• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Save in AU/AG, not in dollars

SilverGameOfThrones

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldnt agree more! For a while now I have changed my view on stacking PM's. Its not an investment but a divestment from the corrupt paper dollar scheme. Its funny that once again in history common folks are saving in real money, what was once common practice throughout history is cominig back. There seems to be a marketing campaign thats been running for the last fifty years or so to keep people away from Gold and silver and hooked on the dollar. I think the best thing we can do is teach our children what real money is. My son is 20 years old and his savings of silver has grown to over 500 ozt. PM's truly have a store of real value regardless of what TPTB would like people too think. Throughout history silver has been the "peoples money".

The dollar paper debt paradise game can go on and on  but we are here because we know that its all BIG FAT FAKE and its going to CRASH soon or late 

Its like blue and red pill from Matrix , - once u tried the RED pill and recognized which word is REAL u just cant go back to  the FAKE  MONEY WORD !

LOL

23 hours ago, SilverGameOfThrones said:

The dollar paper debt paradise game can go on and on  but we are here because we know that its all BIG FAT FAKE and its going to CRASH soon or late 

Its like blue and red pill from Matrix , - once u tried the RED pill and recognized which word is REAL u just cant go back to  the FAKE  MONEY WORD !

LOL

I’m not convinced by this. I stack silver as I enjoy the diversification it brings to my portfolio but I really don’t buy into this idea of pending economic collapse.

12 minutes ago, SilverPirate007 said:

I’m not convinced by this. I stack silver as I enjoy the diversification it brings to my portfolio but I really don’t buy into this idea of pending economic collapse.

I guess it's purely coincidental that gold price is rising at the rate it is.  Nothing to see here people, move along now.

Just now, goldking said:

I guess it's purely coincidental that gold price is rising at the rate it is.  Nothing to see here people, move along now.

Gold and silver prices fluctuate, they always have done. We may well be in a bull market now but that does not mean we are heading to an economic collapse. 

2 minutes ago, SilverPirate007 said:

Gold and silver prices fluctuate, they always have done. We may well be in a bull market now but that does not mean we are heading to an economic collapse. 

Yep, just your normal day to day fluctuations.  Got it.

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-price/3-year-gold-price/

Just now, BullionBuyer said:

All I know is that gold and silver is real money and has never gone to zero. It is accepted globally and retains its purchasing power over the long run.

Very true, but again that does not mean we are headed to some kind of economic collapse because the prices move one way or another.

2 minutes ago, SilverPirate007 said:

Very true, but again that does not mean we are headed to some kind of economic collapse because the prices move one way or another.

@SilverPirate007 My comments were not meant to suggest any sort of economic collapse.....just stating historical facts. It is not clear if in the event of an economic collapse what the role of gold and silver would be for the average person. Surely govts would want to keep precious metals out of the hands of the public so that they would have more control. Anyway, the average person on the street (in the UK anyway) does not understand precious metals and do not own any therefore even in a collapse they would not buy it. 

2 minutes ago, BullionBuyer said:

@SilverPirate007 My comments were not meant to suggest any sort of economic collapse.....just stating historical facts. It is not clear if in the event of an economic collapse what the role of gold and silver would be for the average person. Surely govts would want to keep precious metals out of the hands of the public so that they would have more control. Anyway, the average person on the street (in the UK anyway) does not understand precious metals and do not own any therefore even in a collapse they would not buy it. 

Totally agree, I guess this debate has been done a lot amongst PM investors.

Gold and Silver are priced as they are because there is a lot of other places where you can put fiat and get returns. People don't think about risk when they are greedy and environment seems bullish. They think about risks when panic starts and try to save their currency, but still i prefer to have world more less steady as it is than play 1929 scenario. 

Edit

IMHO gold should be about 5000$ per oz and silver 100$ per oz.

All paper money goes to zero at some point. I can't say when that will happen but only the historically illiterate or blindly confident believe the debt based credit economy/social welfare state is sustainable. It's not tenable in any conceivable way. I'm happy to be way ahead of the curve as to where the world will eventually be. I want my wealth to be prodigious relative to others and I want to be fully prepared for when that moment arrives. I've reached the point where the only reason I care about the nominal fiat price is because I'm buying. Otherwise once it's in my possession, I don't care what they say it's worth. I know it's a weight of metal, that's its worth and it's eternal.

And i reached the point where i hold fiat for 6 month of leaving if i lost my job 

Other savings are going into PM and i count my wealth in Gold and Silver ounces 

U said 99% of population dont know what are PM today so what ? We are lucky 1%   ! :)

When FOMO in PM starts u will see people JUMPING into PM like crazy - same way it was in 2009 !

Buying gold for $2,000 ?? no  way i better buy Silver for $50 and above hehe

See it happens in the next 2-3 years fellas , with economy collapse or without !

If we talk about portfolio my vision is the following

10-15% in Cash , 10-15% in PM , 10-15% in BTC , 10-15% in 401k ( see Market  ) and 40-60% in Real Estate and Renting to generate the cash flow  

I personally don't believe in Market today but ...  don't put all eggs into one  basket ! :)

BTC - Really!!!! I would have put perhaps 10% in Alternative Investment: Stamps, Watches, Wiskey, Numismatic Coins, Art, BTC (but only if you really understand how it works......which I don't).  I would also think about starting a business of some sort to help generate some cash and ensure that I had multiple income streams.

Archived