• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Black Friday: How To?

g33x0r

Hey Guys,

This will be my first Black Friday since I've been stacking.  So far I'm not noticing anything listed on the main sites I usually check, APMEX, JM, Provident, SD, etc.  Do they usually post deals up a day or two in advance or only on the day of?  Or how have the various online dealers in the US done this for Black Fridays of years past? 

I wouldnt've thought Bullion dealers would do Black Friday deals as they aren't going to sell bullion for under spot or sell numismatics for under market value. I would have thought the most one could expect is maybe free shipping?

Black Friday over in the UK is basically selling off old stock ready for new stock, so it's mainly Tech products that they are clearing out ready for the new models to be sold. It doesn't really apply to Bullion or Collectables as they are going to be worth the same if not more in the coming months/years. To me it wouldn't make sense to sell off stock of pm cheap as they are just going to buy the same stock back in again....

I know Black Friday is a lot bigger in the US then it is over here so maybe different for you guys.

It would be great if Bullion dealers did do Black Friday deals so i will be keeping an eye out as i hadn't even thought about it but i think it would be too good to be true :(

Well maybe not selling for under spot, but maybe reducing their premiums for a day or something.  I'd definitely get in on some more junk silver and generics if the premiums are low enough.  

12 hours ago, g33x0r said:

Well maybe not selling for under spot, but maybe reducing their premiums for a day or something.  I'd definitely get in on some more junk silver and generics if the premiums are low enough.  

If it is a thing then this is great. I suppose i just never thought Black Friday was something that would be taken up by the PM dealers. I shall certainly be keeping an eye out!

On 20/11/2019 at 06:30, Coolrico said:

I wouldnt've thought Bullion dealers would do Black Friday deals as they aren't going to sell bullion for under spot or sell numismatics for under market value. I would have thought the most one could expect is maybe free shipping?

I don't have anything to add except to commend you for proper spelling and grammar. 

That makes me feel a little bit better today.

On 22/11/2019 at 14:11, g33x0r said:

Well what do you know?  Provident is going to have some Black Friday deals after all and it looks like a deal every day next week (except Thursday):

image.png.ec59a21c117160fbe63db765704040fd.png

I wouldn't get too excited. What matters is whether their prices are lower than other dealers, not whether they're lower than their usual prices. Provident isn't usually the lowest, so I'd expect Silver.com and SD Bullion to still be lowest.

For those watching here that may not have as much experience (with the Royal mint Bullion) yet; if you don't have a verified account at the Royal Mint Bullion already, you can forget about buying any Black Friday deals over there. Then you can rather settle for Christmas instead...

10 minutes ago, FunkyChicken said:

For those watching here that may not have as much experience (with the Royal mint Bullion) yet; if you don't have a verified account at the Royal Mint Bullion already, you can forget about buying any Black Friday deals over there. Then you can rather settle for Christmas instead...

It can be a proper faff setting up a account. 

15 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Not sure if anyone keen but proof Paddingtons £30 at the royal mint

I’m not keen but the Mrs was. She loves Paddington. She got a couple... I’d have preferred a Dominos for dinner instead. 

Archived