• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bet & WON - Today I bought with WINNINGS thread - Today I received

Paul

This gets me thinking about stackers.  A lot of people fit into a profile...

dont really trust the establishment 

wasted lot of money in past gambling/alcohol

collected other things in past

sold on eBay to make money

brexit supporters 

dont really trust pensions 

40-65

vegetable growers/jam makers

dont waste money on expensive cars/meals out/weekends away

understand trump but don’t 100% agree with him

dog lovers

a pain to like with because spend majority of time on the silver forum

and probably more

these are my observations some will fall into more than others but sure all will fit into some

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

40-65

a pain to live with because spend majority of time on the silver forum

These for me! 

1 hour ago, Cornishfarmer said:

brexit supporters 

40-65

dog lovers

and probably more

these are my observations some will fall into more than others but sure all will fit into some

tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick never made jam mind - must give it a go :) 

13 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

do you have to sell some silver if the bet loses?😉

3 hours ago, Paul said:

A £5 accumulator or a random £20 straight win is about my limit to scratch my gamble itch these days.

Anything over an oz of silver gambled is pain if it loses to me now :( 

Paul I'm not getting at you mate but I noticed you didn't address my question and your subsequent post kinda goes against your OP, putting £450 on an odds on favourite that won you over £400.

Im sure you're aware that betting on favourites is a proven losing strategy; the bookies love such punters.

I don't know whether your Liverpool bet was a one off or whether you don't remember the losers, but it seems to me there's a little selective memory going on here, typical of gamblers.😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Paul I'm not getting at you mate but I noticed you didn't address my question and your subsequent post kinda goes against your OP, putting £450 on an odds on favourite that won you over £400.

Im sure you're aware that betting on favourites is a proven losing strategy; the bookies love such punters.

I don't know whether your Liverpool bet was a one off or whether you don't remember the losers, but it seems to me there's a little selective memory going on here, typical of gamblers.😉

@sovereignsteve the £450 on odds on fav is NOT my bet, I didnt make it. it was a google images find and x25 oz silver set up I made with what i had around in the house, which was equivlent to the screen grab I found, to just show off what pictures to post and thoughts may work for this thread?  an accumulator on the footy or a £20 straight win is my limit these days and I am content with that

My thoughts for starting this thread it was to try and help folk with a strategy that worked for me to near fully kick my gamble habit, if they find they re-gamble whatever winnings they get, if I can get someone to squrrel their winnings into precious metals it may help them on the road to recovery.  Admittance you have/ or have had a problem with gambling, is one of the first steps to recovery   

13 minutes ago, Paul said:

@sovereignsteve the £450 on odds on fav is NOT my bet, I didnt make it. it was a google images find and x25 oz silver set up I made with what i had around in the house, which was equivlent to the screen grab I found, to just show off what pictures to post and thoughts may work for this thread?  an accumulator on the footy or a £20 straight win is my limit these days and I am content with that

My thoughts for starting this thread it was to try and help folk with a strategy that worked for me to near fully kick my gamble habit, if they find they re-gamble whatever winnings they get, if I can get someone to squrrel their winnings into precious metals it may help them on the road to recovery.  Admittance you have/ or have had a problem with gambling, is one of the first steps to recovery   

Oops, as you say, misunderstanding due to your coin picture with your name on it being in the same post as the betting slip. No harm done😁

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

4 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Oops, as you say, misunderstanding due to your coin picture with your name on it being in the same post as the betting slip. No harm done😁

No worries Steve 

3 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

brexit supporters 

40-65

dog lovers

and probably more

The connection is surplus cash, past gamblers or drinkers existed on a certain income to cover their losses, so now they still exist on that level but the money they spent on that stuff is now on silver or gold and the addiction still continues and feelings of euthoria and depression are there each time the price rises or falls, traders have the same things going on, they have a lot of addictive bahaviour too, some drugs, some drink, some womanizing, to feed  their thrill mentality, a normal hum drum life is like death to some people, one reason we own silver and gold and dont ETF it...we need that thrill in person, the high, the sense of winning, or the thrill of potentially lossing.

I have won $500 several times and at first would keep it aside to continue buying scratch ch tickets but found I'd spend more when I wasn't dipping into my weekly allowance and using winning money...so I'd spend $300 buying silver or gold jewelry, that has forced me back to smaller gambling habits, as I'm gambling an ounce of silver on a scratchticket, which I still do but those winnings have added up and that feeling of euthoria over a $100 winner is now a thrill over 5 eagles or britannias or 4 grams of 14k jewelry.

It's like magnifying a win and looking at my stash is reducing the loss if I have a run of losing tickets.

8 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

brexit supporters 

40-65

dog lovers

and probably more

I am all of those and to add to my charge sheet, I shoot and fish. 

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

8 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Where do you get to shoot in London?.

I am a syndicate member of a shoot in Cambridgeshire (pheasant and partridge) and shoot with friends in Hampshire.

As for fishing - the Test and northern Scotland.

Best Dicker

3 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

What sort of shooting and fishing dicker ?

Ive just packed in with shooting. But enjoy fishing still. Looking forward to some pike fishing soon .

Fly fishing in the UK and sea fishing in Australia. 

Fly fishing is the most pleasurable by a country mile!

5 minutes ago, dicker said:

I am a syndicate member of a shoot in Cambridgeshire (pheasant and partridge) and shoot with friends in Hampshire.

As for fishing - the Test and northern Scotland.

Best Dicker

I was thinking shooting as in American style, handguns, semis, anti tank ballistic missiles etc.

2 minutes ago, dicker said:

Fly fishing in the UK and sea fishing in Australia. 

Fly fishing is the most pleasurable by a country mile!

Very nice ! 

I think i'll be picking up a fly rod next year. Not fly fished for probably 20 years. Last time i went was a Ladybower Res. 

Tight lines !

2 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Very nice ! 

I think i'll be picking up a fly rod next year. Not fly fished for probably 20 years. Last time i went was a Ladybower Res. 

Tight lines !

Hi Billy

I have been fishing for years and have been using Hardy and Sage rods reels etc .

I was stunned to use some of the cheaper rods last year - they are amazing particularly the Greys ones. 

Not sure where you are but Grafham is every good as is Elinor. 

Ping me if you ever want any other recommendations. 

Best

Dicker

8 minutes ago, dicker said:

Hi Billy

I have been fishing for years and have been using Hardy and Sage rods reels etc .

I was stunned to use some of the cheaper rods last year - they are amazing particularly the Greys ones. 

Not sure where you are but Grafham is every good as is Elinor. 

Ping me if you ever want any other recommendations. 

Best

Dicker

Will do. Thanks ! Im in Sheffield

Archived