• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

12 hours ago, Oldun said:

2oz gold just sold for $30,080 + 10% fee so $33,100 total. Seller got @$27,000 due to sellers fee.

A £500 gold Una went for $75,200 + 10% buyers fee so $82,500 all in. Seller got @$68,000 due to 10% sellers fee

@Frenchie Some new sales info for you 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2020 at 21:48, richatthecroft said:

I guess at the time it was the right decision to keep, given the information you had at the time- I would have done the same.  

I’m extremely surprised I’m getting one to be honest, when the lady rang back I thought she was going to say that I was getting a refund. 

It came back a 69 👍

Very pleased given my expectations were low. Looks like the marks I was worried about were either in the capsule or just blown straight off when NGC slabbed it 😄

IMG_6958.thumb.JPG.bd08a01169e57ff7783661f83a862b2b.JPGIMG_6967.thumb.JPG.6530566170064b8990b29ae6b3997400.JPG

Edited by Melon

1 minute ago, Melon said:

It came back a 69 😄 

Very pleased given my expectations were low. Looks like the marks I was worried about where either in the capsule or just blown straight off when NGC slabbed it 😄 

IMG_6958.thumb.JPG.bd08a01169e57ff7783661f83a862b2b.JPGIMG_6967.thumb.JPG.6530566170064b8990b29ae6b3997400.JPG

Great result! I’m very pleased there was a good outcome for you 😃 

Did you ask for conservation by NCS prior to grading?  

5 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Great result! I’m very pleased there was a good outcome for you 😃 

Did you ask for conservation by NCS prior to grading?  

Nope, no conservation. I read somewhere that they blow the coin with high pressured air before grading and slabbing, so my guess is that sorted it out 😊

Edited by Melon

1 hour ago, oldcoinsshop said:

Any news about the next coins issue of this series?

Pre pandemic the last I heard was that it was a yearly event and would be due in October 2020. I had an email response the other day about a few pending coins (James Bond 5oz and a couple of others) and they are suggesting they will have caught up on that backlog by the end of May. I would think October 2020 for the next issue would probably still be right. What the actual coin design will be remains a massive mystery. Unless there has been something in the gazette I’ve missed?

My own wish is for a 1821 style coin. The 1821 sixpence I have is right up there for me in terms of beautiful design.

On 29/03/2020 at 18:32, magpie79 said:

I’ve got two silvers , 1 royal mint , 1 coin connection

both now have spotting !!! Even with being in a airtight container with gel packs

First coin for me that I was going to flip, so pretty gutted !!!

Has any one Advice or suggestions on , conservations? Grading? What grade would it get ? Lost premiums? Effect on resale cost ? Or what to do with them Etc 

20% of the coins i have handled have had spotting so it seems very common.

Having got my coin back from grading and been super excited I'm now super scared it's going to milk spot. Having bought the coin hoping to keep it for ages I now can't decide whether to keep it or not?😟 What do you pro's think. It was my first real premium coin. Will people still want this.coin even if it begins to have issues?

Any advice would be very appreciated 😊 thanks

if you have no sentimental attachment to Una  - take your profits.  milk spotting can happen at any time in a silver coins life

park your profits towards a 1oz gold coin you can cuddle & fondle and leave under your pillow :)  gold can be under the sea for 500 years and wont have milk spots upon surface 

Edited by Paul

My mind has been made up for me, Cheers Paul .

15 minutes ago, Paul said:

if you have no sentimental attachment to Una  - take your profits.  milk spotting can happen at any time in a silver coins life

park your profits towards a 1oz gold coin you can cuddle & fondle and leave under your pillow :)  gold can be under the sea for 500 years and wont have milk spots upon surface 

1 minute ago, GrahamDiamond said:

What is the going rate for a PF 69 Silver Proof Una and the Lion Coinsters !!!!!!!!!!!

Last one on Ebay sold for £565 but some others more, that was an auction, maybe better sold BIN 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=una+and+the+lion+69&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Just now, Kman said:

Last one on Ebay sold for £565 but some others more, that was an auction, maybe better sold BIN 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=una+and+the+lion+69&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Cheer,s Coinster !!!!!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

What is the going rate for a PF 69 Silver Proof Una and the Lion Coinsters !!!!!!!!!!!

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/lots?search=una+lion  at traditional coin auction (none fleabay) it is around the same

coin cabinet taking submissions for their next sale (got an email from them a few days back)

'graded' youll be charged 9% (if i recall rightly) of hammer price  with no chance of charge back or scams you may get on flea bay 

Thanks guys, I have thought about selling and buying a shiny  Gold coin to replace it....something to keep me warm at night!

My luck was in big time I have a PF 70, I've not seen another for sale recently so struggling with a price? Hmmmmm?

Is coin cabinet better than eBay?