• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

1 hour ago, daca said:

@Heliopolis

Marks from the catfight with Meghan Markle or signs of a stroke from when she watch p. Andrews interview.

Kidding aside,

You receive someone else return, this is common with low mintage items that are sold out.

This is so unprofessional specially that he insisted twice to get a perfect coin and gave them the remark that the last coin may be defective because the capsule wasn't closed well by them .What to do in this case ? The coin in the market is getting higher and higher, by asking for a refund I think they will only give back the paid  amount  which is a big loss .

Edited by Heliopolis
clarifying

5 hours ago, Heliopolis said:

Hello, my friend just received the replacement silver una and everything was looking okay .But when he is removing the coin fro the box , the capsule was open .there is some marks one the coin, some looks like dust form the box ,but other it isn't clear if it is dust or a defects on the Queen bust .Can you help us figured it out ? Thanks 

the 2 spots looks black due to light reflection in pic 3

14.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

what do you think he should do?

Unfortunately my personal belief is he should keep it. Not because it is a great example, but because he will not get another one at this price point. 

the RM knows this very well. 

if he sells it he will make more money than just asking for cash-back. 

so sell this piece, and buy yourself one of your preference... or keep this piece ... and try to be happy with it.

i know this sounds pretty awful and it is... but you won’t have another option... I think they will not make a new one who is perfect. Even if your entitled to it. 

1 minute ago, daca said:

@Heliopolis  Sadly I have to agree with @Bxlsteve you will not get a new perfect item.

What I don't understand is how this coin pass quality check.

If quality controls where that good and exceptional... there would only be PF70 and no need of slabbing and grading proof coins. 

unfortunatly... this is not the case... 

RM should have done a better quality check for the premium paid - £180.00/coin versus £30-35 PM content.

I know  there are other cost added, labor ......... etc, however the premium in this case is crazy .

Edited by daca

On 04/02/2020 at 19:11, Tn21 said:

Although you sold in the end, a deal was a deal and they buyer is 5k short. 

Not impressed at all with the buyer especially after assuring you no problems will arise. Whether he was genuine about this 'partner' (personally I think BS) only he will know. 

Still made good money but business is business and 5k is a lot of money. Glad you got the sale and shared this story. The lesson I have taken from here when selling anything would be to get a deposit in order to use as collateral. 

Nice guy and all - gets you no where.

It's cut throat out there and it's every man for themselves.

Congrats on the sale and also I like the fact the sale was international and a trip was made out of it. 

Can't see myself attending any of these Silver Forum meet ups then. Go anywhere near those doughnuts and lose 8 pints of blood.

On 04/02/2020 at 12:31, Paul said:

Finishing in next 14 hours, end 6am GMT of all random times if any fancies a follow

Currently at £18,100 with x23 bids and x96 active watches on it 

http://www.watchcount.com/mw2.php?bkw=gold+una+lion&bcat=0&bcts=&sfsb=Show+Me!&csbin=all&bslr=&bnp=&bxp=#serp

Last Coin Cabinet auction ended £27,000 for PF70 gaded

I wonder what this will end at tomorrow ??