• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

10 minutes ago, Heliopolis said:

Do you think it would be a good investment ?

I personally think so, because of the iconic nature of the design, and the low mintage. But nothing is guaranteed. Will depend on collector interest, and not really the price of silver. This is numismatic.

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

FYI Coin Connection is selling for £170 😀

Maybe but I never look at them. I was comparing the Mint prices as I was replying to a statement that specifically mentioned them.

Anyway, you have to pay postage with the CC and you don't get the cashback either😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

Maybe but I never look at them. I was comparing the Mint prices as I was replying to a statement that specifically mentioned them.

Anyway, you have to pay postage with the CC and you don't get the cashback either😉

I got mine from CC, it works out cheaper, especially if you add the discount code from Numistacker.

3 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I got mine from CC, it works out cheaper, especially if you add the discount code from Numistacker.

You sure?

2% discount + £8.50 postage from CC = £175.10

4% (at least) TCB from the Mint with no postage = £172.80

Just now, BrumChris said:

I think it could do well given the low mintage and the popularity of the design. I think most will just stay in people's collections. Just annoyed it wasn't released in the original 5 sov size.

Thanks Chris - i was thinking the same. History is there with the design.  225 mintage is very low. Once the ebay flippers are gone, five or ten years down the line.  I think most will be firmly ensconced in collections never to see the light of day 

Just the £2,000oz im trying to stomach - i could get in my credit card and 0.5% cashback so would only be £3980 makes it seem a little cheaper ! 

I still think the premium for 'proof' is too much. Unless the mintage figures are properly low, then as an investment you're going to struggle (IMHO). When you can get a two oz Lion for 60.00 at the moment, I think I would rather have three lions that one Una and Lion - if that makes sense. Much nicer to hold, much easier to sell, much more likely to continue going up in price. The Una is still at 80% reserved and the price could not be as high as you would want in the secondary market. I hope everyone who buys it does well though!!

Look at this cheeky so and so: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Mint-Una-and-the-Lion-2oz-Silver-Proof-5-Coin/372853667314?hash=item56cfcf75f2:g:QroAAOSw0Udd26JS

Wouldn't be the first time I was totally wrong!!!

I'm just catching up on all this

"The first coin in a brand-new series" so will this be a new series with classic designs? or them just changing the date of this design every year?

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

4 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Nicely presented though, you have to admire these ebay sellers. They must do ok out of it.

Just now, BrumChris said:

I think RM have updated the mintage? I thought the gold was 205 this morning (now 225) and silver from 2980 to 3000.

Limited presentation vs actual full mintage

I guess they plan to release some in a set

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

3 minutes ago, Kman said:

"The first coin in a brand-new series" so will this be a new series with classic designs? or them just changing the date of this design every year?

It is this "first in the series", that also makes me think the gold 2oz could be a good investment for future.  queens beasts early series, already carrying good premiums in  aftermarket

I like the design, I've said a few times on here I wish they would release old classic designs, I think I might have actually put that in a Royal Mint feedback form, maybe they listened 😎

This is my first pm purchase since the Vic celebration sovereign 

9 minutes ago, Kman said:

I'm just catching up on all this

I must confess I missed that bit.

Added 0 minutes later...
4 minutes ago, Paul said:

It is this "first in the series", that also makes me think the gold 2oz could be a good investment for future.  queens beasts early series, already carrying good premiums in  aftermarket

I may have to reconsider😉