• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

58 minutes ago, kimchi said:

The upsides to slabbing are just as you say :) The problem is slabs don't protect against milking, and imvho it's far too early to say if the RM have adequately dealt with this problem (if they have at all - has it even been addressed like the Canadian Mint?). They may well have done but kept it 'in house' (i.e. no public admission of previous poor quality). I very much hope this is the case :)

I don't think this one needs a themed label personally.  - the coin speaks for itself, as it should do. The less gimmicks the better imvho.

To be fair, almost all the milking I've come across or heard about were on bullion coins... I haven't yet heard of silver proof ones affected. I'd be interested to hear about it, if they indeed are.

5 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

To be fair, almost all the milking I've come across or heard about were on bullion coins... I haven't yet heard of silver proof ones affected. I'd be interested to hear about it, if they indeed are.

Very glad to hear that! :)

One thread on here you can look for is the first issue of the silver proof 1oz Krug (2017? - my memory is hazy there; I think a lot of us tried to forget about those as soon as possible lol, and I haven't had the 'guts' to look at my one since it went into storage).

I don't want to scaremonger either and there is stuff I have been told privately so won't post details on here, but even some sterling silver (which should NEVER spot) from the RM from about four/five years ago has been milked I am told. Serious collector coins, and the person who told me that stores stuff as well as anyone I know.

9 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Very glad to hear that! :)

One thread on here you can look for is the first issue of the silver proof 1oz Krug (2017? - my memory is hazy there; I think a lot of us tried to forget about those as soon as possible lol, and I haven't had the 'guts' to look at my one since it went into storage).

I don't want to scaremonger either and there is stuff I have been told privately so won't post details on here, but even some sterling silver (which should NEVER spot) from the RM from about four/five years ago has been milked I am told. Serious collector coins, and the person who told me that stores stuff as well as anyone I know.

If you think of it, at the end of the day... it could make clean, non-spotted proof coins more valuable and sought-after... because not all coins are affected by spotting. So, effectively it makes non-spotted coins scarcer and they should command a higher premium therefore.

5 hours ago, kimchi said:

silver proof 1oz Krug (2017? - my memory is hazy there; I think a lot of us tried to forget about those as soon as possible lol, and I haven't had the 'guts' to look at my one since it went into storage)

I've sold a couple of these recently and they were fine, no deterioration since they were stored (pcgs slabbed).

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

On 29/12/2019 at 10:04, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bfl/viewbids/254459172347?item=254459172347&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

another unique bidder of feedback 135 has put his hat in the ring

x5 unique/different bidders each offering higher than the list price of £15,000+ got Gold Una

Now at £15,950 with 123 watches on it

1.5 days left for auction to run 

That's regal stackers front man in this country selling that, I'm surprised regal isn't keeping it & getting it graded.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

24 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

That's regal stackers front man in this country selling that, I'm surprised regal isn't keeping it & getting it graded.

I dont much buying on eBay at all these days, just use it to view current prices sold for &  so not to familiar who is who for their user names like i used to be

5 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

An interesting watch Paul since you have one.:)

Yup - nice to see some benchmarks sales of roughly gauging out what the market sees the value of this coin at 

http://www.watchcount.com/mw2.php?bkw=gold+una+lion&bcat=0&bcts=&sfsb=Show+Me!&csbin=auc&bslr=&bnp=&bxp=#serp

x144 watches now on Gold Una on auction ending later today, still at £15,950 GBP since last update

It ends 10.10pm tonight GMT, if anyone will be watching the last few mins bidding to see where it ends

Coin Connection silver version is now listed at £300. There is one floating on ebay for £250 which is the cheapest I've been able to find with limited searching. 

Still a tiny little way to go to match the performance of the gold coin ( 😝 ) but positive for those who haven't grown emotionally attached to theirs and intend to flip later down the line. 

Very interesting to follow the Gold's updates. Can't believe how well it's done to date. 

One swallow doesn't make a summer😉

Added 0 minutes later...
5 hours ago, Paul said:

It ends 10.10pm tonight GMT, if anyone will be watching the last few mins bidding to see where it ends

of course, or I will if I remember😀

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

8 hours ago, Paul said:

Yup - nice to see some benchmarks sales of roughly gauging out what the market sees the value of this coin at 

http://www.watchcount.com/mw2.php?bkw=gold+una+lion&bcat=0&bcts=&sfsb=Show+Me!&csbin=auc&bslr=&bnp=&bxp=#serp

x144 watches now on Gold Una on auction ending later today, still at £15,950 GBP since last update

I see there's quite some hype surrounding this gold 2oz. So far I have only heard of xxxx price sale, but no confirmation/proof by anyone. When checking through eBay sold items that Londoncoincompany had sold one at £10k but took that with a pinch of salt considering they are ludicrous at the best of times, then a week or so later I checked again and it wasn't in the sold listings. 

I was watching a numistacker video last week (he's made quite a few on this coin for some reason) could have been 2 weeks ago where he mentioned a sold figure of 10k but again there was no evidence of that, if these have sold in these price brackets, and people know, why are they so shy to link them? 

Today Numi did another video mentioning one at £15k, (the eBay one mentioned in this thread) but given the fact that regal is on here and also numistacker and they clearly know each other, but no mention from numi that it was an acquaintance from TSF, the possibility of it to do better could have been there.

I'm sitting on the fence right now that the Gold Una is actually selling for these crazy prices unless someone has a link to actual sales (eBay with feedback) or elsewhere. I think there could be eBay bidders doing some fun and games due to the prices, making bids and not paying, that's what I think might have happened to the one from Londoncoins

So does anyone have an actual link to a genuine sale at 5 figures?

11 minutes ago, Gibby said:

So does anyone have an actual link to a genuine sale at 5 figures?

From what I can see there's one that sold on the 26th December for £18,000

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=una+and+the+lion+proof&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Edited by goldmember44

1 minute ago, motorbikez said:

@goldmember44  That's not conclusive pal there has been no feedback left by either seller or buyer.

It's only been a few days ago, if genuine probably on its way being delivered? I don't know. I'm just showing what is currently on eBay, I have no idea whether it's legit or not, I'm no eBay expert.

1 minute ago, goldmember44 said:

It's only been a few days ago, if genuine probably on its way being delivered? I don't know. I'm just showing what is currently on eBay, I have no idea whether it's legit or not, I'm no eBay expert.

Yeah you are probably right feedback may show or not next week.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.