• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Chart Of The Day thread

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a bit of a reality check chart for you all - one we must all be aware of. 
The most interesting part is the 08 crash hardly looks like anything compared to where we can potentially go!!
The volume is huge as retirement & retail investment funds must have unloaded. 

Another interesting thing is the 2018 crash happened when the fed mentioned about tightening. 
I dont know if they did or not - I don't think so, but we are in the same territory & they are doing as they say. 
Makes sense to crash a system thats at its highs than wait for it to go lower,
& stagflation to take hold with all the socio-political nasties that can come from it. 

Another interesting thing I can see is that Bitcoin was potentially breaking out & the 2018 Fed announcement crashed it. 
I would make a good guess this could happen in the next few months if the fed carry on.
so many normal people i know are invested now believing or wishing the hype & don't realise its directed correlated to the equities. 

Im not expert but this is interesting at least. Human nature does not change - so it should repeat. :) 

bubble.jpg

bitcoin

BITCOIN.jpg

russell

russel.jpg

Edited by Stacktastic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trying to get it through to my mum that her 'investment' in the stock market needs to be managed or sold. 
that she knows literally zero about it but is realising that she needs to at least needs to look at it. 
She was negative during the covid crash & was happy it went positive again when they started dishing out free money. ;) 
All she knows is its a 'safe investment' & my suspicions is that Mr Roschild has put it on FTSE trackers and is using her money to make lot more elsewhere. 

COVID CRASH.png

Edited by Stacktastic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Euro has sank to a 20y low against the US Dollar as investors pared bets on ECB interest-rate hikes given the growing risk of a recession in the region. (Euro fell as much as 0.9% to 1.0331, its weakest level since December 2002.)

FW49q3kXoAA16L7.jpeg

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

image.thumb.png.38bb0556a4bad016e583529a69122f7e.png

This diagram is taken from an official report of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, which is a bureau within the US Treasury Dept. The figures for Q1 2022 show a sharp increase in the size of precious metals contracts. These are mostly paper contracts and derivatives, and are what banks use to control the price of gold.

Edited by Bumble
Added link

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use