• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 10,000+ forum members. 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well if Britain disappeared i could call myself English and not hear calls of racist in the background.

Just having a rant to let off some steam after watching some politics interviews on the box  ... It is truly sad to have a proud nation of nice people brainwashed by the never ending independence

Posted Images

It's just pure fantasy by that loon Sturgeon, she like her predecessor the pervert & alleged rapist Salmond just want to go down in history as the one who wrecked the union at any cost & the cost will be big time to the Scottish nation. Cloud & cuckoo comes to mind

Edited by motorbikez

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Scotland is the perfect reference for anyone thinking social policy and spending more will solve all problems.  They have more budget, they control health, education social care and police, yet still have all the same problems found in the rest of the UK. 

SNP have cleverly convinced a large proportion that all those problems are due to rule from Westminster.  I almost want to let them on their way, just so we dont have to hear about how bad England are to them any more. 

Edited by Martlet

In principle I say let Scotland determine its own existence just as the UK wishes to do (well the majority) in regards to leaving the EU. 

The problem as I can see it;

If someone asked you if you wanted free University Degrees and Wales was going to pay for it, would you not take it? Same with prescriptions, they are Free and England are going to pay for it. Why wouldn't you? Leaving the Union means the UK, mainly the English will stop paying for everything twice. Sounds like a bad deal to me, if I was Scottish.  

Scotland would be independent now if they had asked the English, that is not just a nasty joke its the reality of polling. 

7 minutes ago, Xander said:

We already determined this,18 September 2014. It seems referendums in the UK are decided by the few, not the many. 

(Consequences) For the many not the few, but decided by the few for the many? Or there is the labour version;

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/conservative-councillor-apologises-for-yelling-for-the-many-not-the-jew-in-sussex-pub-row-with-a3814481.html

I would rather Scotland remain in the Union purely due to the shared history of the past 300 years. Being British means something other than a passport in my opinion but I get into trouble for saying things like that at work. If Scotland leaves the union then the reason for Britain disappears.

Well if Britain disappeared i could call myself English and not hear calls of racist in the background.

Big Brother says Test and Trace - What do you say?

Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself. COVID-19 is a cover story for collapsing the economy. 

All Lives Matter - don't let Leftists and Liberals convince you otherwise. 

30 minutes ago, Xander said:

We already determined this,18 September 2014. It seems referendum

No - they will keep calling a referendum until they get the answer they want. 

ūüí∑ ūüí∑¬†Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help ūüí∑ ūüí∑¬†

24 minutes ago, KDave said:

Being British means something other than a passport in my opinion

Totally agree, I know many people who have emigrated here and now consider themselves British, that's the beauty of our country, people who emigrate here can adopt British nationality. 

When I lived in Australia millions of migrants adopted Aussie nationality. Americans don' apologise for being American. I don't understand why you should get into trouble at work for this.

Too many people wallow in collective guilt nowadays.

Edited by Xander
36 minutes ago, sixgun said:

I do call myself English & don't give a s--t what anyone thinks that is what I am.

28 minutes ago, SendYourCoin2Me said:

I take you lads are all Scottish then, or do we know more about their affairs and lives than they do?  What an odd discussion to see here on the silver forum.

What is odd about discussing the Union made up of 4 countries including England, which is where I am from? :D

1 minute ago, KDave said:

What is odd about discussing the Union made up of 4 countries including England, which is where I am from? :D

Ah, but it all seemed to be about putting down the northerners, and especially the leader of their govt.  I didnt see much about the union.  If we are really subsidising scottish education and health services (which I dont actually believe) then why did all the british political class beg them to stay?  If they really are such an economic basket case, why would British politicians giving them billions?  They keep voting for the SNP anyway so its not like Labour or the Conservatives are losing votes?

Could it be their oil, and water, and electricity that we import that they want to keep hold of, fornthenwhole UK to benefit from?

1 minute ago, Cornishfarmer said:

To be honest I like the Union, but if they think they will be better independent let them.     They will be fu..,?ed.    It’s easy if you are Scottish or Welsh..... just blame Westminster...........  just let them go but the cash cow will be gone also

A UK vote would be interesting, but they dont need Britains permission to leave, just like the UK doesnt need EU permission to leave

4 minutes ago, SendYourCoin2Me said:

Ah, but it all seemed to be about putting down the northerners, and especially the leader of their govt.  I didnt see much about the union.  If we are really subsidising scottish education and health services (which I dont actually believe) then why did all the british political class beg them to stay?  If they really are such an economic basket case, why would British politicians giving them billions?  They keep voting for the SNP anyway so its not like Labour or the Conservatives are losing votes?

Could it be their oil, and water, and electricity that we import that they want to keep hold of, fornthenwhole UK to benefit from?

You really don't know much about us.

5 minutes ago, SendYourCoin2Me said:

Come on, Salmond was wittering on about Scottish oil when it was over $100 per barrel( to fund all his grandiose plans) which as soon as he opened his mouth started to fall. Fossil fuels are on there way out anyway & even if they weren't international oil companies are not going to be pissed about by some feckless government that thinks they can tax them to death. They will just shut down or mothball their operations & move to a part of the world that gives them a fairer deal.

So as has been said or implied Scotland will be better off within the union & can still blame Westminster for Sturgeons own f--k ups.

√ó
√ó

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use