• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 8000+ forum members. 

Kman

Vitamins and mineral deficiencies

On 27/01/2020 at 06:49, Kman said:

My health personally wasn't the best in the past few years, had fatigue all the time, underweight, a general apathy towards life, irregular sleep pattern, bloated all the time 

It took meeting (my now ex) GF in 2018 that gave me the kick up the bum to want to feel better and have the energy to do things with her 

In November 2018 I finally went to the doctors, had a general type exam and blood test and it turned out my vitamin D was 14nmol, which is a severe deficiency

I've just had the results back from my first thriva test (very impressed with them BTW. Great communication and results ready in 24 hours from time of  posting - especially impressive in these covid times were living). I got checked for iron, b12, folate and vitamin D. All results were fine apart from vitamin D which was 32nmol/L. Not super deficient, but insufficient apparently. I've started on a 4000iu +k2 tablet, but may try the spray you recommend at some point! Hopefully I'm a bit less tired soon.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

vitamin D which was 32nmol/L. Not super deficient

That's very deficient, almost severely deficient

The NHS do it by ng/ml and under 10 is considered a severe deficiency, your result is 12, under 30 is considered a deficiency so you have 1/3 of a level that would be considered too low 

If you have a good stomach stick with the tablets but if you have any issues there I'd recommend the spray

I started to feel a difference within 10 days of taking supplement, but I was taking 6000iu per day the first two weeks in spray form, be interested to hear how you get on

Edited by Kman

13 minutes ago, Kman said:

That's very deficient, almost severely deficient

The NHS do it by ng/ml and under 10 is considered a severe deficiency, your result is 12, under 30 is considered a deficiency so you have 1/3 of a level that would be considered too low 

If you have a good stomach stick with the tablets but if you have any issues there I'd recommend the spray

I started to feel a difference within 10 days of taking supplement, but I was taking 6000iu per day the first two weeks in spray form, be interested to hear how you get on

I was just going from here for the reference ranges and 'insufficiency' label. https://www.gloshospitals.nhs.uk/our-services/services-we-offer/pathology/tests-and-investigations/25-hydroxyvitamin-d/

There are obviously a few different 'normal ranges' though depending on what country/institution have produced the ranges. Regardless though, it needs to be upped! I will keep the thread updated.

Did you have your Vit D tested again when you were feeling better? What level did you get up to with the spray?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

I was just going from here for the reference ranges and 'insufficiency' label. https://www.gloshospitals.nhs.uk/our-services/services-we-offer/pathology/tests-and-investigations/25-hydroxyvitamin-d/

There are obviously a few different 'normal ranges' though depending on what country/institution have produced the ranges. Regardless though, it needs to be upped! I will keep the thread updated.

Did you have your Vit D tested again when you were feeling better? What level did you get up to with the spray?

I got my levels checked after two months, I went from 14 nmol/l to 75 nmol/l

This was taking 6000iu for the first two weeks and then 3000 after 

But I was also doing the spray under my tongue instead of cheek and apparently cheek is much better absorbed so I've been doing that since

My levels as of last month are 152 nmol/l 

If you google "NHS vitamin D deficiency treatment" loads of PDFs for different areas come up, usually they say anything under 50 nmol/l is a deficiency and requires supplementation and anything under 30nmol is severe

The vitamin D council consider anything under 125 nmol/l insufficient though, so the NHS already has low standards and yours is low by theirs

Edited by Kman

On 26/03/2020 at 12:42, MrGeorge said:

@sovereignsteve Really cant be bothered going through them all, so probably alot quicker if you just name the ones you dont think are good for you and ill then explain why you are wrong.

My apologies for not being specific.

Let's start with these

On 26/03/2020 at 07:28, MrGeorge said:

he distilled water been on that for a few years now because it flushes inorganic  Properties out your system

Information on this would be appreciated.

On 26/03/2020 at 07:28, MrGeorge said:

bicarb soda, read the book sodium bicarbonate by dr mark sircus amazing highly recommend. Fast way to alkalise your body hopefully everyone knows about the bodys PH levels and how they work

As you will know the human body keeps it's pH within very tight boundaries for many reasons. I suppose I should find that book but if you could precis it, it would be useful for my enlightenment.

Thanks

Happy to receive feedback on all my trades. If anyone wants feedback from me, just say the word.

1 hour ago, MrGeorge said:

I was wondering what rubbish you were going to come back with,¬†out of that whole list you can only list pure water and about PH levels and what did you say OMG I couldn‚Äôt resist ūüėā¬†

So distilled is just pure water and there was a big push years ago I’m going to say the 60s but might be off a fair bit. Going off memory one of my neighbours who i sit and talk to regularly told me about distilled water. Hes a retired doctor but only did that for around 10 years before he walked away and ran a herbalist shop until he retired.

He gave me the book mans higher consciousness. I read this book years ago so I remember basically the main points but would need to read it again. Basically theres two types of minerals organic and inorganic the media when they did there campaign to scare people from drinking distilled water would say it leaches minerals out your body and it does but what they failed to say is it’s inorganic minerals it removes. A good example of inorganic minerals would be corn flakes easily tested with a magnet and it’s inorganic iron fillings. I drink distilled water because i believe water should be neutral not alkaline or acidic and i get my minerals from other sources. 

Onto the PH levels. They can range from extremely acidic to very alkaline in your urine or saliva, now your blood ph levels don’t vary much but im guessing by you saying they dont vary much in your reply you have no idea about ph levels. So i wont even bother to waste my time trying to explain. There’s numerous books and studies on this you can read yourself if you wish to.

OK I can see which way this is going, you're not prepared to engage in a civil manner to genuine interest. As you're such an expert I'm sure we all could have learned something.

"you have no idea about ph levels"  LOL you couldn't be more wrong. However, I have an open mind so I'll look up your Dr. Sircus and see what he has to say.

Happy to receive feedback on all my trades. If anyone wants feedback from me, just say the word.

15 minutes ago, MrGeorge said:

never once said i was an expert on anything

On 26/03/2020 at 12:42, MrGeorge said:

ill then explain why you are wrong.

you have no idea about ph levels. So i wont even bother to waste my time trying to explain

you seemed to assume you knew a lot more than meūüėČ

Anyway, I'll shut up, sorry to have bothered you.

18 minutes ago, MrGeorge said:

Well you did say “OMG i cant resist “ so what exactly cant you resist about pure water and bicarbonate soda ? Ive told you one flushes inorganic properties out your system and the other is great for for keeping your ph level alkaline. So please do tell me what you cant resist from saying ?

The water and pH was just to start. OK I'm sorry for the OMG as it seems to have riled you. The "I shouldn't venture" seemingly was correct, I must have known how it would go.

Let's end it there, we're clearly not going to achieve common ground. ATB with your health aims.

16 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

The water and pH was just to start. OK I'm sorry for the OMG as it seems to have riled you

I think you underestimate how sensitive people are about their health beliefs, I know you annoyed me¬†before ūüėõ¬†

Not so much because you didn't agree with what I was doing, just that it was said (in what I felt anyway) a condescending way without any further explanation on the topic 

Just to start. ūüėā right instead of just insinuating stuff why dont you actually prove me wrong. Go through the full list and please prove me wrong on each one¬†

I can't prove you wrong without seeing the basis for your beliefs. That's what I asked for. As I said, I have an open mind and am perfectly willing to look at all the evidence even if it appears to contradict my own.

Try reading my first post without the OMG and maybe we can go from thereūüėĀ

1 hour ago, Kman said:

I think you underestimate how sensitive people are about their health beliefs, I know you annoyed me¬†before ūüėõ¬†

Not so much because you didn't agree with what I was doing, just that it was said (in what I felt anyway) a condescending way without any further explanation on the topic 

Yes I know, I think I apologised for that. I guess I can be a little insensitive sometimes, it's one of my many faults, or so my wife tells me. I'm working on itūüėČ

5 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Yes I know, I think I apologised for that. I guess I can be a little insensitive sometimes, it's one of my many faults, or so my wife tells me. I'm working on itūüėČ

Yes sorry didn't mean to brow beat you, more brought up myself as to say I was being sensitive 

Posted (edited)

Ok I'll discuss in a reasonable fashion and overlook your continued verbals.

I started with the distilled water. I would like to know the rationale and evidence behind the theory as it seems crazy to me, a bit like homeopathy. If you would be so kind?

The issue around alkalising the body if not done with extreme care and in the right circumstances could be dangerous. We'll leave that one for now as you have provided some sources for me to look up. I'll come back when I have read them.

Edited by sovereignsteve

I make a smoothie with raw beetroot,  apple, and some greens (usually spinach or chard or even beetroot greens) 2 or 3 times a week.

I notice the boost on a bike run the day after a beetroot smoothieūüôā

An American Doctor Royal Lee dedicated his life to nutrition, this thread is worth his consideration. His material is the best iv ever came across. 

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. But if you want to continue as the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money and to control credit."

Sir Josiah Stamp, Director of the Bank of England

Decent offer here for 400 capsules of vitamin D 4000iU for 99p (instead of ~£16)

Enter your email and name and they email you a code to use on Amazon. Worked fine for me earlier (though the email went to my junk folder)

https://offers.nutravita.co.uk/7fxp8zbch

Proof:

20200602_172508.thumb.jpg.53a885125ce7baea44564bd9d89d4319.jpg

Edited by Bullionaire