• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

One annoying issue

danmc82

17 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

When uploading pictures and posting, the pictures dont always submit in the same order you uploaded. Is this due to file size or something? ie largest file 1st etc?

This is the case- I’m not sure if they upload by file size? or time order the photo was taken? 

In any case, my workaround is to upload them and order them myself, clicking on each photo in the order you want/need them to appear. 

In any case- I need a better camera. 

Aye, happened to me on the recent one - I number mine in order too when i upload them so it's not name-based.

I removed them from the post and then chose them in order from the storage at the bottom of the page, to be in the right order.

1 hour ago, richatthecroft said:

This is the case- I’m not sure if they upload by file size? or time order the photo was taken? 

In any case, my workaround is to upload them and order them myself, clicking on each photo in the order you want/need them to appear. 

In any case- I need a better camera. 

Thats what I have to do but I dont like the look of all the pictures joined together. 

It sounds petty when I word it like that, but it is annoying 😣

2 hours ago, Serendipity said:

I’ve experienced the same problem. What I do now is not really a solution which is to stitch multiple photos together into one big photo and post that way.

Good idea, how do you do that?

1 hour ago, danmc82 said:

Good idea, how do you do that?

I was hoping you wouldn’t like my roundabout solution to the problem because it involves photo editing techniques which people are not always familiar with. You need to have a smartphone with any photo editing app installed, especially a collage maker.

Apologies for using your recent coin photo downloads as an example but it involves placing all of your multiple photos onto one big canvas to make a photo collage. It’s not an ideal solution because some of the photos look pixelated when downsized. It probably works best with four photos.

6DC71F39-79DA-4AA7-9B2E-1FCDB240DA73.png

2 hours ago, Serendipity said:

I was hoping you wouldn’t like my roundabout solution to the problem because it involves photo editing techniques which people are not always familiar with. You need to have a smartphone with any photo editing app installed, especially a collage maker.

Apologies for using your recent coin photo downloads as an example but it involves placing all of your multiple photos onto one big canvas to make a photo collage. It’s not an ideal solution because some of the photos look pixelated when downsized. It probably works best with four photos.

6DC71F39-79DA-4AA7-9B2E-1FCDB240DA73.png

I like the look of that. Looks tidy.

Its something ive never had to do or done but I guess with the right app its pretty easy.

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder & Administrator
On 14/10/2019 at 21:42, danmc82 said:

When uploading pictures and posting, the pictures dont always submit in the same order you uploaded.

When you attach the photos to a post, are you then just submitting the post? Or are you then pressing the plus button to post the photos into your post where you would like them?

I am not sure how the ordering happens if you do not insure the photos into your post, it just randomly places at the end of the post I believe. If finding out how they are sorted is important I can look into it for you. I would advise though to always use the + button to post your photos exactly where you would like them in your post. 

Also note that if you are dreading and dropping multiple attachments at the same time, then they will be displayed by the ones who uploaded the quickest onto the forum. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived