• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anyone with recent experiences with CelticGold.eu?

FunkyChicken

First of all; I did take the advice to search on this forum before dropping my question regarding Celticgold.eu over here, however the (predominantly positive) feedback that I found about them is mostly from 2018 and earlier, so I am being rather safe than sorry by asking you the following (questions are in the last paragraph ;) ).

I would like to buy some silver coins with Celticgold, but I noticed you can only pay by crypto curriencies, or via a bank transfer. I don't do crypto curriences yet, and payments via bank transfers have a bit of a bad reputation here in the Netherlands, as that's often being used by scammers.

However now I stumbled upon these coins at Celticgold.eu at a rate I haven't found anywhere else (or well, I did, but the reviews for SuisseGold.ch and GoldSilver.be made clear those websites need to be shunned like the plague), but there's still that bank transfer payment thing I don't feel very comfortable with.

So, does anyone over here have some recent experiences with celticgold.eu (as in; the past couple of months)? Are they still as good as they used to be last year and earlier on? No bank transfer scamming? Good customer service in case of any questions? Generally fast deliveries, and the quality of their stuff is good?

Use https://www.europeanmint.com

The forum community has probably placed over £250,000 worth with them in the last 18 months

Exceptional company and probably cheaper too

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

43 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Use https://www.europeanmint.com

The forum community has probably placed over £250,000 worth with them in the last 18 months

Exceptional company and probably cheaper too

As in matter of fact, I have an order pending at European Mint based on all the good reviews I've read about them, even before I joined this forum. :) 1 of the coins is a pre-sale one, so I have to wait for a few weeks, but I'm confident that will end up being alright.

But anyway, unfortunately European Mint
 doesn't have the coin I am specifically looking for. That's why I'm looking for other places that do still have it at a reasonable price that aren't a guaranteed rip off (SuisseGold.ch), or that have some nasty psycho b!tches at customer 'service' (GoldSilver.be), and that's how I came to CelticGold.

I'm only wary about the bank transfer that's apparently required with them for the payment, but if recent experiences over here are still good, I just feel a bit more comfortable by ordering with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, it took a bit longer than expected, but I have gotten my order from CelticGold.eu today. And I must say, I'm not dissatisfied. :)

CelticGold came into play when the Dutch bullion dealer I ordered my 'The Valiant 10oz Silver Coin 2018' communicated to me they couldn't get them from their supplier anymore. So I made alternative arrangements with them, and I ordered 2 pieces of the 10oz Valiant 2018 with CelticGold for a reasonable price. As shipping from Estonia however isn't quite cheap (I paid € 24), I decided to also order one 'Two Dragon 1oz Silver Coin 2018', and one '825 Year Anniversary Austrian Mint Robin Hood 1oz Silver 2019'.

It was the latter that ended up having a bit of a lead time after all. I thought CelticGold had it in stock, but they didn't at the time of when I ordered it. Apparently it was coommunicated on the website back then already, albeit not on a very clear location. Which I got back as a reply from CelticGold very quickly and in a friendly manner after I emailed them about the status of my order. +1 for their customer service.

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to do a humble photo report of the unboxing. The box itself was in good shape after a journey that took it through Lithuania, Poland, Germany, and finally the Netherlands. After opening the box, it became clear there was plenty of packing material in it, and the coins were also properly packed in bubble wrap and tape. It could have done with a packing slip, but the lacking of it is no major fault for me.

After it took me some work to get the tape and bubble wrap removed, 4 lovely coins were smiling at me. It's a pity the Robin Hood isn't in a proper coin capsule, but I'll just put it in one myself. The coin capsules of the two Valiants aren't entirely new anymore, but the coins themselves are meticulously clean.

So while I would like to stress that I do not work for CelticGold, I don't have stocks of them, I am not getting paid for writing this review, and I in no other way am involved with them, I would like to grade CelticGold with a 7/10. This order is not perfect, but good enough for me to comtemplate ordering from CelticGold again, should the opportunity for a bigger order arise to justify the fairly steep shipping cost. 

IMG_20191018_183020__01.jpg

IMG_20191018_183006.jpg

IMG_20191018_182553.jpg

IMG_20191018_182420.jpg

I haven't used CelticGold recently but i have used them a few times - i have always found them spot on - no complaints at all. i would say they have above average customer service.

i haven't been paid to write this but will gladly take any backhanders offered.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Archived