• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SilverPanFan

So, I won an auction on great collections today for a 1913-m sovereign greater MS63 by NGC and paid about $330 for it. Did I get a good deal and it a key date for the sovereign series? I’m really curious about the different sovereigns and their mints which produced them.

Sorry I think the 1913M is not a key date. Mintage that year was around 2.3 million coins.

DrakeSterling Numismatics have a 1913M PCGS MS63 for sale on their website for A$675 which is around US$450. So you paid a reasonable price at US$330.

See the link below to my coin dedicated YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32DEmDzkaZCBTBVTDiYr0A

6 hours ago, SilverPanFan said:

So, I won an auction on great collections today for a 1913-m sovereign greater MS63 by NGC and paid about $330 for it. Did I get a good deal and it a key date for the sovereign series? I’m really curious about the different sovereigns and their mints which produced them.

Well considering spot is about $345 you did really well for a graded sov. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

At current gold there is nothing wrong with 280quid for a graded George V at all in my opinion 👍

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

Hey, guys

I placed the bid at $330 for the MS63 1913-m sovereign graded by NGC but with the buyer’s fee, it ended up costing three hundred seventy one dollars and twenty five cents USD which is equal to two hundred eighty two pounds and  twenty four cents or two hundred eighty one pounds and eighty one cents for the ninety-nine percent on you on the forum from the UK.

p.s. The £282.24 and £281.82 I quoted are from two different sites I found, Google, and Yahoo! finance. 

18 hours ago, SilverPanFan said:

Hey, guys

I placed the bid at $330 for the MS63 1913-m sovereign graded by NGC but with the buyer’s fee, it ended up costing three hundred seventy one dollars and twenty five cents USD which is equal to two hundred eighty two pounds and  twenty four cents or two hundred eighty one pounds and eighty one cents for the ninety-nine percent on you on the forum from the UK.

p.s. The £282.24 and £281.82 I quoted are from two different sites I found, Google, and Yahoo! finance. 

It's a fairly common date but I don't think anything wrong with the price (at current gold)

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

Archived