• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where to buy Platinum without VAT.

StanTheMan

I wish to invest in platinum but on every website the bars are subject to 20% of vat. Is there any way to go round it? I am based in the UK, and I am happy to have the bar delivered or stored in the vault. 

Many thanks for all constructive advice.

1 hour ago, StanTheMan said:

I wish to invest in platinum but on every website the bars are subject to 20% of vat. Is there any way to go round it? I am based in the UK, and I am happy to have the bar delivered or stored in the vault. 

Many thanks for all constructive advice.

If you want to avoid VAT and physically store it yourself, then you'll have to buy Platinum coins in Continental Europe. Don't know how liquid they are to sell though.

eg: https://goldsilver.be/nl/236-platina?orderby=price&orderway=asc

If you are satisfied having it stored in a Swiss vault and only getting IOU with serial number, then you'll be able to do that with many bullion dealers. You'll be paying storage costs, but have higher liquidity. Bleyer Bullion eg is a UK dealer, also active on this forum, who offers this type of vault service.

My acquisition from EU mint, delivered, no VAT.

Set currency to Euro for the best price

https://www.europeanmint.com/platinum-bullion-coins/

If you buy from Baird and store the bars/coins with them you will not pay VAT (VAT will be owed only if you want to take  possession- this is true for many PM dealers with vaulting option)

https://www.bairdmint.com/platinum

@Oystonousted  you're welcome.

here are some discount codes

BYB50%OFF - discount code for shipping - 50% off, thx to @BackyardBullion

5EUR1OZPLATINUM - 5 euro discount

You'll only be able to use one of the codes at a time, not both

3 hours ago, StanTheMan said:

So this no VAT option is for purchasing silver only or includes platinum as well?

Or it "works" for platinum on the website, but as this is not silver I am gambling with customs clearence?

I've bought and got delivered platinum without VAT from EU mint.  Estonia has 0 VAT for PM and because the sales and delivery takes place there, no VAT is owed .

Read https://www.europeanmint.com/terms/ for understanding the full process.

Now that UK will leave the UE on the 31 you should  wait and see if there is a buffer period when the Article 34 of the EC-guideline 2006/112/EC  will remain active for UK or not, or buy and ask for delivery before the 31.01.2020  for what they have in stock (many of coins are on pre-sale, that means 3-4 weeks delay).

Archived