• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 10,000+ forum members. 

BBC boss worried about scrapping of licence fee.

19 minutes ago, Xander said:

The only thing the Bolshevik Broadcasting Company will miss is the 3.5 £Billion they screw the public for each year. 

3.8 billion.

It's your choice to pay though. 

You can always watch Boris Johnson on YouTube, or he is even on snapchat....

Edited by Notafront4adragon

How exactly do you get away with not paying?

we use Netflix and Amazon Prime the most, hardly ever watch BBC, ITV or C4. but we do watch a lot of SKY - especially golf and soccer. 

but doesn’t watching SKY mean we watch ‘live tv’ and therefore mean we have to pay the license fee?

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

3 hours ago, Notafront4adragon said:

3.8 billion.

It's your choice to pay though. 

You can always watch Boris Johnson on YouTube, or he is even on snapchat....

It's my choice to watch television without the Bolshie Bully boys from the BBC coming to my door threatening me with court action. Ban the BBC license theft! 

The organization is a dinosaur. Time to go.

@Notafront4adragon

4 hours ago, Notafront4adragon said:

You don't have to watch it. Nor do you have to pay the licence fee. 

How exactly do you do that has the law changed in the last week or so. As far as I can gather you need a TV licence if you have a TV & watch any channel not just BBC but the licence fee goes only to the BBC.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

50 minutes ago, Roy said:

You'll miss Eastenders! 😋

Last time I watched EastEnders was in the early 80s & it was garbage then, but it was some mindless entertainment while eating my tea with my parents.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Good lord! Is it that old now?!

Technically, alcohol is a solution..

In Omnia Paratus

'Knowledge is a deadly friend If no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see Is in the hands of fools'.

40 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

@Notafront4adragon

How exactly do you do that has the law changed in the last week or so. As far as I can gather you need a TV licence if you have a TV & watch any channel not just BBC but the licence fee goes only to the BBC.

If you're not watching live broadcasts (any channel) or iplayer bbc stuff you don't need to have a tv licence.

ITV hub 4od netflix now TV Amazon YouTube etc, you don't need a tv licence 

Channel 4 and itv also get some of the licence fee for public viewing like the news.

Edited by Notafront4adragon
1 hour ago, Xander said:

It's my choice to watch television without the Bolshie Bully boys from the BBC coming to my door threatening me with court action. Ban the BBC license theft! 

The organization is a dinosaur. Time to go.

It's not your right to watch tv.

It's your choice what product to buy though, you don't like the product why use it?

2 hours ago, KitboyE17 said:

How exactly do you get away with not paying?

we use Netflix and Amazon Prime the most, hardly ever watch BBC, ITV or C4. but we do watch a lot of SKY - especially golf and soccer. 

but doesn’t watching SKY mean we watch ‘live tv’ and therefore mean we have to pay the license fee?

Yup sky is live broadcast. TV licence required. I think because sky can apply for some of the licence fee funding, so in order to watch it you gotta pay. 

ITV hub service and 4OD don't need a tv licence but if you watch their live broadcast stuff you need a licence, again because they provide public services such as the news and can get funding from the licence fee.

Every Capita TV license gestapo goon has had the same impartial & equally fair treatment.  A simple door in the face and zero verbal engagement.

With the advent of camera phones have a dummy phone next to the front and film.pretend to film them from the initial door opening, they now scuttle away like ants back under their rocks without the need for the door in the face anymore.

The BBC effectively operates an extortion racket targeted at every household in the UK. Their method of operation is very simple but has worked successfully in the UK for over 60 years. They rely solely on the inducement of fear. They use a company called Capita to send out threatening letters to UK addresses that do not have a TV Licence. These letters state that their records show that the address doesn't have a TV License and that failure to buy a TV License will result in a fine. If after several attempts this fails to worry the occupier into purchasing a TV License, they then send a "TV License Inspector" from their "Enforcement Team" to your address to scare you into compliance and/or to obtain information from you - such as your name and your admission that you are receiving live TV broadcasts on the premises. Once they have this, they can then threaten you with imminent court action.

If they fail to get any compliance from you at all, then they'll continue to send out threatening letters and a "TV License Inspector" will be sent out periodically to remind you of what could happen if you don't buy a TV License. Regardless of whether you have a TV, this will continue until you agree to pay up for a TV License. Once the occupier has paid up, the TV License Inspector receives their commission and the doorstep harassment and threatening letters stop for 12 months. After the 12 months has elapsed, the threatening letters and the doorstep harassment starts again.  Rinse and repeat

Capita's purpose is to simply extort money from as many households as they can on an annual basis by sending goons out to non-licenced addresses to harass the occupants. If you don't have a TV, they hope that by harassing you enough with threatening letters and home visits, you'll be coerced into buying a Licence just to stop the harassment. But of course, what's the point of having a TV licence if you don't have a TV? So of course you'll then buy a TV just to get your money's worth. And as long as you're watching TV, they can manage your perception of reality via the propaganda that pours out of it, especially from the BBC. So it's a win-win situation for them.

But you can turn the tables on them, legally and lawfully.

And finally, never be scared of these racketeers, as they prey on your fear. They have no rights whatsoever to enter your property and they will be trespassing if they continue to come to your door after you have removed their implied right of access. Even if they know that you have a TV, they cannot obtain a warrant to enter your home unless you have admitted that you are receiving live TV broadcasts and that you require a TV Licence. As long as you don't provide them with any information, there is nothing they can do.

Never reply to any letters that they send to you. Never provide them with your name or any other personal info, never admit to anything, and never allow them into your home.

Make sure you have a video camera ready to film them when they come to your door. This will enable you to capture evidence of any intimidation or threats that they might try to use.

Make sure you hand them a copy of a "Removal of Implied Right of Access" notice. This will mean that they will be committing a criminal offense of "aggravated trespass" if they come to your door again in the future. Also, print out a copy of a "Fee Schedule" and have it ready to hand to them when they come to your door. This schedule will outline how much you will be charging them each time you are harassed or inconvenienced by them. This schedule has legal standing so you will be able to invoice them each time they send you a letter or visit your home. 

Dump your TV it is a real WMD of this world - a Weapon Of Mass Distraction

49 minutes ago, Paul said:

And finally, never be scared of these racketeers, as they prey on your fear. They have no rights whatsoever to enter your property and they will be trespassing if they continue to come to your door after you have removed their implied right of access. Even if they know that you have a TV, they cannot obtain a warrant to enter your home unless you have admitted that you are receiving live TV broadcasts and that you require a TV Licence. As long as you don't provide them with any information, there is nothing they can do.

Nice post,It's best not to remove right of access etc as this gives them more ammo in the long run.Makes it look like you are hiding something,to which they will and can turn up with a court order and force their way in.

Then once inside they can start falsifying evidence with backup from the police.

1 hour ago, motorbikez said:

@Notafront4adragon  Right so if you are watching live you need one. Or should I say you have to have one unless you would like a fine.

Yup. 

I've personally never had a problem with them, every place I've lived I've simply filled in the form that says I don't need a licence because I don't watch live broadcasts or use iPlayer.

I believe once they asked if this was still the case and I confirmed it was, but that's the only time I've had any correspondence with the licensing. I've never had to go through the all the effort @Paul suggests.

I don't not pay for the licence because I think it's somehow wrong to impose it. It's a service and if you want to access it you should have to pay. Saying you wanna watch but not pay is wrong in my mind. I don't pay because I don't see the value and there's no single program or series that makes me want to pay for it. 

I’ve got to be honest I like the bbc.    Compared to other countries and even the adverts on other channels.    When they have something that is live on bbc and other channels like the football World Cup I’ll always watch the bbc.             
but then there’s bbc news, that is shocking and should go. 

13 hours ago, Paul said:
Every Capita TV license gestapo goon has had the same impartial & equally fair treatment.  A simple door in the face and zero verbal engagement.

With the advent of camera phones have a dummy phone next to the front and film.pretend to film them from the initial door opening, they now scuttle away like ants back under their rocks without the need for the door in the face anymore.

The BBC effectively operates an extortion racket targeted at every household in the UK. Their method of operation is very simple but has worked successfully in the UK for over 60 years. They rely solely on the inducement of fear. They use a company called Capita to send out threatening letters to UK addresses that do not have a TV Licence. These letters state that their records show that the address doesn't have a TV License and that failure to buy a TV License will result in a fine. If after several attempts this fails to worry the occupier into purchasing a TV License, they then send a "TV License Inspector" from their "Enforcement Team" to your address to scare you into compliance and/or to obtain information from you - such as your name and your admission that you are receiving live TV broadcasts on the premises. Once they have this, they can then threaten you with imminent court action.

If they fail to get any compliance from you at all, then they'll continue to send out threatening letters and a "TV License Inspector" will be sent out periodically to remind you of what could happen if you don't buy a TV License. Regardless of whether you have a TV, this will continue until you agree to pay up for a TV License. Once the occupier has paid up, the TV License Inspector receives their commission and the doorstep harassment and threatening letters stop for 12 months. After the 12 months has elapsed, the threatening letters and the doorstep harassment starts again.  Rinse and repeat

Capita's purpose is to simply extort money from as many households as they can on an annual basis by sending goons out to non-licenced addresses to harass the occupants. If you don't have a TV, they hope that by harassing you enough with threatening letters and home visits, you'll be coerced into buying a Licence just to stop the harassment. But of course, what's the point of having a TV licence if you don't have a TV? So of course you'll then buy a TV just to get your money's worth. And as long as you're watching TV, they can manage your perception of reality via the propaganda that pours out of it, especially from the BBC. So it's a win-win situation for them.

Never reply to any letters that they send to you. Never provide them with your name or any other personal info, never admit to anything, and never allow them into your home.

Make sure you have a video camera ready to film them when they come to your door. This will enable you to capture evidence of any intimidation or threats that they might try to use.

Make sure you hand them a copy of a "Removal of Implied Right of Access" notice. This will mean that they will be committing a criminal offense of "aggravated trespass" if they come to your door again in the future. Also, print out a copy of a "Fee Schedule" and have it ready to hand to them when they come to your door. This schedule will outline how much you will be charging them each time you are harassed or inconvenienced by them. This schedule has legal standing so you will be able to invoice them each time they send you a letter or visit your home. 

@Paul you really don't have to go through all this stress. There is a form which you can fill out online, or when they send a letter stating there's no licence, there's a section on there to send back. That form will state you do not use a tv to receive any live broadcasts. Send that back and job done. 

If you are watching live tv without a licence then that's a different matter. 

Also I'm not sure you're correct about aggravated trespass or being able to charge them for sending you a letter or knocking at your door. If anything that kind of attitude would most likely make your life harder.

21 hours ago, motorbikez said:

It's high time the BBC came into the real world & paid their way like the rest of us & a slimmed down leaner BBC might actually make programmes people would be prepared to pay for.

The funny thing is they produce content that is very commercially successful, exported around the world.  There is a proposition that they could fund through oversees distribution if they setup subscription properly.  They choose not to in order to preserve their current non-commercial status, which grants a lot of leeway to experiment.  Perhaps they are right to do so and it would impact the creativity if chasing commercial content too hard. 

18 hours ago, Paul said:

You do know that you can both legally  own a TV and not pay for a TV licence, and you can even save yourself all of the hassle that you posted about by simply filling out this form.

I believe it is valid for either 3 or 5 years and will stop those inbreds from Capita from sending you any mail, except for a confirmation letter stating that you have declared that you don't need a TV licence.  I've lived in the U.K. since the end of August 2015, I filled in the form the day I moved into my property, and these goons have not so much as sent me a letter yet alone sent an inspection officer round.  For what it's worth I dio think at the least not or refusing to pay for a TV licence should no longer be a criminal offence, and I do think that it's right that the TV licence be brought into question, not because of it's bias - everybody says it's biased those on the left complain it's pro right while those on the right complain it's pro left,  to me it should be done to force the BBC to up it's game, it wasn't so long ago that the BBC was considered by all to be the world's best news provider, hotels around the world used to brag and advertise that they provided their guests with access to the BBC, now it's been dumbed down so much as to make the lowest common denominator in society feel intelligent, gone are the days of indepth news analyses, current events programs that stopped and made you think, documentaries that where both mentally challenging and stimulating, it's all so called ''reality TV'' and reruns of programs that are older than me, and in some cases reruns of programs my parents watched as children - so these reruns have already been paid for many times over.

Here are some links that will provide you with the details on whether or not you need a TV licence, and how to watch stuff on the idiot box legally without a TV licence:

How to watch TV legally without a TV licence

Do I need a TV licence if I only watch Sky, Netflix, Amazon Prime, or streaming services?

The simple loopholes that mean you don't have to pay the TV licence fee

Do I need a TV licence?

For what it's worth watching Netflix does not require a TV licence however Amazon Prime now requires a TV licence - Amazon Prime has started to broadcast BBC and other British channels content live.

Edited by Seth

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use