• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anyone emptied their safe deposits yet!?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wolfiemac said:

I've transferred cash from a building society to withdraw as cash to keep handy, I'll put it back if not needed. 

Just be ready to be questioned at the bank / building society as to why you want to withdraw X amount. 

If you don't like their tone just say you want it for cocaine and hookers. 

22 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Just wondering, while the world is going mad if anyone has decided to empty their safe deposit boxes and have the precious metal to hand?

You guys trust a bank to look after your gold?! I have mine buried in various different fields acros Hertf.... oops I've already said too much

Just now, GoldElliott said:

You guys trust a bank to look after your gold?! I have mine buried in various different fields acros Hertf.... oops I've already said too much

You're lying... Prove it (and will you are at it, you must provide the location).

11 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Just be ready to be questioned at the bank / building society as to why you want to withdraw X amount. 

Just tell them you are going on a wanker banker weekend experience.

There in nothing in my safety deposit box worth anything yet alone worth emptying, all I use my safety deposit box for is to store documents and passports in - I hold multiple passports.  So it's nothing that can't be replaced, it's just replacing them would be a PITA of mega proportions, and would involve travelling to several countries.

36 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

I will just tell them it's my money and they can mind their own damned business.

Just now, tallyhojim said:

I will just tell them it's my money and they can mind their own damned business.

Yh I like it tallyhojim,

but getting your money from a bank is not a straightforward process as it once was. They ask you silly questions and in the end you think to urself wth it's my money, just give me my money

Lol

2 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Yh I like it tallyhojim,

but getting your money from a bank is not a straightforward process as it once was. They ask you silly questions and in the end you think to urself wth it's my money, just give me my money

Lol

Then I'll just close my entire account down.

5 minutes ago, tallyhojim said:

You know banks in the U.K. have his stupid law that they have to follow of face very very heavy consequences, no bank by law in the U.K. is allowed to let you leave with more information than you brought in/walked in with.  Seriously ask your bank teller or bank manager.

That's a hell of a question! If folk take the precaution of storing their PMs in a SDB for safe keeping, I would hope they wouldn't announce when they take it all home with them! 

1 hour ago, Minimalist said:

Just tell them you are going on a wanker banker weekend experience.

You do know the folk working in bank branches get terrible pay and work essentially a standard retail job right? Just saying, sounds like you have them confused with investment bankers! 

1 hour ago, Melon said:

That's a hell of a question! If folk take the precaution of storing their PMs in a SDB for safe keeping, I would hope they wouldn't announce when they take it all home with them! 

You do know the folk working in bank branches get terrible pay and work essentially a standard retail job right? Just saying, sounds like you have them confused with investment bankers! 

Im well aware. When bankers are mentioned on here we obviously mean the investment dep or directors

28 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Im well aware. When bankers are mentioned on here we obviously mean the investment dep or directors

Fair enough, but I don’t think those are the folk who will be asking you about your cash withdrawal 😛

4 hours ago, Seth said:

So it's nothing that can't be replaced, it's just replacing them would be a PITA of mega proportions, and would involve travelling to several countries.

And "THEY" have just about shut down the worlds airlines - Not quite sure what you can use to travel abroad! other than your OWN (disinfected) yacht! 😉

I took Friday off from work in order to buy a numismatic coin at Baldwin’s with cash. It was one of those rare shipwreck sovereigns that you had to inspect in person the old school way rather than browse online before buying. Unfortunately, the cashpoint restricted the amount I could withdraw to way below the amount I needed to purchase the coin. I felt like giving up that day in frustration until the yellow metal came to my rescue. I hit on the idea of selling two of my 1/4oz gold bullion coins down Hatton Garden Metals to get the cash to buy the coin.

Been transferring mine to a series of safe locations  - a bunch of ideas I cooked up one night when quite drunk.

Here are some I HAVENT executed lol: 
1. Loosen a few bricks in the house walls. 
2. Cut a bunch of PVC pipes up and stick capsuled silver coins in them and stick them up in the roof to appear like plumbing
3. Dig a hole on the floor of the shed, fill up and stick an erosion proof box in the ground and cover 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

8 hours ago, 5huggy said:

And "THEY" have just about shut down the worlds airlines - Not quite sure what you can use to travel abroad! other than your OWN (disinfected) yacht! 😉

That's probably the push that I need to stop looking at zodiacs and to finally pull my finger out and buy one, but you know the old saying, ''if it flys,floats, or fornicates, it's cheaper to rent than own''.

18 hours ago, Seth said:

You know banks in the U.K. have his stupid law that they have to follow of face very very heavy consequences, no bank by law in the U.K. is allowed to let you leave with more information than you brought in/walked in with.  Seriously ask your bank teller or bank manager.

You're going to have to re-word your reply, as I don't quite follow the context of what you're saying.

Archived