• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

£3000 in stock market?

Sold my 500 RDSB shares @ £14.01 made just over £500 for money laid out for a couple of weeks. I don't do this very often (limit trades) but I am not convinced by the markets attempts at a fight back. If I'm wrong I'm not bothered.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

Sold my 500 RDSB shares @ £14.01 made just over £500 for money laid out for a couple of weeks. I don't do this very often (limit trades) but I am not convinced by the markets attempts at a fight back. If I'm wrong I'm not bothered.

jnr miners are - making headway and this early days  😉 👍 @motorbikez

I might currently be short of breath! 🥴 - - but I aint short of dry powder! 😁

Just now, Pipers said:

USD/RUB done well here anyone else on here its a easy way to play the oil short.

I stay away from oil, but my stocks and bonds portfolio has risen by 30% this month, nothing like sin to bing in a bit of extra cash

10 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

How you getting on @Cornishfarmer ?

I ended up putting £2000 in.   £500 in 4 lots, shell, BP, IMB and voda    Last night I got up to £2002.56 first time it was above....... then today happened!!!! And £127 down.   Should have waited a week.     Probably got too higher % of value in gold so might sell some off and put into a s and s isa next tax year.

On 10/03/2020 at 19:38, campbellgs said:

I'm with Hargreaves and Lansdown but their transaction fees bother me, has anyone had any experience with Freetrade or Trading 212? Or does anyone recommend another platform to the ones mentioned

Trading 212 are stopping sending out nightly emails detailing your portfolio.  Every night around 9:30pm they send you an email detailing what stocks, bonds, ETF's... you own, when you purchased them, how much you purchased them for, how much they are worth now, the % difference in their value from when you bought them, how much money you have invested, and how much profit or loss you had made, they are now sending out your portfolio reports monthly, I received an email from them yesterday informing me of the change, and I think onight is the last nightly report I will recieve, and I will only be getting monthly portfolio reports from now on.  However it doesn't make a difference as on the app, and the website if you go to your portfolio page it provides you with all these details and more - pretty pie charts and such, that updae every second or two.

What shares would you guys suggest buying for long term? 2-5 years or more 

I was looking at IAG who are 60% down pre corona, the airline industry will recover eventually and Qatar bought 500 million in shares in Feb, they seem too big to fail?

I was thinking of putting £1000 in there and hoping for the best 

But I don't know anything so 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

14 minutes ago, Kman said:

I was looking at IAG who are 60% down pre corona, the airline industry will recover eventually and Qatar bought 500 million in shares in Feb, they seem too big to fail?

Anything to do with the military industrial complex, specifically those that sell their wares to governments and militaries, and not civilians.  Have you known a single year without war since 1945?

6 minutes ago, Martlet said:

3 times more spent on healthcare than military, think about that. 

Cruise missiles cost more than hospitals, they tend to use more than one at a time, the same goes for smart bombs.....  And there are far more healthcare companies sharing that money than there are arms manufacturers that supply governments and militaries, and that's just in the U.K., when you add in the U.S. and every other country that lets you invest in the manufacuring of death, the number of companies involved in healthcare is astinomical.

5 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

lovely

I tried to be all ethical when I stared investing, and I lost 57% of that I invested overnigh almost and wrote off the rest.  I now exclusively invest in ''sin'', death, alcohol, the adult industries, and my portfolio has increased in value by over 30% this month, not bad considering just how many companies and industries are right up against the wall, laying off staff left, right and center, even going bankrupt.

46 minutes ago, Seth said:

Cruise missiles cost more than hospitals, they tend to use more than one at a time, the same goes for smart bombs.....  And there are far more healthcare companies sharing that money than there are arms manufacturers that supply governments and militaries, and that's just in the U.K., when you add in the U.S. and every other country that lets you invest in the manufacuring of death, the number of companies involved in healthcare is astinomical.

Is good point that defence is more consolidated. 

@Seth  What specific shares are you into pal. Maybe now you are on to winning ways with your portfolio, you might like to up grade to premium membership to help the site go forward. It will be greatly appreciated.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

6 hours ago, Kman said:

I bought some shares this morning for my ISA. Kier, Associated British Foods, Burberry, Barclays, JD Sports and Wetherspoons.  I’d forgotten about IAG, I’m going to get some tomorrow as the price looks cheap. 

I have oil in my trading account, Shell, Tullow and Premier oil all bought cheap but only Shell in is profit at the moment.  When oil gets back on track they should give me some nice profits. 

5 hours ago, Seth said:

I tried to be all ethical when I stared investing, and I lost 57% of that I invested overnigh almost and wrote off the rest.  I now exclusively invest in ''sin'', death, alcohol, the adult industries, and my portfolio has increased in value by over 30% this month, not bad considering just how many companies and industries are right up against the wall, laying off staff left, right and center, even going bankrupt.

I’ve stayed away from BAE types mainly as  when they do well some village in the Middle East isn’t.  What alcohol companies do you recommend? 

1 hour ago, RichmondStacker said:

I bought some shares this morning for my ISA

Thanks very interesting I will look into those

I wish I was more on the ball, Microsoft shares on the 23rd looked like a great bet

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Bit of a dumb question but I'm a noob, I made an etoro account 

Do I choose trade or order?

Then do I just put $1000 in and click buy and then that's it? I can sit on it for years and sell when the time comes? 

I will remove the take profit I assume that auto sells when you hit a certain amount?

etoro.thumb.png.0c0a861c0e97d5720ff4de51b539ae47.png

1 hour ago, Kman said:

Then do I just put $1000 in and click buy and then that's it? I can sit on it for years and sell when the time comes? 

I will remove the take profit I assume that auto sells when you hit a certain amount?

Kman i would take a look at freetrade. I have used for 2 months now. Really easy interface to use. And buying is commission free.

3 hours ago, Kman said:

I am also new and had the same question. Also using eToro, so far I can recommend it as it's also commission free for stocks (not using leverage).

I use order to control my purchase price.

Yes, take profile will sell if the stock hits that price. I have the same attitude as you, buy cheap and hold for years so I turn off take profit and stop loss.

Here is my profile:

https://www.etoro.com/people/giantjackc/portfolio

I feel like i'm too heavy in airlines and want to buy more future proof companies like google etc but I find those have not crashed anywhere near enough and the airlines are too cheap to ignore haha.

Have a buy order in for OXY but could be risky.

One thing to note is eToro is very pricey for some assets such as commodities. I only use it for stocks on 1x leverage so there's no fees (supposedly)

13 hours ago, JosephM said:

Kman i would take a look at freetrade. I have used for 2 months now. Really easy interface to use. And buying is commission free.

I signed up, does look easy but they seem to have a limited amount of shares you can actually buy? like they don't have IAG 

@Kman i think because they are still quite new they are rolling out more all the time and we can make suggestions. They have a roadmap online to if it helps. 

I have went more with the passive route of VUSA. Which is vanguards s&p 500 index tracker. Pays dividends quarterly.

2 hours ago, JosephM said:

@Kman i think because they are still quite new they are rolling out more all the time and we can make suggestions. They have a roadmap online to if it helps. 

I have went more with the passive route of VUSA. Which is vanguards s&p 500 index tracker. Pays dividends quarterly.

It's better than etoro in terms of no currency conversion fees, withdrawal fees etc but just a shame about not having all the stocks you might want

Maybe I will do a mix between them, just buy IAG and couple others on etoro and freetrade the rest 

for longer term(years) investment opportunities, the odds still favour

waiting for a better entry price in the coming weeks/months. so

there should still be time for more research into the platforms and

shares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAYo3BfrLG0

23:33 alex: I think people who are buying now are generally sucked into

a bear market rally.

HH

Archived