• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Rectangular Dragon-Perth Minth-2020 question

Draconicus

It's available for pre-order on goldsilver.be now:
https://goldsilver.be/en/1-oz-30-gr/3224-perth-mint-1-oz-silver-rectangle-dragon-1-bar-2020.html

As much as I like the 2020 verion I haven't bought because dealers are pricing these things as if the silver spot price didn't plummet.

It's £17.42 and if you buy a tube including delivery it comes down to £18.70 per oz. 

Give it a month or two and it's only a matter of time before they will need to get more realistic with their prices.

8 hours ago, firestacker said:

Just checked and basically the same price as I paid for the 2019 back at the end of January ... 

Price level i# very similar at LPM

Auragentum will currently pay €12.50 for any 2019 dragon bars you want to sell 

Edited by AndyS

On 23/03/2020 at 20:18, Wouter06 said:

And now the price is 21,25 EURO.... Huge rise in premium! (for a 250.000 mintage coin). 

Currently spot is about €13.40 and price is above €24.50 - this makes a tube of 20 basically €500 for spot value of about €270
Currently a 1981 proof sovereign (from Chards, no box/COA) is about €420 on a spot of about €350 - on a mintage of about 33 000

As stated earlier I am a big fan of these dragon bars, but if I have to spend my money right now, it will be on something more numismatic ...

9 hours ago, firestacker said:

If GSBE are charging £21.65 for the 2020 bars maybe I can sell my tube of 2018's for £30 an ounce 😅 What are these guys trying on. 

GS.be only has 100 (5 full tubes) left of the 2020 bars. That's probably the reason for the increase. Their pricing is very much dependent on their stock level.

Today I sold my 2018 full tube for €25/coin and my 2019 full tube for €22/coin off forum. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, AgCoyote said:

Got mine in the mail today. Absolutely breathtakingly magnificent. You have to get these. I regret ordering just 10. I should have got 50.

They are nice but have you seen the prices of them lately? I got the 2019 dragon last October for just over 18 euro. The 2020 cost over 22 euro now at the European Mint now that the spot is so low. If the prices don't come down soon as soon as more stock starts coming from the mint, I may have to give up this hobby.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

As this is basically the dragon bar appreciation thread does anyone know if they came out with a 2022 version?

Every year I check to see what designs they come out with. Doing a brief search it looks like they now just do it in coin form?

I don't think 2022 version has been released.  I like dragons on coins.  I like the concept of a bar coin.  So I started collecting them.  But I just have one of each.  Reading these comments, there are people with tubes of them and in gold even.  Apparently, I don't appreciate them enough. 😀

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...