• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How to invest 10k

Brad

Many different opinions and one main factor is what your main plan is. Overall gold is better in the long term but silver presents more middle term opportunities for profit. Personally I would go around 50:50 and when the gold/silver ratio was favourable, I would exchange my silver for gold.

Talking only with investment logic here, based on spot movement, not taking into account collectability, rising premiums in some cases etc.

Instagram: gildeon_67

start small, start slow. take time to gather more experience

and work on your investment strategy.

bullion sovereigns are usually a good start for many

investment strategies.

(don't give in to fomo. take your time and work it out.)

opportunities come and go, but mistakes will stay with you.

HH

I think it depends if you want the pleasure (or hassle for some) of actually owning the physical shiny stuff. 

If you do - put most of your money into physical gold, and put no more than 20% into other physical PMs.  I think Platinum is even more undervalued, so I would invest some of the money in a 1oz Platinum coin or bar.

If you're not too bothered about holding the physical stuff - I would put say 20% into physical gold (buy a 1oz Britannia or Royal Arms coin, and the rest in sovereigns) and the remaining 80% into Exchange Traded Commodity Funds holding the physical metal (I use iShares) -  split 20% gold, 30% silver, 30% platinum or something similar.

But I echo the advice to start small/slowly.  

I would agree that it's best not to invest that 10k right away. Especially as gold has seen such a big increase in spot. I would not be suprised if it comes back to £1000oz. Also you need time to learn which works best for you and which coins are the best option. Perhaps start with 1k in gold and silver and see how you get on.

Britannia's are always a good bet but I would recommend comparing with the cheapest Queens Beast as I have found them to go up in value more than Britannias while being similar in price (if buying the latest design, I don't recommend back-dating because of the premium).

Archived