• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Tuvalu 1 oz Silver Black Flag (The Royal Fortune)

BSquared

18 hours ago, ZatStackz said:

I signed up for text alert and never got a text :(

They have been doing this for years and they continue to do it because they can.  They are the largest distributor in the US and release exclusives like this coin.  I do not buy from Apmex unless I am forced to because of an exclusive that I really want.  In general their prices are much higher than other dealers.

I'd try to put some other kind of text alert on there, one you know will trigger soon, and see if it comes through.  I got the text and jumped on there to order right away.  All that said, I agree on pricing, these are literally almost the only coins I ever even try to look for on APMEX.  My first stop is usually providentmetals.com (which is now owned by JM Bullion), I usually also check sdbullion.com as well, and THEN I'll usually go to APMEX.  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very glad I got mine for less than £30. They are expensive bits of silver, but I still think the quality of coin is great and the designs are strong, people pay a lot for the big five series and other premium coins, I think the black flag will rate as highly as those eventually.

19 hours ago, g33x0r said:

I'd try to put some other kind of text alert on there, one you know will trigger soon, and see if it comes through.  I got the text and jumped on there to order right away.  All that said, I agree on pricing, these are literally almost the only coins I ever even try to look for on APMEX.  My first stop is usually providentmetals.com (which is now owned by JM Bullion), I usually also check sdbullion.com as well, and THEN I'll usually go to APMEX.  

I will agree that APMEX pricing is usually a bit than many of their competitors, but I will add that I've never been burned by them regarding the quality/condition of the coins they offer.  Can't same the same after dealing with some others, trying to save some bucks.  I still tend to shop around first, but many times end up back there,  because at least they have stock.  That's been a real challenge this year.

FWIW, it helps to occasionally check your APMEX club status.  You do know that they offer a number of discounts, quantity price breaks, accelerated shipping and price matching, depending on how many orders, etc. you've placed ?  

ps: my 5oz'r should show up this Saturday!  This release seems to have sold out even more quickly than the initial one last year.

So far I've had good luck with condition on the sites I've used (JM Bullion and Provident - both before and after the merger, and APMEX).  All that said, I'm still waiting on those silver @ spot deals to come back "in stock" lol.  I only ever got the JM Bullion one, still so many to exhaust.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new here so hello to you all. I am after the newly released 1 oz silver coin in the Black Flag series, The Royal Fortune. I have the Queen Anne's Revenge which is a lovely coin, but struggling to get my hands on the new Black Bart coin.

Does anyone know where I can get one that's in stock or wish to sell one to me?

Thanks!

KP

Thanks daca, appreciated. I assume then there is no UK based dealer that has these? To make this more economic I'd have to put my hand in my pocket and buy more silver from the EM to justify the postage costs  😃

6 minutes ago, KennyPowers said:

Thanks daca, appreciated. I assume then there is no UK based dealer that has these? To make this more economic I'd have to put my hand in my pocket and buy more silver from the EM to justify the postage costs  😃

see

4 minutes ago, Golddigger69 said:

The annoying part is your coin gets exposed on that peculiar channel....

If you are not here to help please refrain from spamming

14 minutes ago, Golddigger69 said:

Ever heard of freedom of speech? And its a fact that your purchases are getting exposed on that channel....

In the unboxing videos there is a tonne of silver, many pieces identical and it is impossible to trace a piece to a individual without knowing  the person details and order. 

Freedom of speech doesn't take precedent on attacking other members of this community.

6 minutes ago, Golddigger69 said:

Thats your opinion that one cannot be traced. I claim the opposite. 

The burden of proof is on you (you claim that is possible, bring hard proofs and I'll coincide if need be). Without proof you are just a spammer .

On 07/06/2020 at 22:09, KennyPowers said:

Hi,

I'm new here so hello to you all. I am after the newly released 1 oz silver coin in the Black Flag series, The Royal Fortune. I have the Queen Anne's Revenge which is a lovely coin, but struggling to get my hands on the new Black Bart coin.

Does anyone know where I can get one that's in stock or wish to sell one to me?

Thanks!

KP

Hi @Kenny merging your topic with this since it is for the same item.

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

fwiw I know some UK members with family in the states ordered a few as soon as went live on APMEX. So my bet is you'll see them in the forum over coming months and probably at a more reasonable price than dealers. I'm on the fence myself as to whether to continue the series. Beautiful coins but apmex exclusive..

3 hours ago, DonQuijones said:

fwiw I know some UK members with family in the states ordered a few as soon as went live on APMEX. So my bet is you'll see them in the forum over coming months and probably at a more reasonable price than dealers. I'm on the fence myself as to whether to continue the series. Beautiful coins but apmex exclusive..

Exactly this. Same thing happened with the Queen Anne's Revenge.

I'll be selling some my brother bought for me stateside when travel to America is a bit more normal. 

Gutted!

Been away from the forums due to other commitments and covid issues etc... completely missed the boat on this one 😭

The Queen Anne's Revenge was the coin that got me into silver stacking/collecting as well so i'm double annoyed at myself 😂. I'm pretty sure i signed up for the email alerts as i knew i would be busy but I must've just missed it or never received one.

I'll be putting a wanted post up in the buy/sell area shortly but if any of you lucky gits has one going spare for a decent price and feels pity for a stupid idiot like me then feel free to drop me a PM.

Archived