• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen's Beasts White Horse of Hanover

FoolzGold

2 hours ago, Modem21 said:

They need to change out the designer he has soo much to do and gets all the contracts. Philip Nathan should come back and finish this series off before they get soo boring Nathan was the designer behind the Britannia coins his original designs are being copied even now for this many years. I do like the chain mail in the background it does show a skill but the whole centrepiece needs to really stand alone and keep peeking our interest. And before any second series is on the cards something seriously has to change before I put my hand in my pocket, this said I’m going to complete this series  

Yeh the centrepiece, which is where your eyes are naturally drawn to when you first look at the coin, really needs to stand out more, scream at you even, it's too subdued, tame even.  The chain mail background has more of a visual impact than the cenrepiece.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DarkChameleon said:

September?, dang, the queen might be out by then.

I hope not, I'm by no means a fan of the royal family, but I think it would be great if she stayed on as queen until the day she dies, even if it's in name only and big ears takes over her day to day duties, she's extremely popular, not just in the U.K. and the Commonwealth, but also to the rest of the world too, she's truly a remarkable women, she's handled numerious problems and crises with diplomancy, dignity and grace.

5 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

oh no please don't ever suggest this to them. we will be doing well if they can complete this set without making a major ****-up. I hate to think what a second series would look like.

Camilla, for starters?

8 hours ago, GoodAsGold said:

Camilla, for starters?

After people complained that the Unicorn and the Horse already look too similar, you bring up the Duchess of Cornwall?

7 hours ago, daca said:

The horse expression is this : neeeiiiii, not the glue factory.

Maybe I just don't recognise good art or historical references, but it could be worse. It could be looking like it's been sniffing the glue.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Maybe the Sussex Royals will introduce a new follow-on series or get the Canadian Mint to release something for a fee ?

They could call it the D.I.N.O. series - Duches In Name Only, and still milk the whole dinosaur themed coins phase, or better yet the MeAgain series.

12 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Have the mintages on this series gone up, down or stayed the same? I’d hate to start a series only to be unable to get the last one etc

They look the same as last one , but almost sold out now unlike the previous lion

4 minutes ago, JonCL said:

Another insipid offering. I’ll buy the remaining coins in the set because I’ve already got the box. But the Royal Mint seriously needs to go and poach some ideas people and designers from Australia and Germany!

That's my plan, then it's nothing but Britannias for me while I'm based in the U.K., unless the Royal Mint release something else that I like/find interesting that has no CGT.

Archived