• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 10,000+ forum members. 

BSquared

2020 Tuvalu 1 oz Silver Black Flag (The Royal Fortune)

At the moment the Perth Mint who make these for APMEX are only manufacturing the 2020 Kangaroo 1oz Silver Bullion Coins.   I suspect it will be a few months before they start on anything else.

Posted (edited)

anybody in EU/UK ever bought from apmex? figure we'd have to wait until dealers this side of the pond get their orders in, or get our faces ripped off in shipping costs.

Edited by DonQuijones

9 hours ago, DonQuijones said:

anybody in EU/UK ever bought from apmex? figure we'd have to wait until dealers this side of the pond get their orders in, or get our faces ripped of in shipping costs.

From what I can remember, but anyone correct me if I'm wrong as I could be confused with another big American bullion dealer, Apmex doesn't do shipments outside of the US and Canada.

But yeah, if they do, then it'll surely come with shipping (and potential duty) costs insane enough to just wait until European dealers are offering them.

Posted (edited)

Live live live!  Both 5oz and 1oz I just ordered both.  Same pricing as before, small premium for 1oz, big premium for 5 oz.  

https://www.apmex.com/product/205578/2020-tuvalu-1-oz-silver-black-flag-the-royal-fortune?utm_source=TransactionalEmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alertmeavailable

Edited by g33x0r

Posted (edited)
On 07/05/2020 at 00:01, DonQuijones said:

anybody in EU/UK ever bought from apmex? figure we'd have to wait until dealers this side of the pond get their orders in, or get our faces ripped off in shipping costs.

Yes I have for the 1st release the Queen Anne's Anne's Revenge, yes I got screwed on import duty, yes I learnt my lesson. Don't do it.

Fortunately now have family in US so will just get them to buy them and when I'm allowed to travel again can pick them up.

Just bought some, I love this series.

Edited by Notafront4adragon

2 hours ago, Branman1986 said:

It's up!  Only $25!

they really hiked prices 3/4$ in a matter of hours... ruthlesssssss

At least the 5oz is still at 250.  Only shows they have 18 left in stock though, I remember last time the 5oz went up like every couple hours lol.  

I really hate Apmex's business practices and hate that I have to buy from them in these cases when they have an exclusive.  :angry:

2 hours ago, g33x0r said:

At least the 5oz is still at 250.  Only shows they have 18 left in stock though, I remember last time the 5oz went up like every couple hours lol.  

11 of those left in stock now, at 280 a pop...

Yikes, they must have sold a ton really quickly.  I was honestly pleasantly surprised at the $25-26 pricing at the start.  Didn't last long at all though.  I was happy to pick some 1oz and 5oz up.  They also limited purchases to 100 which I thought was pretty cool, but honestly it's not going to stop the hardcore flippers.

First post here. Been a small customer of Apmex for the last couple years. Noticed something today that others have posted about here. I received a text around 9:30 AM that the Tuvula Black Flag Royal Fortune coins were live. I immediately ordered 70 Mint Directs, 1 MS 70 PCGS Gold. Within 2 hours, the price for the MD's went up $3/coin (while Silver Spot/Futures stayed flat) and the gold coin shot up $120/coin (which still sold out within hours) from my buy price. What is that?!!

Secondly, when I purchased my 70 MD's, there was only like 60 coins left. 2 hours later, I check in and now there are over 450 MD's available. Seems pretty shady to me. Get suckers like me to think they are almost sold out, only to dilute the market with another 400 coins. 

I'm ecstatic I was able to snag some gold and a nice chunk of silver Mint Directs, but I'm going to have to seriously think about whether or not I'm going to continue doing business with Apmex. Very disappointing to learn of these practices today. Am I wrong? Is this common?

4 hours ago, RiccoSuave said:

First post here. Been a small customer of Apmex for the last couple years. Noticed something today that others have posted about here. I received a text around 9:30 AM that the Tuvula Black Flag Royal Fortune coins were live. I immediately ordered 70 Mint Directs, 1 MS 70 PCGS Gold. Within 2 hours, the price for the MD's went up $3/coin (while Silver Spot/Futures stayed flat) and the gold coin shot up $120/coin (which still sold out within hours) from my buy price. What is that?!!

Secondly, when I purchased my 70 MD's, there was only like 60 coins left. 2 hours later, I check in and now there are over 450 MD's available. Seems pretty shady to me. Get suckers like me to think they are almost sold out, only to dilute the market with another 400 coins. 

I'm ecstatic I was able to snag some gold and a nice chunk of silver Mint Directs, but I'm going to have to seriously think about whether or not I'm going to continue doing business with Apmex. Very disappointing to learn of these practices today. Am I wrong? Is this common?

Are you wrong?  Only you can decide that.  You're paying for special packaging but that's about it.   If you stop and think about it, there are as many as 15,000 "mint direct", 1 oz. coins available, so if the demand is there for a MD packaging, they'd be foolish to not try and satisfy that at about a 10% premium.  Can you recover this small premium (over the standard BU coin) down the road,  who knows.  American marketing at its best!

I do envy you the MS70 PCSG Gold coin for sure.  Only 100 gold made and I wonder how many actually made the MS70 grade,  not all of them, for certain.

Still, I find it to be an attractive coin series and plan to keep looking for future releases.  They certainly didn't stay around long, so others must feel the same.

4 hours ago, RiccoSuave said:

@BSquared I guess my point is this:

I bought 70 Mint Direct coins in the $28's. When the first batch all but sold out (or so we were all led to believe) within the first hour or so, APMEX added another 400-500 coins to the quantity and the price shot up $3/coin to the $31's. Ironically, those all but sold out too. Silver didn't go up during that time! Well, tonight, after APMEX added even more MD coins available for sale, the coins are now going for $35.28. And silver is currently down a fraction!

So from 10 AM this morning, to 10 PM at night, the quantities kept getting diluted with more coins while the cost per coin went up $7 per coin, while silver spot/futures actually went down for the day. I understand supply v demand and when there is high demand, one can command a premium. But jacking up the coins $7 in one day just smells of greed to me. Why not just list them all at the same time at a fair price? In my view, the answer is simple...they are not honest people and are greedy. You are welcome to disagree. 

You would think I would be happy I snagged 70 of these MD's in the $28's, especially since in a period of just hours, it's now selling for $35.28. Sure, I'll be honest...glad I got in early. Had I waited until tonight,  I would have had to spend another $490 ($2K vs. $2.5K) vs. this morning for the same quantity. 

In short, my issue is why does APMEX give the appearance that supplies are running very low...which causes FOMO...only to list hundreds more available...but for several dollars higher...within minutes of that count going to zero? It's all about the money! That's bull---- if you ask me. Is asking for a level playing field for everyone too much to ask? Obviously it is. I can't control what Apmex does...but I can take my business elsewhere...which is what I'm going to do.

Cheers.

Still 104 ounce ones (Europe) available at: https://www.muenzland.com/
29,99 euro each.

The 1 ounce version already sold out (in 20 minutes) at Auragentum (28,90 euro each). This site still has some 5 ounce coins available at: 298,50 euro....
https://auragentum.de/neuheiten/

I was lucky enough to buy some 1 ounce ones... Good luck for the rest!!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wouter06 said:

Still 104 ounce ones (Europe) available at: https://www.muenzland.com/
29,99 euro each.

The 1 ounce version already sold out (in 20 minutes) at Auragentum (28,90 euro each). This site still has some 5 ounce coins available at: 298,50 euro....
https://auragentum.de/neuheiten/

I was lucky enough to buy some 1 ounce ones... Good luck for the rest!!

Auragentum miraculously has the 1 ouncers again, I was able to place an order for some 1 oz Royal Fortunes (for 28,95 per piece) with them just ago. :) Which I'm glad about, as the shipping at Muenzland is just mental at 34,95...

Edited by FunkyChicken

1 minute ago, FunkyChicken said:

Auragentum miraculously has the 1 ouncers again, I was able to place an order for some 1 oz Royal Fortunes (for 28,95 per piece) with them just ago. :) Which I'm glad about, as the shipping at Muenzland is just mental at 34,95...

only seeing 2 in stock now, waiting for another miraculous restock so shipping is worthwhile

On 18/05/2020 at 15:04, RiccoSuave said:

I received a text around 9:30 AM that the Tuvula Black Flag Royal Fortune coins were live.

I signed up for text alert and never got a text :(

20 hours ago, RiccoSuave said:

In short, my issue is why does APMEX give the appearance that supplies are running very low...which causes FOMO...only to list hundreds more available...but for several dollars higher...within minutes of that count going to zero? It's all about the money! That's bull---- if you ask me. Is asking for a level playing field for everyone too much to ask? Obviously it is. I can't control what Apmex does...but I can take my business elsewhere...which is what I'm going to do.

Cheers.

They have been doing this for years and they continue to do it because they can.  They are the largest distributor in the US and release exclusives like this coin.  I do not buy from Apmex unless I am forced to because of an exclusive that I really want.  In general their prices are much higher than other dealers.

Posted (edited)
On 19/05/2020 at 14:05, DonQuijones said:

only seeing 2 in stock now, waiting for another miraculous restock so shipping is worthwhile

I think they have it limited per customer or order

I ordered 2 and I could order 2 more now....but  shipping makes it not worth it. Would like to get a roll though

Edited by flipstar

@ZatStackz Yes...and I'm now just discovering what they do. Wish I would have known about this manipulation earlier. It's sad and shameful in my view. Should be a fair price for everyone. But as you state correctly, they do it because "they can." 

BTW, those same 70 Mint Directs that I purchased in the $28's three days ago are now selling for $40.72. Good for me I guess.

Moreover, I'm already seeing the Gold MS 70 I purchased in the $2,500's going for $3300+ on the internet. But I have no intention of flipping these. Will sit on them for the next 15 years.

In short, FOR ANYONE BUYING AT APMEX, just know that if you don't get in on the first day...within hours of them going live on their site...you will pay much higher prices as the hours/days go by. Furthermore, pay ZERO attention to the quantity available as it's all a lie. They wait until the first 'batch' sells out, then dilute another 'batch' at higher prices until that sells out, then do it again and again. Be advised.