• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

3 hours ago, Melon said:

Got the silver one from RM just now. Finally! 😁

£170 with the discount. Think it was the only one as back out of stock. Shows it’s worth checking daily though. 

Now I’ve got to decide what I bought this random silver coin for, I blame the silver forum!! 😂

Loitering on the RM site paid off! I think I'll stick mine in the display cabinet so I can enjoy it. If it gets nicked my insurance will cover getting a new one, unlike the gold.... 

4 hours ago, silverdocket said:

I always said I never get into premium proof..

Looks like that's gone out the window. 

Haha same here. I hope it’s not the start of a slippery slope 😂

2 hours ago, BrumChris said:

Loitering on the RM site paid off! I think I'll stick mine in the display cabinet so I can enjoy it. If it gets nicked my insurance will cover getting a new one, unlike the gold.... 

Nice. I wonder if it’s finally gone for good, I notice it’s changed to “no longer available” rather than “sold out” now, like the gold.

Has me sightly nervous as I’ve just realised my confirmation email says “subject to availability” 🤐 

4 minutes ago, Melon said:

Haha same here. I hope it’s not the start of a slippery slope 😂

Nice. I wonder if it’s finally gone for good, I notice it’s changed to “no longer available” rather than “sold out” now, like the gold.

Has me sightly nervous as I’ve just realised my confirmation email says “subject to availability” 🤐 

I’ve noticed it’s been ‘Sold Out’ for weeks but a banner stating ‘last few available’ perpetually there excepting when it’s back in stock!- not sure what’s going on with this one.  I bought mine over the phone on the 5th December- a few days after it was ‘no longer available’  no despatch as yet. 

My experience of the ‘subject to availability’ is that it’ll be all good 😉

21593FB2-41FD-4D1F-BA0F-3D729F7B2593.png

14 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I’ve noticed it’s been ‘Sold Out’ for weeks but a banner stating ‘last few available’ perpetually there excepting when it’s back in stock!- not sure what’s going on with this one.  I bought mine over the phone on the 5th December- a few days after it was ‘no longer available’  no despatch as yet. 

I'm on a very special list in a filing cabinet so I've been told.... lol 😂 

25 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Oh interesting, that’s changed back again now. Earlier today the banner changed to this which I thought meant they might be gone for good;

92DF131C-A2A5-4744-877D-7F515BA37635.thumb.jpeg.16734d1f408d0ccba3037bce4147f3aa.jpeg

20 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Seems like the RM just can’t decide what it’s status is! 

Haha they really can’t make their mind up! Since I posted that it’s now lost the banner entirely and gone back to “no longer available” 🤷‍♂️

They’ve probably still got thousands in stock 🤣

BC401360-F7A2-4AD7-AD66-7D933DD4CB49.thumb.jpeg.26cbcdc01ad1e67105b335e8d59f1647.jpeg

1 hour ago, ShaolinStacker said:

Anyone else get a delayed shipment till after Christmas today on the 2 oz gold? 

If the Mint are holding back on shipping i would say that is a good idea - unrelated to coins i send stuff in the mail - courier systems and i am seeing more than usual delays and tracked items just going missing. 

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

On 19/12/2019 at 21:48, sixgun said:

If the Mint are holding back on shipping i would say that is a good idea - unrelated to coins i send stuff in the mail - courier systems and i am seeing more than usual delays and tracked items just going missing. 

Probably right... but dont think I'll get a good night sleep till I have it in hand lol

Edited by ShaolinStacker

6 hours ago, AurumArgenti said:

Not to people who can afford such luxury's. It's peanuts to some folks.

Yes, I do know that but I aint one of them. And I suspect most here aren’t either. Are you ? Either way, my original point was that it is a lot of money to have locked away in something.

Edited by Oldun

21 hours ago, *tada* said:

GovMint released the special packaging version (NGC PF70 FR) of the 2oz una and lion gold proof today, I was told they have 5 and each would cost $25,000. 

The crazy things is, all was sold out in 1min

@TheCoinConnection did have a new one for 20000£ for sale 2 days ago, and it seems to be sold too. The first customer who sold at 12000£ will have some regrets maybe !  (even if this was already a nice short term profit !) I am curious to know where these prices will go in the years to come.
It has definitely an historic appeal behind it and thinking that the original was struck at around 400 ex ...and this one, even in its modern form, at only 225ex,  is the only one having been struck with the "original" (and digitalized)  die. Will it be considered as a reproduction in the future or a continuance of the "first" Una ?

Of course only a small number has been shipped by the RM, but the soaring prices that we see at these levels, after such a short time,  don't make me think of a hype and greed, but more of this historic continuance. Who can buy this coin at 20000£ if not hard collectors with deep pockets

Time will tell !

Edited by Frenchie

1 hour ago, Paul said:

i found this on eBay.com Alderney issue £5 2019 Una & Lion issue - they are sprouting up all over ! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Alderney-UK-5-Pounds-1-17-Gold-PCGS-PR70DCAM-Una-and-The-Lion-Mintage-400/223792604424?hash=item341b142508:g:-Z0AAOSwncJd9BoW

$9,9999 / £7,659 GBP

IMG_7436.JPG

IMG_7437.JPG

Yes, people seem to have missed that release. The sovereign version is still available. I believe it was struck by RM just like the East India Company. 

If the prices stated are being actually achieved then in my view its seems like hype. I can understand a doubling in price but those are crazy. That said it only takes a few bankers with a bonus to drive prices given the low mintage. 

7 hours ago, Paul said:

i found this on eBay.com Alderney issue £5 2019 Una & Lion issue - they are sprouting up all over ! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Alderney-UK-5-Pounds-1-17-Gold-PCGS-PR70DCAM-Una-and-The-Lion-Mintage-400/223792604424?hash=item341b142508:g:-Z0AAOSwncJd9BoW

$9,9999 / £7,659 GBP

I felt dirty just reading that sellers description. Perhaps they can get a job at The Westminster Collection 😂