• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Stacking goals?

Chronix

For those of you stacking silver, what would be your other motivation, besides investing for the future and that. Trivial things, like... did you set up goal of, say, 100 Silver Eagles 2018...or, 10 pandas each year...etc..  How do you decide on what are you going to buy next? 

I focus mostly on liquidity when time to sell comes. Best value for me were 1 oz silver maple leafs (before shortage). Low premium to buy and decent premium return when selling back to bullion dealer. I only buy higher premium silver to sell in order to buy more ounces of maples. Filling monster boxes of maples is my goal.

Aim for a tonne - seek value - add to the stack regularly and keep going.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I'm an absolute novice stacker, so it'll be interesting to read everyone elses plans/goals. Perhaps it'll help me clear up my own! 

I got hooked when buying a solitary 2019 Britannia as a gift to celebrate a friend's newborn about a month ago. The moment i held it, i was reeled in by their look, sound and feel. I was already considering ways to help bolster and diversify my retirement pot - so it seemed the perfect match to put a little bit aside into silver/gold. A month later and i'm about to finish off my first tube of 25 Britannias. Looking forward to that! 

2 hours ago, Chronix said:

For those of you stacking silver, what would be your other motivation, besides investing for the future and that. Trivial things, like... did you set up goal of, say, 100 Silver Eagles 2018...or, 10 pandas each year...etc How do you decide on what are you going to buy next? 

I think my initial goal is to try buy 5-10oz's of silver a month (Britannias for now) and i would like to buy either a 1/4 oz gold Britannia or gold sovereign a year to kickstart the gold collection. 

I'm waiting patiently for the October Brexit update (yawn) to see what implications this has when buying from Europe vs. UK. Once ("if") that's cleared up, then i'll know which dealear(s) to use. Then i'll try step out of mycomfort zone and look at a more diverse range of coins. I can't stop looking at the Perth mint's 2020 lunar mouse and Australian kangaroo coins at the minute but know very little about their semi-numi value nor their liquidity long term........ 

3 hours ago, Chronix said:

For those of you stacking silver, what would be your other motivation, besides investing for the future and that. Trivial things, like... did you set up goal of, say, 100 Silver Eagles 2018...or, 10 pandas each year...etc..  How do you decide on what are you going to buy next? 

hey chronix.

i think we all agree they are literally giving silver away when an ounce is compared to the price of a packet of fags or a pizza.

on average i purchase about 10 ounces a month which soon mounts up. and there is something unsavory about banks claiming ownership of your currency which they loan out at interest or invest in stock and shares, plus if it goes pear shaped you take the hit.

Stacking is pure common sense even if the value just keeps up with inflation. I only stack British coins due to the obvious advantages being exempt from CGT at a later date.

finally my kids love just looking at them and are taking an interest in the whole idea of intrinsic value and saving, also i love giving coins away as presents, normies eyes pop out when holding a coin 😆. there is something magical about silver.

I have a set amount I use to invest in silver each month. My main focus is 1oz Silver Britannia’s due to cost and CGT advantages. 90% of me is a silver investor but 10% of me is a coin collector 🤭(love the QB collection).

I will keep stacking silver every month until the GSR is below 50 then start flipping into Gold.

No limit for either silver or gold. I stack for weight and profit. I have a monthly allowance and am quite disciplined to not go over. I have several preferences - Scottsdale stacker rounds and bars, Krugs silver and gold, Brits silver only, fractional gold and US/Canadian bullion that I vault overseas and flip for liquidity. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

I used to be broke at the end of every month with nothing really to show for it.  Now I am still broke at the end of the month but have a nice stack of silver and a tiny tiny bit of gold.
So my reason for stacking is to stop spending money on worthless junk and have something that one day might be worth more than I paid but if not, it will still have some value.
The big plus is I just love some of the coin designs.😀

14 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

Where do you store a tonne?

In various places which you keep quiet about.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Now that I have hit my initial goals (25oz, 100oz, 500oz silver + 2oz gold) I want to have 20% of my net worth in metals. My ISA silver and gold ETFs are there to trade the gold to silver ratio but most important to me is the goal: 3 Years Expenses in Physical Precious Metals.

Why 3 years? Partly because I live a fairly frugal life and it is an achievable goal. Mostly because, if there is a major recession or depression, I do not want to have to touch any other investments while they are depressed and would sell metals instead if I had to. Having to sell stocks if there is a 50+% crash is not something I would enjoy doing.

Ideally I will never have to sell a single oz of anything and will use it to rebalance my overall portfolio as and when the need arises. Metals are a great safety-blanket/hedge/investment (delete as you see fit) and I feel better having them and love the silver and gold chase.

The most important goal I would recommend to anyone not in the stacking community is: START. Keep stacking and don't stop. Let the bug get you. Have real money, not currency. Keep going my stacking friends!

18 minutes ago, Silverclown said:

30,000 oz of silver... 

sixgun is like a mini scrooge mc duck

Have you been looking through the key hole?

20 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

Where do you store a tonne?

I don't store anything. I just like to drool over shiny things I see on websites.

But if I  was going to store things, it would be mostly the cheapest silver I could get by the roll, and the cheapest gold I could get by fractional coin.

I had predetermined set goal before I started seriously stacking Silver/Gold. Total ideal body weight in Silver 2,500 troy oz (12 stone, I need to lose couple of stone in body weight as well:)). Also I knew exact type of Gold and Silver that I would purchase that comprised of

50 x 2 oz Queens Beasts in the series total weight 1,000 troy oz

10 x 10 oz Queens Beasts in the series total weight 1,000 troy oz

500 oz discretionary different series (Rwanda / Perth Mint / Provident Metals / Intaglio-mint / Britannia includes 10 oz bars / Maples / Eagles)

Gold 100 troy oz comprised 10 x 1 oz in Queens Beasts series. When I started stacking I was worried (Silver hit $14 and Gold $1200) and wanted some added insurance against further falls in PM prices decided to stack a series that had potential premium appreciation. In my completed stack Silver to Gold ratio 25/1 and would finish stacking by the end of 2020. At the end of 2020 reevaluate entire portfolio. Never envisioned gong beyond 2,500 oz in Silver but no limit what could be accumulated in Gold during the remainder my lifetime.

Motivation apart being hobby and pastime diversification into physical tangible asset in case SHTF.

1 hour ago, SilverPanFan said:

I don’t stack gold or silver, I just collect and for modern “bullion” it is the pandas. I know I am buying a product that is coming a terrible government but I cannot help seeing the pandas on the coins.

every government is just as terrible as the next.

Archived