• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is it worth having a hallmark section on the forum?

MickB

Would a hallmark section on the forum be more beneficial for queries so any hallmarks on either gold or silver can be easily located? At the moment they could be posted under all three sections, gold, silver or general precious metals. 

In keeping them together it would then be easier to reference any hallmarks that have been identified. 

9 minutes ago, MickB said:

Would a hallmark section on the forum be more beneficial for queries so any hallmarks on either gold or silver can be easily located? At the moment they could be posted under all three sections, gold, silver or general precious metals. 

In keeping them together it would then be easier to reference any hallmarks that have been identified. 

Damn good idea @MickB as there are regular requests to identify "X" " Y" etc  - - Over to "HERO" @ChrisSIlver as to whether feasible! 

Also if it is adaptable to add "NEWLEY" found HMarks  - ie far east types and older type "germanic" etc!

Excellent addition to the holistic approach of TSF!!! - with respect to "PM's"

happy very good GIF by Monólogos sin Propina

• Founder & Administrator

Hi MickB,

Thank you for your suggestion. I didn't want to add another forum in the main forum "Precious Metals" section, as I feel the forum works better with a more simple, Silver, Gold, General Precious Metals forums.

Adding sub categories to these categories is also not very good as it looks messy with the sub category links, unless you set it up so that they are contained within each other but this would add an extra level of clicking for someone to get from the main page to the "Silver" or "Gold" forum etc. 

Another option is to make a pinned topic, however there is already too many pinned topics in a lot of the sections. 

What I could suggest, which wouldn't be good for search engine results related to hallmarks as it will be a closed section, but it is the only place I can currently see a new section making sense. Would be to add a "hallmarks" forum in the Premium Member Club, this would work as there are already dedicated topics there for other things such as Sovereigns and Pandas. There would be no requirement for members to post to this forum (as they would need Premium Membership to view) but it would allow a section were premium memebrs could post and discuss hallmarks should they wish.

Screenshot 2020-01-23 at 20.05.11.png

Do you think this would work for you?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Thanks for the reply ChrisSilver. I was thinking of the members who join to ask about a hallmark they are not sure of. It looks like they join the forum to ask one question so if it's in the premium member club it won't be available to them. Maybe have a pinned topic saying that for any hallmark topics, please upgrade membership. 

4 hours ago, MickB said:

Thanks for the reply ChrisSilver. I was thinking of the members who join to ask about a hallmark they are not sure of. It looks like they join the forum to ask one question so if it's in the premium member club it won't be available to them. Maybe have a pinned topic saying that for any hallmark topics, please upgrade membership. 

Yes quite right - but being behind "the curtain" PREMIUM members could PROMOTE upgrades to premium by letting Questioners know we have access to that kind of availability!

@ChrisSilver - I think if you were to put in place thats an excellent place to put it IMHO!

and

@MickB - I think its a brilliant suggestion - Because as the forum is CLEARLY growing - we are likely to get more and more questions along those lines!

Archived