• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Problems with notifications

Rat
Message added by ChrisSilver

All updates following this issue can be found in the following topic: 

Is anyone else experiencing issues with notifications?

I am no longer receiving notifications for new threads created in the UK & Europe trading section. I do not receive an email and I do not get a notification on the website. This seemed to stop working at the end of last week. I do still receive some notifications (e.g. when members I follow make a post).

Any ideas?

Wanted: 2006 1oz and 1/4 oz Gold Year of the Dog coins from the Perth Mint

• Founder & Administrator

@ilovesilverireallydo also PM'd me about this but I haven't got round to replying to his PM yet as I have not had the time.

In the meantime, please can you check if you are subscribed to the forum.

Screenshot 2019-11-28 at 15.56.17.png
Should look like this. Then please click on the "Change how the notification is sent"

Screenshot 2019-11-28 at 15.55.23.png
You need to go to the "New content for things I follow"

Please check that at least the inline notifications is enabled (opposite one from email) you can disable email if you like.

Please let me know if they are all enabled. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Ok thanks. I am currently away but this will be added to the list of stuff to do when I am back. It will be looked into and then fixed. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Have you noticed it on any other forums that you are following or only the trade forums?

Discounts / Offers

It only seems to be happening on the trade forum - I still get notifications for other members or forums I follow

I thought it was a bit quiet on the forum in these past few days. I don't see any notifications or any emails from the UK & Europe trade section I just get notifications from posts I follow it seems...

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain

Same here - raised separately myself.

I've got a person and a thread set to notify me and they're both working.  Does anyone else have an entire sub forum set to notify that is actually working?  It may be that that's broken rather than just this one sub forum.

I have emailed the forum software developer, however I suspect that as this is only happening in the trade forums that it could be caused by a 3rd party customisation. I have also just updated to the very latest software update that was only just launched, incase there was any known error that has been fixed in the latest version.

I will keep you updated. 

Discounts / Offers

• 2 weeks later...

Have disabled the part that we think is causing the issue.

Please can you let me know if notifications are now working, if they are it will confirm which part needs to be fixed. 

Discounts / Offers

OK thanks. Will look into it further. It is a 3rd party application or plugin that is causing it, just need to find which one and then it can be fixed. 

Discounts / Offers

3 hours ago, Miganto said:

I didn't get a notice from Arshimo's new threads - i'm subscribed to him, rather than the forum, but it was fine until the 3-day thingy was put on his forum.

I'm still getting notifications for threads i'm subscribed to.

@ChrisSIlver I have now encountered the same problem. No notifications from Arshimo2012. These were working a few days ago. 

Ok. We are looking into it.

Discounts / Offers

Issue has been correctly diagnosed and we have found which plugin it relates to. Awaiting to hear back from the author (developer) of this custom plugin to look into and then fix. All updates can be found in this topic here: 

If you need to reply in relating to this please use the topic linked above, as I will lock this message now in the forum questions forum.

Discounts / Offers

Archived