• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 10,000+ forum members. 

Deputydog

Do.you look stupid with a shopping trolley

Hi, I suffer from a bad back and don't have a car so end up carrying shopping in a rucksack or bags.

Do people think that unless you are of an older generation a shopping trolley makes you look stupid.

Thanks

Deputydog

2 hours ago, Deputydog said:

I suffer from a bad back and don't have a car so end up carrying shopping in a rucksack or bags.

what, round inside the supermarket?

Happy to receive feedback on all my trades. If anyone wants feedback from me, just say the word.

With how I'm reading your question, do you mean one of these like in the image below?

Tbh mate who gives a f&ck what anyone thinks, if your back bothers you then use whatever you find most comfortable 

shopping.jpg.1e073bbc71ef9154cb4f4601faf02ee7.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

I don't know anything about stocks or investing

I see a lot of people using them now, plus they are doing more "funky" designs, I also see young people using them to carry lots at carboots. People probably use them at festivals too. 

Dont worry about it.

Save your back 100% wear & tear by just ordering home delivery, get some other chump to get your shopping for you. 

Avoid the traffic, traffic cameras, speed cameras, civil enfrocement officers, bashed car doors, beggars, chuggers, drunks, parking issues, parking charges, screaming kids, surly staff, & the great unwashed "general public"

32 minutes ago, Paul said:

Save your back 100% wear & tear by just ordering home delivery, get some other chump to get your shopping for you. 

Avoid the traffic, traffic cameras, speed cameras, civil enfrocement officers, bashed car doors, beggars, chuggers, drunks, parking issues, parking charges, screaming kids, surly staff, & the great unwashed "general public"

Look mate some of us don't have Una money to throw about on staff...

I work with the elderly and to be honest I see these things as an awkward pain in the arse. If you’re doing a lot of shopping they might not be the best thing for your back as you twist to use them and you’ll notice it with a decent amount of weight in there.

The wheels are generally terrible too and they don’t do well at speed, mainly cause they’re designed for little old ladies who can’t walk fast

A good backpack will spread the weight onto your hips. Look for hiking backpacks or army surplus, I used to them in the navy and believe me the can make a load feel like half the weight. you’ll also open yourself up to 100% less chance of ridicule

You can get rucksacks that are fitted with a telescopic handle and wheels. Our train drivers at work have them as they complain of back ache whilst lugging around their gear all day. They look pretty decent as it goes.

Funnily enough, my mother got something similar to this a couple of months ago, but she is 84.

She says it's brilliant, very stable and can easily be pulled up stairs.

1481055642_Annotation2020-02-16221617.jpg.c7fa27bb557ce26cf743d8dec207a0f7.jpg

Happy to receive feedback on all my trades. If anyone wants feedback from me, just say the word.

Got a great one for my mum from Lidl about 30 quid a while back. Four swivel wheels, well balanced, frozen food area, sick holder, best I could find and a decent price too. Drives well, far better than the standards ones shown above.

Stuff what people may think, it's your health, and no, I don't think you would look stupid. 

Posted (edited)

That depends, if it's just my usual daily shop for food for the dog - I feed him fresh meat everyday if it's not good enough and healthy enough for me then it's not good enought for my dog, then no.  If it's the morning after a night where I've been able to let my hair down and go out properly on the sauce, then maybe, but I persona;;y think I look fabulous in my silver 8 inch platform boots, neon pink hot pants, and fluorescent orange boob tube, especially after I've gone through all the effort of waxing my legs, dyeing my hair fluorescent green and putting on my makeup, even if it's 8am when I'm pushing a trolley around Tesco.

Edited by Seth

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use