• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

£3000 in stock market?

11 hours ago, Martlet said:

Couldn't back the cruise liners, despite the 3-4x potential because their road to recovery is going to be a couple years.

What I'm learning is whether they make money soon or not isn't as important in the short term as whether people(investors?) see positive signs

Like Royal Caribbean  rose 30% yesterday and Carnival 20% but apparently that was because, as said above, Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund has purchased 8.2%  in Carnival

They dropped down to 15% and 7% by the end of the day

I'm starting to think since we're near the bottom with them already, putting some money aside and waiting for some positive news and buying and cashing out when they surge seems like easy money.. 

But this is getting into trading and totally the opposite of my original plan 🙈 and I still don't really know what I'm talking about 😛 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Kman said:

What I'm learning is whether they make money soon or not isn't as important in the short term as whether people(investors?) see positive signs

Like Royal Caribbean  rose 30% yesterday and Carnival 20% but apparently that was because, as said above, Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund has purchased 8.2%  in Carnival

The long term prognosis for them is good, with heavy investments to back them. Its just the time frame is going to be quite long for them, and I'm taking an aggressive stance.  

Dont put your money into any Western stock markets.

Fact is whether you want to believe it or not the S&P500, for example, finds its price by the FINRA margin debt - which isnt even up for debate either while that reveals the total position of the S&P of 75%-80% debt.

EMs are the best place to be if you want to make solid investments.

Everything went up this week as the Fed injected unprecedented amounts of liquidity into the system. Shorters got their faces ripped off.

Reflation is the name of the game between now and the US election. Make no mistake the fate of the presidency depends on how much ground the S&P can claw back in the next 6 months and the Fed will be under tremendous political pressure to make it happen.

Shouldn't companies like Expedia be a very safe bet? they own a lot of brands including hotels.com and carrentals.com

Because they just offer a resource(?), their biggest expense seems like it would be staff but the staff can stay home and be paid by governments and they might be able to defer rent; what other operating costs do they really have?

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Thing is, these are long term investments so even if/WHEN we see lower lows, we will also see higher highs. Buying on a dip might not be as good as buying at the bottom but we've all heard the phrase "trying to catch a falling knife"

This is a very good article:

https://ofdollarsanddata.com/buying-during-a-crisis/

3 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

We’ve already seen this virus mutate into 3 separate types already. Anything could happen here.

If it could happen then eventually it will happen. 

It had already felt like humanity had peaked and started to roll over before 2020 presented it's doom.

After Iran tensions, the fires in Oz and then the virus,  one black swan could call for it's friends.

On 09/03/2020 at 12:05, MrGeorge said:

Be greedy when others are fearful, thats what buffet says.
All my isas are maxed out praying there even lower when April comes, finally get some cheap stocks. 

LOL, every single investment noob now repeats that over and over. So I wonder what it means now if everyone says the same.

No insult against you, I am also a noob.

9 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

That's a good point. If everyone is being greedy because they think everyone else is fearful, then you should probably be fearful when everyone is fearful because they are actually being greedy.

I like it!

Exactly 😂

Or if you keep hearing people telling you to be greedy because people are fearful, people aren't really fearful yet. 

We need people's lives to be shattered to apply this. We need sustained depression and poverty. People aren't "fearful" they are greedy with the fear of missing out if they don't jump in.

14 hours ago, Blehhhh said:

LOL, every single investment noob now repeats that over and over. So I wonder what it means now if everyone says the same.

No insult against you, I am also a noob.

I like to use the fear/greed index as a little guide. It uses several indicators such as volatility to quantitatively gauge the level of fear in the market.

https://money.cnn.com/data/fear-and-greed/

46 minutes ago, Kman said:

Are the markets reacting today to Trump wanting to reopen America? 

UK markets might be reacting to this IMF release:

Via Euronews: COVID-19: World economy in 2020 to suffer worst year since 1930s Great Depression, says IMF https://www.euronews.com/2020/04/14/watch-live-international-monetary-fund-gives-world-economic-outlook-briefing-on-covid-19

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

6 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

UK markets might be reacting to this IMF release:

Via Euronews: COVID-19: World economy in 2020 to suffer worst year since 1930s Great Depression, says IMF https://www.euronews.com/2020/04/14/watch-live-international-monetary-fund-gives-world-economic-outlook-briefing-on-covid-19

Govt intervention is more destructive than the disease

19 minutes ago, KDave said:

Govt intervention is more destructive than the disease

Indeed. 100% destructive to us and true democracy but constructive for them and their new world. 😞 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Archived