• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 10,000+ forum members. 

augur

Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) information; no need to be panicked by the virus – but be by your police state!

ChrisSilver

Message added by ChrisSilver

These facts are preliminary but there is now some more information about the virus: The CoViD-19 or Corona Virus Disease 2019 is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Corona Virus 2).

Main route of infection is touching contaminated surfaces (this would include an infected and little helpful face mask). Since the virus concentrates in medium-sized droplets, only a radius of 1.5m around a person that sneezes is considered infectious. Good hand washing, surface decontamination and hand disinfectants should suffice to suppress the spread. Further does the limited spread in Japan indicate that face masks coul limit the spread from asymptotic virus carriers to others.

The virus does not appear to affect the young with hardly any 18 year or younger hospitalised or dead. Middle aged men  around 45 are the primary patient but with mild symptoms. The age group at risk are 65+ in particular with additional conditions like coronary heart disease, diabetes, lung conditions and smokers. Those that develop symptoms and do not get into a severe state within 48h should be fine. Symptoms are fever, dry cough and aches. The symptom-free incubation period is 2-3 weeks and thereby longer than the generally adopted quarantine.

While it is still early days, it appears that the mortality rate is somewhere between 0.1%-1%. Extrapolating from seasonal flu data there shouldn’t be more than six times as many dead or 200,000 - 2,000,000 worldwide at the end of the year. 

Similar to flu this virus is not particularly deadly but the fact that both (flu and SARS-CoV-2) spread mostly asymptomatic will lead to deaths in the risk groups. It appears however that Covid-19 won’t even peak the 25,000 flu deaths of 2018. In line with that Covid-19 is no longer classed as a High Consequence Infectious Disease.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238578-uk-has-enough-intensive-care-units-for-coronavirus-expert-predicts/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924857920300972

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/weeklyprovisionalfiguresondeathsregisteredinenglandandwales

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid#status-of-covid-19

What appears however to be the case is that this pandemic will be used as the excuse for the greatest breakdown of economies and wealth transfer in living memory. 

Someone should tell the staff at Costco in Wembley not to worry about coronavirus too much. I just walked in their entrance and had my phone sitting between my ear and shoulder whilst getting my card out of my wallet to show them. The staff member then squirted my hands with sanitiser gel before I knew what was going on. 

9 minutes ago, MickB said:

The staff member then squirted my hands with sanitiser gel before I knew what was going on. 

That's assault. As such a criminal offence.

12 minutes ago, tallyhojim said:

That's assault. As such a criminal offence.

Everyone who walked in was assaulted then. It might become the norm everywhere with the panic about. 

49 minutes ago, tallyhojim said:

If they gave permission, no law has been broken. But if a staff member just squirted it on with no warning or ability for the victim to decline said substance being squirted onto them, then assault it is.

If it were me I would be raising merry hell.

It appeared as if they had to enforce it on everyone. I know the staff to chat to so will have a word with one of them tomorrow as it took me by surprise. I can see a problem arising if it carries on. It's the first place I've seen this happen. 

1 hour ago, MickB said:

Someone should tell the staff at Costco in Wembley not to worry about coronavirus too much. I just walked in their entrance and had my phone sitting between my ear and shoulder whilst getting my card out of my wallet to show them. The staff member then squirted my hands with sanitiser gel before I knew what was going on. 

While is may be abrupt, this sort of practice is how we could carry on as normal with minimal impact. If everyone is sanitised going in to public areas, shops, offices, etc, potential to spread is greatly contained. 

6 minutes ago, Martlet said:

While is may be abrupt, this sort of practice is how we could carry on as normal with minimal impact. If everyone is sanitised going in to public areas, shops, offices, etc, potential to spread is greatly contained. 

A bit of warning that it will happen when entering shops is needed then it will become acceptable and normal for everyone.

I'm extremely concerned on a number of levels, obviously hoping and praying that all the precautions are 'better safe than sorry' but it's chaos in the shops here in Kent, can see shortages of essentials very soon.

The paper today reads like something out of a film - they say Hyde Park is being prepared as a temporary morgue???

Meanwhile I didn't see it reported that a law for forced detainment in suspected cases had already been passed here, that makes me think that perhaps it's very much more serious than they say. I know of a lady just outside Milan where a number of villages are under lockdown at gunpoint by the army, very scary stuff imo.

I don't believe we are being told the full truth, so much doesn't make sense. Bill Gates has been heavily involved in vaccines for years yet now he's promising millions for a 'universal vaccine'. If that's possible then why not think of that before? It wasn't so long ago he was saying the next pandemic wouldn't be treatable, why's he changed his tune?

I've found some other very weird stuff today that hopefully is conspiracy nonsense so I might put that on the Wuhan thread, not here, and hope some of the wise members here can debunk it as rubbish.

I'm not sure if this will go ahead, but hopefully this event is a good thing/very timely?

Capture_2019_11_24_10_59_32_363.jpg

https://vaccines-immunization.insightconferences.com/

2 minutes ago, MickB said:

A bit of warning that it will happen when entering shops is needed then it will become acceptable and normal for everyone.

That's crazy, not only as said is it assault without your permission, we've surely all heard the stories of stuff in supermarkets being spiked in the past and the recent random acid attacks. If one lone nutter swapped out a bottle and it made the press I don't think they'd be trading very long...

Different staff member at the entrance today who told me that it's not compulsory for the sanitiser gel. Don't know what the bloke yesterday was thinking putting it on me like he did. 

Well my nearby market town shows no sign of panic shopping, shelves well stocked.  I wonder if the shrill newspaper claims just wash over people now, we've literally heard it all before with SARS and swine flu.  

30 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

They'd simply claim that you looked a little unwell, as such they were acting in self defence.

Wouldn't stand up in court.

No panicking at Milton Keynes Costco today as they never had any staff at the entrance offering sanitiser gel. Must be a London thing.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Just bought up Holland & Barrett:

Like that Elderberry which is supposed to be good in support of the immune system. And need that Vitamin D! Reminded me to pop a couple Elderberry gummies just now!😁

Edited by CadmiumGreen

Posted (edited)

Vitamin tablets are useful of course but go through the body way faster than natural foods, so their effects last less and should only be used when there is no other choice or as an addition to natural foods.

Edited by Oldun

It’s fun to have fun.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Just bought up Holland & Barrett:

To save me from trying to watch the YouTube video over a bad internet connection, is it the white or black sambuca I should be switching out Jack Daniels for?  And do I have to add coffe beens and ligh them? Lighting them I don't mind as I find sambuca far more effective if drunk while still on fire, but counting out coffee beens be it 7 beans, 3 beans or just 1 bean is too much of a PITA, besides after your sixth or seventh dose, counting out and handling coffee beens gets a bit difficult.

Edited by Seth

4 minutes ago, Seth said:

To save me from trying to watch the YouTube video over a bad internet connection, is it the white or black sambuca I should be switching out Jack Daniels for?

97D8A5FA-128F-432C-B54C-490B4A7363D2.jpeg

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

15 minutes ago, Roy said:

IMG-9ce33fb98bf59218853a1a39a81f282f-V.jpg.c19db3aef2e8cbea15cdb8d5520860e0.jpg

Prevention is better than cure @Roy everyone is gonna get this virus, so get your body filled with good stuff ASAP before you get it 

6 hours ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Like that Elderberry which is supposed to be good in support of the immune system. And need that Vitamin D! Reminded me to pop a couple Elderberry gummies just now!😁

The elderberry tastes great it’s literally like concentrated Ribena!! 😋 

On 29/02/2020 at 15:53, MickB said:

Nope, look at hospital wards, doctor surgeries and health clinics. All have large signs everywhere saying please use alcohol gel provided. Hardly anyone used them up until very recently until they started panicking (apparently people are even ripping them off hospitals walls to steal).

I was always shocked when visiting, or unfortunately staying in hospitals, how few people used the sanitizer and this is in a critical area with ill people. Would they do it in a normal public area? I highly doubt it, especially in our selfish society.

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use