• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

13 hours ago, BrumChris said:

If the prices stated are being actually achieved then in my view its seems like hype. I can understand a doubling in price but those are crazy. That said it only takes a few bankers with a bonus to drive prices given the low mintage.

Among the very, very rich there are a fair few number who would only consider buying certain things (artworks, jewellery and suchlike) at astronomical prices. The 'most immediately expensive, exclusive and desirable coin ever!' is not a bad pressie for the difficult to buy for Sheik or suchlike.

I saw it on a smaller scale, last year my sister suddenly wanted and had to have a Snowman because they were so hyped/successful!

Edited by kimchi

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Una-and-the-Lion-2019-UK-2oz-Gold-Proof-Coin-Limited-Edition-225-Very-Rare/254459172347?hash=item3b3ef2d5fb:g:FpkAAOSwd1dd6fFN

The first UK traditional auction of a Gold Una - currently on £15,100 with 7 days to go 

.....hhhmmmmm .......time to buy some popcorn and enjoy the next week seeing what the free market think its worth

Merry Christmas - whoop whoop !

So from the past month since launch we can confirm these verified gold Una sales

Numistacker confirming re-sale of £11- £12k

GovMint in USA selling x3 at £21k to US market

Coinconnection confirming £12k sale on behalf of client 

LondonCoinCompany sale via eBay via best offer, to be confirmed as genuine as buyer had low feedback

plus several listed to ebay for higher than prices above hoping to get a nibble & bite

For £4k paid, at least tripling your money so quick is great 

Do anyone think grading would add any added desirability or could be potentially negative ?

4 hours ago, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Una-and-the-Lion-2019-UK-2oz-Gold-Proof-Coin-Limited-Edition-225-Very-Rare/254459172347?hash=item3b3ef2d5fb:g:FpkAAOSwd1dd6fFN

The first UK traditional auction of a Gold Una - currently on £15,100 with 7 days to go 

.....hhhmmmmm .......time to buy some popcorn and enjoy the next week seeing what the free market think its worth

Merry Christmas - whoop whoop !

Takes a brave individual to put a £15k+ bid on a coin auction that only uses stock images! 😮 

Edited by Melon

6 minutes ago, Melon said:

Takes a brave individual to put a £15k+ bid on a coin auction that only uses stock images! 😮 

that is very true @Melon always normally a red flag, if the photos dont show actual ownership of the coin (ie seller ID or current date shown)

in the sellers favour, they do have record of previous precious metals sales on their feedback, and a good few positive feedback for PM sales over £1,000+ to

9 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

My gold UNA arrives tomorrow... Looking forward to getting a video done before Christmas on this one. 

A nice very special Christmas gift to yourself Russell - you will be truly wowed.

Gold just used to be gold to me, until Gold Una arrived last month and changed me

I hope it hasn't change me from a stacker into a collector :( 

Edited by Paul

8 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

My gold UNA arrives tomorrow... Looking forward to getting a video done before Christmas on this one. 

Awesome, a Christmas miracle! 😄

Look forward to the video. Will you get it graded? 

1 minute ago, Paul said:

A nice very special Christmas gift to yourself Russell - you will be truly wowed.

Good just used to be gold to me, until Una arrived last month and changed me

I hope it hasn't change me from a stacker into a collector :( 

Well given your enviable track record from your collectable coin purchases to date, please do let me know if you decide to pick up any others as I may have to copy you 😆 

4 minutes ago, Melon said:

Well given your enviable track record from your collectable coin purchases to date, please do let me know if you decide to pick up any others as I may have to copy you 😆 

:) thank you - if a gold "gothic crown" with the same mintage, weight & deep details comes out in the series 

My gut feels this will be a winner for the long term 

The next coin in the Great Engravers series will be very interesting in 2020

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

:) thank you - if a gold "gothic crown" with the same mintage, weight & deep details comes out in the series 

My gut feels this will be a winner for the long term 

The next coin in the Great Engravers series will be very interesting in 2020

A Gothic Crown would be great but I assume it will be a different engraver for the next coin. 

1 hour ago, Numistacker said:

Apologies for dragging the tone of the thread down but weel played. Hope she is a perfect or near perfect goodun !

28 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

So what do people think will be next?

Thinking they will up the mintage to 500 whatever it is 

I hope they dont mess around with the numbers 225 was low enough for me to see it as a genuine rarity & limited appeal.

Had it been higher 500 or 1000 i dont think i would have taken the plunge personally

Will see whar RM do - we all know they will do anything that will increase their bottom line £££ 

I am just looking back on Royal Mint web site and it looks like the 1kg coin may have been become available again. 

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/una-and-the-lion/

It wasn't there a few days, it just showed the sold out 2oz gold and 2oz silver only, i am 99% sure 

https://agaunews.com/dipping-into-its-rich-past-the-royal-mint-resurrects-the-classic-una-and-the-lion-for-stunning-new-coin/

Showed the RRP list price of the 1kg gold Una as £59,995

I huge price, but would it be a huge leap of faith, gamble & trusts in the market factors to take the plunge on this for the long term given its mintage of only a dozen / 12 

Pocket change to a oil shiek, wallstreet banker or billionaire

£37,850 is the price of a bog standard 1kg gold bar at the moment

So it would be a +£22,145 premium over a 1kg gold bar standard bar it would be for Una 

Couldn't any coming to market ever again with just a mintage of 12

Dont know if anyone here has sufficient funds to try/risk it