• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Canadian Kraken - Creatures of the North

daca

2 minutes ago, artincoins said:

Oh there you go, not a properly size capsule.  That's too bad.

Schones Wochenende,

Michael

Thank you. Have a nice weekend too. Fortunately i can return it next week.

5 hours ago, PatrickGee said:

I bought a 10 oz Maple a week ago. The Queen has realy bad scatches on the face from rattling around in the capsule. I think i'll never buy stuff from the RCM again.IMG_20200515_220736026.thumb.jpg.553189776773e1e5d43665c07deb191e.jpg

That sucks 😕 sorry dude 

1 minute ago, RACKTHESTACK said:

What site did you get yours off of ? Can you link me ? 

Before you purchase...  please do inform me of the price as I'm super curious.  I'm about to get my 2nd round of stock of the Kraken's and I may be able to offer better value  🙂

Art in Coins

5050 Rue de Sorel Suite 110  Montreal QC H4P 1G5  Canada

Email:  sales@artincoins.com      Website: artincoins.com       Phone / Whatsapp: 15149707170 

Get the free Art in Coins Mobile App       Android     Apple 

11 minutes ago, artincoins said:

Before you purchase...  please do inform me of the price as I'm super curious.  I'm about to get my 2nd round of stock of the Kraken's and I may be able to offer better value  🙂

Where did you get your first batch of them? 

The entire Creatures of the North Series is actually a commission from a commercial broker in the US.  I'm partnered with them because they're also the exclusive distributors of PAMP Suisse products in N. America.

Art in Coins

Email:  sales@artincoins.com      Website: artincoins.com       Phone / Whatsapp: 15149707170 

2 minutes ago, artincoins said:

The entire Creatures of the North Series is actually a commission from a commercial broker in the US.  I'm partnered with them because they're also the exclusive distributors of PAMP Suisse products in N. America.

Gotcha 

41 minutes ago, RACKTHESTACK said:

Gotcha 

Where are you located in Washington?   I used to be an Eastside Seattle guy for many years...

Art in Coins

Isn't that also "nearly" a coincidence.  I have property just a bit south of you on Herron Island.  Being in Montreal, Quebec now I never get to enjoy it and I'll have to figure something out with that at some point but when I'm there, it's nothing but pure relaxation and tranquility.

I dig Gig Harbor too...  just the right size and amazingly picturesque.

Cheers,

Michael

Art in Coins

23 minutes ago, artincoins said:

Isn't that also "nearly" a coincidence.  I have property just a bit south of you on Herron Island.  Being in Montreal, Quebec now I never get to enjoy it and I'll have to figure something out with that at some point but when I'm there, it's nothing but pure relaxation and tranquility.

I dig Gig Harbor too...  just the right size and amazingly picturesque.

Cheers,

Michael

Thats awesome I love working on that island all the dear and stuff. They walk right up to you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone find out more on the Creatures of the North series? I'm interested in collecting this series.

Main questions are around the number of coins in the series and how long the series will run. Example: RCM issues 2 coins per year for 5 years for a total of 10 coins in the series OR RCM issues one coin per year over the next 4 years for a total of 4 coins in the series. 

17 hours ago, optical said:

Did anyone find out more on the Creatures of the North series? I'm interested in collecting this series.

Main questions are around the number of coins in the series and how long the series will run. Example: RCM issues 2 coins per year for 5 years for a total of 10 coins in the series OR RCM issues one coin per year over the next 4 years for a total of 4 coins in the series. 

Here's some feedback regarding the COTN series.  I posed your questions to one of the project managers...

Number of planned issues?   (is it 10 coins in total?) --- No, it won't be ten coins. We have three - five additional creatures that could work their way into the series. Some are more challenging to get through the ministerial approval process than others, so we won't know the exact number until we go through the process. 

Planned rate of issue?   1 new coin annually?  2 releases?  -- Originally we had planned 2 releases per year, but due to Covid-19, we weren't able to get the second one launched this year. We should have the next release coming out in Jan/Feb of 2021 and then perhaps a third around August/September, again depending on the ministerial approval process. 

Art in Coins

1 hour ago, paul1212 said:

Owners of the Kraken could be on to a winner if next year's coins turn out to be great designs.

Even with the current "no cap" mintage of the Kraken... I continually sell out of my mint orders.  It's certainly well received so far.

Art in Coins

On 05/06/2020 at 10:25, artincoins said:

Here's some feedback regarding the COTN series.  I posed your questions to one of the project managers...

Number of planned issues?   (is it 10 coins in total?) --- No, it won't be ten coins. We have three - five additional creatures that could work their way into the series. Some are more challenging to get through the ministerial approval process than others, so we won't know the exact number until we go through the process. 

Planned rate of issue?   1 new coin annually?  2 releases?  -- Originally we had planned 2 releases per year, but due to Covid-19, we weren't able to get the second one launched this year. We should have the next release coming out in Jan/Feb of 2021 and then perhaps a third around August/September, again depending on the ministerial approval process. 

Thanks for the info. I received a tube of Kraken coins earlier today. It's a beautiful coin. I look forward to the upcoming COTN coins. 

Just now, optical said:

Thanks for the info. I received a tube of Kraken coins earlier today. It's a beautiful coin. I look forward to the upcoming COTN coins. 

Curious to know the price per piece, if you don't mind sharing...  or PM me if you don't want to share publicly.

Art in Coins

1 minute ago, optical said:

Price per piece was $48.72 USD. 

Cool, thank you.  My prices are right in line then.  Have a great rest of the weekend.  

Art in Coins

I ordered two of these a couple of weeks ago, I was originally just going to buy Maples but I saw the design and knew I needed them.

On 08/02/2020 at 07:26, ZatStackz said:

I'm not a fan of the design.  The eyes look weird.

I prefer this 2 oz kraken.

The-Kracken-Common-Obverse-Final.jpg

I'd love to know where I could get a few of these, too.

• 10 months later...
On 05/06/2020 at 10:25, artincoins said:

Artcoins, I'm bringing back this old thread as there may be others looking for the same information. Last year it was mentioned there are other coins planned for the Creatures of the North series. The pandemic has since caused a lot of change in our world. I'm curious as to if there is still a planned release for additional coins in the upcoming future. 

Just now, optical said:

Artcoins, I'm bringing back this old thread as there may be others looking for the same information. Last year it was mentioned there are other coins planned for the Creatures of the North series. The pandemic has since caused a lot of change in our world. I'm curious as to if there is still a planned release for additional coins in the upcoming future. 

Greetings Optical.  Yes, there are still future issues planned in the series...   They've just been Coronavirus'd and seriously delayed at RCM.  According the project manager, they're hoping to get the next coin released around the Sept - Oct timeframe.   

Unfortunately they are keeping the next coin design a closely guarded secret so I can't share that information just now.  With regards to Krakens...   Despite there being no caps on mintage, it's not certain that they will run anymore in production.  They might have struck all they're going to for the first coin.

Kind regards,

Michael

Art in Coins