• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

£3000 in stock market?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Probably, though imagine being the politician that accepts hundreds of thousands of dead without action. 

Yes they must be seen to be doing something, even though it will kill more in the long run, but that will be someone else's problem. Such is the nature of democracy. 

5 minutes ago, silvernewbie said:

Thinking of buying national grid or lloyds (x2 potential if things pick up). 

any other ftse 100 companies to look at?

Not advice but I would go for national grid over lloyds because I don't like banks and NG. will at least still be in business at the end of this cycle unlike many businesses, purely because people are going to need utilities regardless of what they economy is doing.  

Personally I am buying telecoms companies and oil majors this year, though not more than 10% in each sector. BT, VOD, TEF are my main 3 telecoms picks, to explain (not advice) I think they are one part of the economy that should still do well during the hard times coming up for the consumer.

1 hour ago, Martlet said:

Probably, though imagine being the politician that accepts hundreds of thousands of dead without action. 

Imagine that since start of 2020 16 mln people died over all. 

1 hour ago, KDave said:

Not advice but I would go for national grid over lloyds because I don't like banks and NG. will at least still be in business at the end of this cycle unlike many businesses, purely because people are going to need utilities regardless of what they economy is doing.  

Personally I am buying telecoms companies and oil majors this year, though not more than 10% in each sector. BT, VOD, TEF are my main 3 telecoms picks, to explain (not advice) I think they are one part of the economy that should still do well during the hard times coming up for the consumer.

I am looking on SSE, Royal Mail and Gazprom.

Was wondering about Aviva and RBS as well but will wait and see how crisis ll impact them. (will they go bust in general) 

Isnt BT to expensive for now? P/E ?

1 hour ago, KDave said:

BT has a big problem with pension liability as well. I am less concerned about p/e given what's happening, this is not a market correction in the traditional sense, this is a generational cycle change. 

Ok and why vodafone ?

14 minutes ago, Michal said:

Ok and why vodafone ?

All 3 are for the company size and the dividend policy, I don't expect BT to keep paying 12% but it will pay something. Like the oil majors these companies will keep going through the rough times and come out the other side stronger. Just bear in mind that any company can go bust at any time for any reason, there are no guarantees in life. 

7 hours ago, Michal said:

I am looking on SSE, Royal Mail and Gazprom.

Was wondering about Aviva and RBS as well but will wait and see how crisis ll impact them. (will they go bust in general) 

I like all 3 of the top picks, SSE and Royal Mail for the same reasons I like NG. and Gazprom is an interesting energy play good spot in fact. Given that it takes decades to get a nuclear power station up and running and we are already over reliant on fickle renewable energy which will never support re industrialisation, demand for gas is likely to greatly increase over the coming decade. Unless they start using coal again but given the brainwashing of our society and particularly children to support the climate change myth narrative I don't think its likely, 'clean' gas is an easier sell.  

Aviva and RBS I am not interested in, though in theory insurance side should do well when inflation finally kicks in and reduces liabilities in real terms. RBS I wouldn't want, I don't like banks. 

I finally bought some IAG 🥳

Down 10% today so looked like a good time

Only $300 but playing it very safe and seeing where things are heading currently, hopefully down to buy more 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Bought some more VOD and BT today.

I think IAG and other airlines are a very risky prospect, as are all businesses that have their revenue cut to virtually zero during the shutdown.  The longer the shutdown goes on the closer these businesses teeter towards bailout/bankruptcy

I’m making a packet on the Cannabis Stock index and associated industries.  Aphria, Canopy Growth and GW Pharmaceuticals. 

These stocks were over inflated and tanked seriously. They scraped bottom and have only one direction.

Admittedly high risk! 

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

3 hours ago, vand said:

Bought some more VOD and BT today.

I think IAG and other airlines are a very risky prospect, as are all businesses that have their revenue cut to virtually zero during the shutdown.  The longer the shutdown goes on the closer these businesses teeter towards bailout/bankruptcy

The US government is helping out the US ones 

https://www.businessinsider.com/american-airlines-delta-united-jetblue-reach-agreement-on-coronavirus-bailout-2020-4?r=US&IR=T

"In a memo to all employees, Delta said that it would receive $5.4 billion, including an unsecured low-interest 10 year $1.6 billion loan."

"American Airlines, in a press release and a separate memo to employees, said it had received $5.8 billion in payroll assistance. The amount will be split into a $4.1 billion grant and a $1.7 billion loan."

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

RE: virus related possible stocks

Impossible to know who will have the vaccine but abbott laboratories have come up with a antibodies test 

"UW researchers have been working 24/7 to verify the test’s effectiveness. Scientists said Friday they found the test can determine if someone had COVID with nearly 100% accuracy.

Content Continues Below
“It showed a sensitivity of 100% and a specificity of 99.6%,” said Alex Greniger, assistant director of the UW Virology Lab. “Diagnostically, this is one of the best tests we can offer,” he said.

They say that means it’s a test that can help reopen the economy and get people back to work."

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/breakthrough-covid-antibody-test-with-nearly-100-accuracy-can-help-reopen-economy/RFCEDOCPVJEWPMYKUVSEVRRPYQ/

abott.png.0034ec0280a53d955824b4bdeaf5f7d0.png

Share price already going up but it's not too high above what it was pre drop

abotshares.png.3b1b3d569dae30d59e61c910f3860b94.png

If they get some more positive news soon then maybe it can spike up again but who knows 

Another company coming out with an antibody test is Roche - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/17/roche-coronavirus-antibody-test-uk

"The pharmaceutical giant Roche has devised a new coronavirus antibody test, which it is aiming to launch in the UK next month.

Antibody testing, which has already been utilised in Germany, South Korea and Finland, is seen as a way for countries to exit lockdown by showing who has already had Covid-19 and could therefore have a degree of immunity.

Roche, which has its headquarters in Switzerland, says it will be able to produce its tests in the order of the high tens of millions by June and will then scale up production “as fast as possible”

Just two to watch, not recommending to buy them as I know absolutely nothing

I don't like this one only because I have been here before with the AIM market. Investing quickly devolves into gambling/taking a punt. Nothing wrong with that if you recognise that it is a punt like putting money on a horse, but you can't 'invest' in a company if you know nothing about it, at best you can trade if you have targets in mind and set up, otherwise the other option is to take a punt, which I don't like doing.

It might be promising, they pay a dividend and have growth potential, personally I am still buying oil shares, was hoping for a dip given west texas crude hit $15 a barrel today, but BP and RDSB share prices did not reflect, perhaps because Brent was still near $27.

Too much oil and nowhere to put it. WTI will be back at $30 a barrel by the end of summer though, nearer ten times that by end of the decade.

48 minutes ago, KDave said:

I don't like this one only because I have been here before with the AIM market. Investing quickly devolves into gambling/taking a punt. Nothing wrong with that if you recognise that it is a punt like putting money on a horse, but you can't 'invest' in a company if you know nothing about it, at best you can trade if you have targets in mind and set up, otherwise the other option is to take a punt, which I don't like doing.

It might be promising, they pay a dividend and have growth potential, personally I am still buying oil shares, was hoping for a dip given west texas crude hit $15 a barrel today, but BP and RDSB share prices did not reflect, perhaps because Brent was still near $27.

Too much oil and nowhere to put it. WTI will be back at $30 a barrel by the end of summer though, nearer ten times that by end of the decade.

Do you buying only oil shares or there is something like ETF oil to invest? Read that news $15 for barrel of texas crude as well and it looking as good opportunity.

2 hours ago, lubi29 said:

Do you buying only oil shares or there is something like ETF oil to invest? Read that news $15 for barrel of texas crude as well and it looking as good opportunity.

Nah no right now bro, they are still gonna go down, look at my post on thrusday, just those three tankers im up: image.png.44025ebffa73f8364dcdaeb3cf0acd76.png

I also got TK and STNG and am up 12% since Thursday too

The other side of a big W dip is coming, in other words the first crash last month was only a hint of whats to come.

Still a great buy price right now, but will it go lower, most likely. As long as your willing to hold it for the long. Historically you would be getting it now 60% off which is cool.

Archived