is just lost in translation & cultural differences.

And yes she is still on my Christmas card list as all problem were sorted lol.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

• 9 months later...
On 19/03/2020 at 15:45, dollarydoos said:

I just received a mail from argentorshop.be, another bullion dealer based in Belgium. As far as gold is concerned, they say they have difficulties with their supply but have some on stock now. However, they say that they cannot guarantee that they are able to ship it, and they explicitly recommend customers who are not prepared to wait to not order. As for silver...: "over gans de wereld geen zilveren munten meer te vinden" - "no silver coins to be found anywhere in the world anymore."

Hi!

How was your experience with https://www.argentorshop.be/?

Any issues? Did the order come through?

I just visited their site and I am interested in some of their products. But before buying, I would like to know if someone on the forum can share their experience with them.

Thanks!

Archived