• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hi from the UK

happydays

Hi, iv came here in the hope of finding somone who  will buy my silver coins I have left as a job lot in the Lincolnshire area, im not having much luck with google, only can find sites that want to give me bullion prices, does anyone know of anyone.

Thanks happydays xx

Hi Thanks, im not able to post on the selling bit not enough posts I think, I already sold all my philhamonics to bullion by post, for £13 something each, I was hoping for a bit more then that for some of the coins I have left, but I have no idea where to take them, and I dont really have the time to sell them individually on ebay, plus im not really sure what the going prices are these days, I stoped collecting silver coins several years ago.

Happydays xx

76173115_707024096558137_4902890844115173376_n.jpg

You can post on the buy/sell section. Just go to the UK section, click new posting and away you go! Make sure you list all the coins, the price you want and have good pictures to ensure sales. Most 1oz coins priced around the 15-16 mark sell quickly. Unless there is a specific premium anything above 17 will probably not sell. I can see you have some Gairsoppa (look like 1/4s) and also a piece of gold. Priced right these will all sell very quickly.

Good luck with the sales.

Andrew.

Hi thanks, do you think if i post what I have here people could tell me what price I should be asking for as im a bit out of the loop with prices these days. I dont really want to sell them but I need the cash so have no choice.

Happydays xx

You can only ask! 

If you start a thread in the 'silver' section with pictures and a list of all the coins etc. and ask people for advice, people will help. 

As a guide - a generic coin like a 1oz silver Britannia (2019) will go for around 16.00 on this forum - likewise the American Silver Eagle and Phils etc. If you have an older Britannia, someone may be willing to pay a little more as it is not as easy to get hold of. 

Depending on how urgent you need the cash v how much time you want to spend doing this - you could even individually research the coins by doing a search on here...you can see what the most recent coins have sold for etc. Condition is also important - so if you can provide good pictures it will help massively. No one is going to give you the right amount of money if the pictures are blurred,

Of course, bear in mind the proportionality of doing all this. If you have 100 coins then it would be worth it as the difference between a dealer and here could be over 300.00 at least (if you are selling at 13 and you could get 16, for instance). However, if you have 40 coins and have to spend three hours photographing the coins and describing them etc. it may be a case of accepting that your time is worth more. In all honesty, the balance between privately selling and having to individually pack and post a load of coins v walking into a dealers and after twenty mins walking out with a load of cash............balance it up and make a decision! Only you will know!! 

Good luck!

Andrew.

OK thanks, I will do that, yes I will need to get a load of padded envelopes, I don,t want to sell them for £13 each some of these cost me 20 odd 30 odd at the time so im already making a loss. I was stacking when silver was at a higher price. Thanks again.

Happy days xx

• Founder & Administrator

Hello and welcome to The Silver Forum :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived