• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

how long have you been stacking?

blindguy

2 hours ago, DoubleEagle said:

Began collecting in 1965. My parents became aware the coins were no longer silver, so we started keeping any old silver coins found in circulation. And my mother got me one of those blue albums to collect Lincoln pennies.

Began stacking for weight after the Hunt brothers tried to corner the silver market, ca. 1980.

sounds like we are about the same age. jim

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still not 100% sure I would call myself a stacker. Have picked up around 100oz of silver and about 3oz of gold in the last couple of years.

Problem is I have a penchant for old pennies and a few other bits and bobs so whenever there is a spare few quid it's a toss up between bullion or something more numismatic.. depends on the mood.

In terms of investing I find better returns can be had on the markets - funds making 10 - 15% CAGR for example, but do appreciate bullion as a store of wealth and can see why folk would do it more 'full on' that I do. 

1 hour ago, Pottedbeef said:

I'm still not 100% sure I would call myself a stacker. Have picked up around 100oz of silver and about 3oz of gold in the last couple of years.

Problem is I have a penchant for old pennies and a few other bits and bobs so whenever there is a spare few quid it's a toss up between bullion or something more numismatic.. depends on the mood.

In terms of investing I find better returns can be had on the markets - funds making 10 - 15% CAGR for example, but do appreciate bullion as a store of wealth and can see why folk would do it more 'full on' that I do. 

So youre both a collector and a stacker if not i sure am :D Keep up the good work bro ;) 

On 03/02/2020 at 19:33, blindguy said:

i was wondering how long some of you have been stacking?  i started at age 7 so i have been stacking/collecting for 54 years.  How long have you been stacking? jim

6 years started at 20 years old ;) Btw i hope ill be still stacking at your age :D 

Been stacking 'proper' since October 2018. Nearly filled my Britannia silver :( monster box and have 4 runs of the QBs series, again all in silver :( Also have some random bits and pieces so at about 550 oz of silver, just over 2 oz of gold and 2x 1/10 platinum Britannia's. For every silver tube I buy I get 1 extra coin/round to add to my 'fondle' stack. I recommend all stackers do this although I'm sure most are already lol.

I find this more 'interesting' than cryptos (which I have some of) purely because I can actually fondle these :D 

On 03/02/2020 at 22:03, FunkyChicken said:

Since September last year. So far silver only (not sure how much exactly, but I think somewhere around 200 oz), however the first gold coin has been ordered (Dutch ducat), and I'm awaiting an email to pick it up.

Are you dutch? :D because i sure am and im after a Ducat no hurry tho i dont want to overspend and im looking for the real old ones 1700-1800 ;) 

5 hours ago, Dutchsilverstacker said:

Are you dutch? :D because i sure am and im after a Ducat no hurry tho i dont want to overspend and im looking for the real old ones 1700-1800 ;) 

Yep, I'm Dutch. 😊 En die van mij komt 'slechts' uit 2000. Vond ik gewoon een leuk jaartal, en er zit niet idioot veel premium op, dus het leek mij een mooie instapper in dat segment.

Succes met de zoektocht naar de hele oude dukaten. 👍 Mag ik vragen welke je allemaal al hebt?

4 hours ago, FunkyChicken said:

Yep, I'm Dutch. 😊 En die van mij komt 'slechts' uit 2000. Vond ik gewoon een leuk jaartal, en er zit niet idioot veel premium op, dus het leek mij een mooie instapper in dat segment.

Succes met de zoektocht naar de hele oude dukaten. 👍 Mag ik vragen welke je allemaal al hebt?

Qua goud heb ik vele jaren en landen maar van nederland alleen nog maar 10 en 5 guldens wilhelminas en willem 3 en nu wil ik wel eens een hele mooie echte oude dukaat😉😁 Als je het doet doe het dan goed hea😂😂

Archived