• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

With the power of this forum and a few thousand people behind it, if a thread was posted with the errors from coins supplied direct from the mint im sure the mint would buck up there ideas and increase QC

5 hours ago, richatthecroft said:

Una Update-

Just had a telephone call from the Royal Mint.  

I sent my Una back for exchange (see above coin) on the 31st January- heard nothing so called them up a day or so ago and call returned today: 

I am told that due to quality issues that my Una is 'being re-minted' (not sure this is a word) but regardless- I have been assured that I will at least be getting an Una and I will receive it at the 'end of April'.  

It'll be worth the wait. 

Good news! Hope your one in April arrives in perfect condition, if they're going as far as re-minting them then surely they'll pay better attention to QC this time 🙂

Bit annoyed I kept mine now. They told me on the phone it was unlikely I'd get a replacement and it would probably be a refund 😦 In for grading now, time will tell.

1 minute ago, Melon said:

Good news! Hope your one in April arrives in perfect condition, if they're going as far as re-minting them then surely they'll pay better attention to QC this time 🙂

Bit annoyed I kept mine now. They told me on the phone it was unlikely I'd get a replacement and it would probably be a refund 😦 In for grading now, time will tell.

What was wrong with yours? Mines in for grading too, but as far as my eyes could tell I seemed to be one of the lucky ones 🤞

1 minute ago, diesel said:

What was wrong with yours? Mines in for grading too, but as far as my eyes could tell I seemed to be one of the lucky ones 🤞

I think there was a mark above the eye and there were noticeable marks on the coin that may just have been dust but hard to say. 

Can't complain though, probably worth more than the price I paid regardless. 

Edited by Melon

Just now, Melon said:

I guess at the time it was the right decision to keep, given the information you had at the time- I would have done the same.  

I’m extremely surprised I’m getting one to be honest, when the lady rang back I thought she was going to say that I was getting a refund. 

Just now, richatthecroft said:

I guess at the time it was the right decision to keep, given the information you had at the time- I would have done the same.  

I’m extremely surprised I’m getting one to be honest, when the lady rang back I thought she was going to say that I was getting a refund. 

Ah well, I can always fall back on the 4 Ducat as my investment piece 😁 

Looking forward to the pics in April! 

Just now, Melon said:

Ah well, I can always fall back on the 4 Ducat as my investment piece 😁 

Looking forward to the pics in April! 

Ha! The classic 4 Ducat- great buy now 😀 £610- £620 at the dealers right now. 

I’ll post the pics. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Any gold Una & Lion's been spotted in the wild this few weeks? 

anyone seen any for sale or sold

This is the question I was asking to myself. Except the 2 Unas from the LCC and one from Apmex on ebay, not even one gold Una for sale on the horizon. Interesting...

The Silver Una's sales seem to slow down , but the prices  stay high (two sold a few days ago  one BIN 699€ and one graded PF68 sold around 500€)

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Thank you Paul, we will see how it performs in the present environment.

It seems that LCC has sold one of their 2 gold Unas (no sold listing on ebay, probably from their shop) -  "COA 225" remaining. 

I previously noticed that 2 Gold Unas were on sale in Japan, but it was in fact the "005" and this"225" (I don't see them anymore for sale)

"COA 223" from APMEX still on sale 

15 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

Thank you Paul, we will see how it performs in the present environment.

It seems that LCC has sold one of their 2 gold Unas (no sold listing on ebay, probably from their shop) -  "COA 225" remaining. 

I previously noticed that 2 Gold Unas were on sale in Japan, but it was in fact the "005" and this"225" (I don't see them anymore for sale)

"COA 223" from APMEX still on sale 

thanks for the info - i see ampex have lowered their list price a few thousand $ 

£24,000. It is £26,000 with zero bids and 4 days left now. Prefers bank transfer but accepts cc...I would be gobsmacked if anyone were to bid on this but I could and probably will be wrong....

Edited by Oldun

The last Gold Una from LCC (COA 225) seems to be sold now at 28860 £  (offer accepted) - (also not available anymore in their shop so it could be a real sale). Waiting for the feedback to confirm that.

13 hours ago, Oldun said:

£24,000. It is £26,000 with zero bids and 4 days left now. Prefers bank transfer but accepts cc...I would be gobsmacked if anyone were to bid on this but I could and probably will be wrong....

Interesting - I didn't think bank transfer was an option through eBay? I also notice his mobile number is in the listing. Sounds to be like it's an advertisement listing only, with intention to do business outside of eBay. 

52 minutes ago, Melon said:

Interesting - I didn't think bank transfer was an option through eBay? I also notice his mobile number is in the listing. Sounds to be like it's an advertisement listing only, with intention to do business outside of eBay. 

Sounds like it. Will be interesting to see if it sells. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Silver Una and The Lion  MS69 just sold for the equivalent of £788 before 8% seller’s fees. No fees for buyer.

Yikes! 😮

In relative terms (adjusted for RRP) that's the equivalent of £17.5k for a Gold Una. So if the Silver can consistently fetch that then they're attracting almost similar levels of premium. 

Total of 52 bids. That does not mean 52 bidders but 52 bids.

Also, you have to take into account the fact that the pound has tanked recently when doing the conversion.

Edited by Oldun

7 hours ago, Oldun said:

Silver Una and The Lion  MS69 just sold for the equivalent of £788 before 8% seller’s fees. No fees for buyer.

That seems about right to me. I wonder what an MS70 should be expected to achieve, perhaps in the region of £1,000. There seems to be a lot of MS69's...not that many 70s, but I haven't checked the population yet.

8 hours ago, Oldun said:

56 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

That seems about right to me. I wonder what an MS70 should be expected to achieve, perhaps in the region of £1,000. There seems to be a lot of MS69's...not that many 70s, but I haven't checked the population yet.

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/auctions/4-BOFH5/the-coin-cabinet-auction-15-0-buyer-premium?sort=high_estimate_desc&categories=4-BOFQW&limit=36

Coin Cabinet have a few graded silver ones in their latest sale (at the bottom of the link above) ending next Sunday

An MS70 already £850...eek !