• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 Canada 2 oz Silver 100 Years RCMP King George V

KevinG

Awesome coin. In America, mounties are a stereotype we associate with Canada. For that reason alone this is a must get for me. I also agree that it's great to see a coin without Lizzy and it's nice to see a Canadian effigy with a crown.

Where can this be bought? I'm searching everywhere and can't find it.

12 minutes ago, AgCoyote said:

Awesome coin. In America, mounties are a stereotype we associate with Canada. For that reason alone this is a must get for me. I also agree that it's great to see a coin without Lizzy and it's nice to see a Canadian effigy with a crown.

Where can this be bought? I'm searching everywhere and can't find it.

This one is a presale with Aurinum.de I'm sure it will be available with US dealers soon enough.

36 minutes ago, Seasider said:

And how are they allowed to put King George V on a coin dated 2020?

The Canadians have done it before but that was with proofs this one is a BU. I guess they must get permission from the crown?

I’ve got an order coming from Europe so can add them to order will work out as £36.50 plus shipping.   Never done this before but if anyone interested can tag on. As with other Canadian mint coins cant guarantee condition. Also pre order so won’t be here until mid October. PM me if interested    Now closed

1 hour ago, Cornishfarmer said:

I’ve got an order coming from Europe so can add them to order will work out as £36 plus shipping.   Never done this before but if anyone interested can tag on. As with other Canadian mint coins cant guarantee condition. Also pre order so won’t be here until mid October. PM me if interested 

I am interested, depending on condition. If you remember drop me a message when they arrive

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

So now I am confused - the 1973 dollar was for 100 years of the RCMP so what happened in 1920?

And how are they allowed to put King George V on a coin dated 2020?

The RCMP started as the North West Mounted Police. This was founded in 1873. The 1973 quarter and dollar were celebrating 100 years since this founding. However the North West Mounted Police became the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in 1920 so this 2020 2oz coin is for that 100th anniversary.

Pictures of the 1973 quarter and dollar for those unfamiliar with them

IMG_5826.JPG

11264_1353642376.jpg

2 hours ago, KevinG said:

The Canadians have done it before but that was with proofs this one is a BU. I guess they must get permission from the crown?

I did not know that.  I did know they did a series of gold Maple coins reviving the older portraits of the Queen - a welcome change from the current portrait on Canadian coins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those interested, I've got a few of these on order from SilverTrader UK. Only place I've been able to find them for sub-£40 each in the UK. 

I have a feeling Martin might not have stock for long so fill 'yer boots! 

https://www.silvertrader.uk/product/2020-canadian-mounted-police-100th-anniversary-2oz-silver-bullion-coin/

Archived