• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 10oz Silver Valiant Soon?

Garret

Just wondering if anyone had idea or theories as to when the next 10oz Valiant might be out?

I have some Christmas money to spend which is burning a hole in my pocket and I may be forced to buy a different 10oz if it's not soon (ideas welcome) 

I checked and it appears the first (2018) was quite late in the year and the (2019) a bit earlier in year

On 03/01/2020 at 15:53, TheBeast said:

https://www.bullionbypost.eu/silver-coins/royal-mint-valiant/2020-royal-mint-valiant-10oz-silver-coin/

Stock: Pre-order now, stock expected 01/2020

So maybe this month...

I looked at the page on Repayments site and there is not display of the upcoming coin. That indicates to me it maynot be as soon as we have hoped. 

I just got a email response from the Royal Mint on it was ready to be sold to the general public release dates for the two past 10 oz coins. 

" The 2018 Silver Valiant Ten-Ounce Silver Bullion Coin - 3rd September 2018

The 2019 Silver Valiant Ten-Ounce Silver Bullion Coin - 11th March 2019 " according to Royal Mints, Louise of the Bullion Customer Service Team.

If history indicates the future, we won't be seeing the 2020 10 oz Valiants til between March 2020 and September 2020 (maybe) at the worst?

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Stacker2020 said:

That looks exactly like the 2019. That might be a mock up and not an actual image of the coin. 

I hope that it is a mock up, even though I'm probally the only person who likes the 2019 better than the 2018, I do hope hat hey change the 2020 version of it so that it doesn't look like te 2019 Valliant with a different date on it, though I do hope that hey keep the ''10oz Fine Silve 2020'' on the inner circumference of the coin.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheBeast said:

i'm disappointed... 

It seems more and more likely that they just repeated the 2019 design indeed. I guess it will be same design every year now like the Canadian Magnificent Maple.

2018 10 oz, being unique now, will see an even bigger premium increase imo.

I don't expect them to even bother releasing the 1 oz version this year.

53 minutes ago, StevenDS said:

It seems more and more likely that they just repeated the 2019 design indeed. I guess it will be same design every year now like the Canadian Magnificent Maple.

2018 10 oz, being unique now, will see an even bigger premium increase imo.

I don't expect them to even bother releasing the 1 oz version this year.

Just ordered 2 more 2018's just in case...
I think it's a missed opportunity to make nice new serie, i think this serie needs to have new design every year to keep it intrested.

6 hours ago, TheBeast said:

Just ordered 2 more 2018's just in case...
I think it's a missed opportunity to make nice new serie, i think this serie needs to have new design every year to keep it intrested.

It's mad people have been buying sovereigns for hundreds of years 

Not much has changed in design.

I have a few myself...

On 07/02/2020 at 22:12, silverdocket said:

It's mad people have been buying sovereigns for hundreds of years 

Not much has changed in design.

I have a few myself...

Well that are coins with some history.

I think it’s strange that after the first year you change the design and after the second year it’s just the same.

i was expecting a new design. 🤔🤣

On 07/02/2020 at 16:00, AgCoyote said:

Monument Metals is selling a 10 ounce Royal Arms coin.

Ah I'm going to be skint over the next few months. I want this and the new valiant.. also thinking of the goose and kracken... There is also the next QBs too

1 hour ago, SilverGameOfThrones said:

I was also expecting a new design but  Its exactly the same coin as 2019 , the only 2018 design  is different so u are not missing much 🤔🤣

I know that I was the only person on this forum who said that they preferred the 2019 silver Valiant coin design over the 2018 design, but I have to say that I'm pretty underwhelmed by the 2020 design, I was hoping that they would change more of the design than just the date, if they are just going to change the date in the future and stick to the design that they changed it to in 2019 they may as well just call it the ''silver sovereign''.  Incidentally I know that the 2019 silver Valiant was/is available in both 1 ounce and 10 ounce, was the 2018 also available in 1 ounce, and will here also be a 1 ounce 2020 silver Valiant, or was the 1 ounce silver Valiant unique to 2019?

Pity they seem to have gotten lazy at the Royal Mint by just changing the year of the Valiant, can't say I'm getting tempted to purchase the 2020 version. Fingers crossed this sense of disappointment will be reflected in the sales, and that the Royal Mint will take the hint.

17 hours ago, fastlanwan said:

I was saddened to see no change in the 2020 when they could have done a series on the fight from start to finish not just the death blow. Total lack of imagination and or managerial support.

That's a great idea, but seeing how the first silver Valiant is the death blow, I don't see how they could turn it into a series on the fight, the death blow would surely be the last coin in the sries, and not the first.

On 19/02/2020 at 15:49, FunkyChicken said:

Pity they seem to have gotten lazy at the Royal Mint by just changing the year of the Valiant, can't say I'm getting tempted to purchase the 2020 version. Fingers crossed this sense of disappointment will be reflected in the sales, and that the Royal Mint will take the hint.

I just had a thoughtt, could they by any chance be the 2019 coins, just redated?  As in repurposed unsold 2019 coins that they can't find any dealers willing to take, hence the only change being the date?

2 hours ago, Seth said:

I just had a thoughtt, could they by any chance be the 2019 coins, just redated?  As in repurposed unsold 2019 coins that they can't find any dealers willing to take, hence the only change being the date?

Still a lazy move then, isn't it? If you have some unsold coins left that you'll have to remelt anyway, why not go for an entirely different design to keep the series interesting? 🤷‍♂️

Archived