• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I like bars and bars!

ManifesGo

My name is Howard and I'm from a suburb near Seattle.
Yes, it rains constantly here so you don't want to visit or move here.
I'm looking to buy kilos coins and bars, I also like 10oz bars.
At the end of the day I of course want the good deals!

Ciao,

Howard

Moos   Wolfe Metals   mooswolfemetals  • Instagram photos and videos.png

• Founder & Administrator

Hello Howard, welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Hey Chris,

I've been looking around the site and I'm not seeing much in terms of items for sale in the US.
I know you have a premium section, but it appears that I can see those after they have been sold.
Event the # of premium sales look like they are few and far between in the US.
Am I not seeing the whole picture?

Best,

Howard

@ManifesGo, trade ads only become visible after 3 days for members. If you find you like the forum I’d recommend upgrading to one of the paid memberships and then you get to see sale ads as soon as they appear. I would also add that it may be a good idea to search other listings other than those in the US as the sellers may be happy to ship! Hope that helps. 

2 minutes ago, trp said:

Howard, welcome to the forum! That’s a nice looking bar. I like the shape. 

I recently came across these ‘scale’ bars. I believe the maker is based in Texas. 

C978A426-3330-4094-B077-6C6B0995C535.jpeg

Wow, these are very cool, I like the refined sophisticated look to them,

21 minutes ago, ManifesGo said:

Hey Chris,

I've been looking around the site and I'm not seeing much in terms of items for sale in the US.
I know you have a premium section, but it appears that I can see those after they have been sold.
Event the # of premium sales look like they are few and far between in the US.
Am I not seeing the whole picture?

Best,

Howard

Hi Howard, we have only just started actively advertising in the USA & Canada.

We are running several different incentives and promotions in the USA & Candada section to boost the activity, including silver for sale at spot:

And list an item for sale and win:

You can upgrade to Premium Membership if you would like, you would then be able to enter the Premium Member Prize Draws as well as have the other benefits of the package, but there would currently be no additional USA & Canada trade topics available by upgrading. However there may be a benefit in seeing the UK & Europe trade section topics 3 days early, some members there may be willing to ship items to the USA (In January there were 379 trade listings posted in the UK & Europe section)

Part of the Premium Membership purchase also goes directly into marketing the forum. 

Over 30% of traffic is from the USA alone, so there are a fair few members from the USA here, just not a huge amount of items for sale yet, however as traffic increases, more members register and more items are listed for sale, this area will become more busy. there are a couple of members who are actively listing items for sale, although they tend to go quickly, so best to follow the USA & Canada trade section to get notifications of when items are listed.

TSF is a great place to sell, as there is 0% commission to sell, and currently individual members can post unlimited trade listings for FREE. Will likely be a few years of unlimited listings also, as the trade section grows, after which point there will be a small limit with Premium Members continuing to be able to enjoy unlimited listings. 

We are also working on other promotions and incentives for the USA & Canada section, as well as having year full of prize draws :) 

I hope that helps to answer your questions, but should you have any more questions feel free to drop me a private message :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

P.S. If you have any ideas of possible incentives or promotions TSF could run to increase sales activity and listings, please send me a private message and we can explore those ideas :) 

Discounts / Offers

hi from south dakota. the forum is great for information but in the united states not much buying or selling. i talked to my CPA and she said the collecting of sales tax for sales in states like yours would be a mess and more work than it is worth. when i sell on ebay ebay collects the state sales tax for the seller and sends it to each state.. 

2 hours ago, blindguy said:

hi from south dakota. the forum is great for information but in the united states not much buying or selling. i talked to my CPA and she said the collecting of sales tax for sales in states like yours would be a mess and more work than it is worth. when i sell on ebay ebay collects the state sales tax for the seller and sends it to each state.. 

Thanks to the WAC 458-20-248 code, there is no precious metal tax in the state of Washington. Established in 1985, this code states that anything that qualifies as a precious metal, including bullion, is exempt from taxation. This law is quite broad, but basically it covers any gold or silver that has been or can be used as currency in the United States or in any other country. This means that coins such as the US Eagle, the silver and gold Maple Leaf and other popular bullion coins will not carry a tax.

This does not, however, include numismatic coins and other precious metal collectibles. In such cases the state’s sales tax will apply, which is currently 6.5%. This is the standard across the state, but in some regions there are additional amounts added to this, including 3% in Seattle and King’s County.

Added 0 minutes later...

I pay cash or use zelle so I don't pay tax or claim it, there is a stiff penalty for gains on your silver in the US!

See you CPA about that

Then I bought a 10 oz. Stacker and was initially meaning to buy more of them to stack on top of each other funnily enough haha. But the 10 oz stacker is the only silver I have not covered or vacpacked and has really got a lot of luster on it. I got it from a very well known and reputable dealer. And it's fine because it doesn't effect the value of the silver content. Just not as nice to look at. Although kind of cool in its own  way. 

Howard, Welcome aboard The Silver Forum! The US & Canada Buy, Trade, and Sell section is starting to get a little more traction thanks to the tremendous efforts of @Lr103 and generous support from @ChrisSilver! I admit that I am negligent in not selling more than I should be...I just like to hoard more than sell!!😆

• 2 weeks later...

Archived