• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

5 hours ago, Ceaiu said:

Also got the Navitimer 1959 Re-Edition.

I have my Grandfather’s original Navitimer, the AOPA version...just need to get it refurbished. Still keeps time though!!

081D6168-2F0B-4FA8-94D6-B5EDF945368F.thumb.jpeg.6875ad8e1b3d03f2392a5c279ffc67d6.jpeg

Edited by CadmiumGreen

On 15/12/2019 at 19:16, Melon said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to pass though. Not a fan of handing out details on this stuff via eBay personally. Just a bit frustrating to type in the discount code into my basket on CC and find the basket price go up 20 quid not down! 😂

Bit of an impulse buy anyway, I don't even own a single silver coin 😅

Silver back at the mint. You can save £10 with code NEW10

1 minute ago, BrumChris said:

At the Royal Mint. Unfortunately it's gone out of stock again. I think Westminster Collection and Coin Connection still have them. 

Cheers for that I have one ordered from coin connection but I need a few spares Lol 😝 

I have been watching the site but not today...always the way 

I have received 2 silver Unas from the RM, bought at a discounted 150£ :) . At first sight, they seem flawless,  I will check with a magnifer however. 

For those waiting these Unas, try to be cautious wihen you'll open the box : the capsules for both coin were opened 

I like the subtle "soft" frost on Una and the Lion,  it seems slightly glossy. On the obverse, the frost on the Queen is "standard" and mat.
Nice relief too, I would say that this coin is more beautiful in hand than photos

I hope to be able to capture this  with pictures later.

I am waiting now for my gold Una, praying it will be flawless too

Edited by Frenchie

10 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

I have received 2 silver Unas from the RM, bought at a discounted 150£ :) . At first sight, they seem flawless,  I will check with a magnifer however. 

For those waiting these Unas, try to be cautious wihen you'll open the box : the capsules for both coin were opened 

I like the subtle "soft" frost on Una and the Lion,  it seems slightly glossy. On the obverse, the frost on the Queen is "standard" and mat.
Nice relief too, I would say that this coin is more beautiful in hand than photos

Please upload some pictures later, I honestly think they are the most beautiful coin you can buy.

41 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

I have received 2 silver Unas from the RM, bought at a discounted 150£ :) . At first sight, they seem flawless,  I will check with a magnifer however. 

Nice price! I looked fairly obsessively and I didn't see it below £180.

4 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

Nice price! I looked fairly obsessively and I didn't see it below £180.

It was certainly a bug with the VAT, I had sometimes 180£, sometimes 150£ displayed...it was tempting and I decided to take the plunge checking if my order would be validated or not. It seems that I was lucky that day :)   

5 hours ago, BrumChris said:

Silver back again if anyone is still after one. 

Ah damn, missed it again lol. Annoying, I actually called them after yesterdays fiasco and they said they'd notify me if they came back in stock. Clearly the guy on the phone was talking a load of rubbish! 😂

I missed the boat on the Royal Mint Unas, but here's some pre-decimal coinage inspiration for what I hope might be coming later in the Great Engravers series...

I don't have a gothic crown and would love it if that was one of the future offerings in this series.  Same goes for the William IV halfcrown design (the one dated 1835 in the pic, second row, second from left).

In fact - Gothic crown, William IV halfcrown, Wreath crown (the one in the capsule) designs would do me nicely 😀

DSC_1036.JPG

12 hours ago, Frenchie said:

It was certainly a bug with the VAT, I had sometimes 180£, sometimes 150£ displayed...it was tempting and I decided to take the plunge checking if my order would be validated or not. It seems that I was lucky that day :)   

You were very lucky...even at normal cost price you are already £30 in-the-money per coin. Can't lose.

8 minutes ago, Melon said:

Got the silver one from RM just now. Finally! 😁

£170 with the discount. Think it was the only one as back out of stock. Shows it’s worth checking daily though. 

Now I’ve got to decide what I bought this random silver coin for, I blame the silver forum!! 😂

Nice pick up

But this place certainly does not help with TSF FOMO!

3 minutes ago, h103efa said:

Nice pick up

But this place certainly does not help with TSF FOMO!

I posted earlier in another thread that TSF is a wealth of information and education and that as a result I learn a lot.

THIS is the perfect example. I just had to google 'FOMO'. For the life of me, I do NOT know why this was not more obvious to me........love it.

11 minutes ago, Melon said:

Got the silver one from RM just now. Finally! 😁

£170 with the discount. Think it was the only one as back out of stock. Shows it’s worth checking daily though. 

Now I’ve got to decide what I bought this random silver coin for, I blame the silver forum!! 😂

Just enjoy it- throw it on the heap- and take it out of the box now and again to enjoy the warm feeling you will have from owning it.  Depending on how much silver you have, your spreadsheet won't look much worse for this acquisition- maybe it'll add few pence to your mean average cost.  I look forward to receiving mine from the Royal Mint.  

8 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Just enjoy it- throw it on the heap- and take it out of the box now and again to enjoy the warm feeling you will have from owning it.  Depending on how much silver you have, your spreadsheet won't look much worse for this acquisition- maybe it'll add few pence to your mean average cost.  I look forward to receiving mine from the Royal Mint.  

Good advice. 

Although I only usually buy gold so including this coin I’ll have precisely two ounces of silver, so the average is looking like £85/oz 😆