• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Series - Celestial Animals Niue

muenzdachs

17 hours ago, muenzdachs said:

We will see as it will be a series with the 5 Celestial Animals (Feng Shui).

So the other 4 coins will be different from a Dragon for sure (White Tiger, Red Phoenix, Yellow Snake and Black Turtle)

Any news on frequency of release? One per year running over the next five years? Or maybe one1 in 2019 and afterwards two per year?

Reminds me of Perth Mint series Dragon & ... (Phoenix, Tiger, Dragon, ...), but with lower mintage (Perth Mint series is 50K/coin).

I agree the design of the green dragon isn't making me very enthusiastic. However an amazing design of the others eg White Tiger, Red Phoenix and Yellow Snake could trigger big interest in the first coin of the series. I'll be getting a few just in case. Will be nice to compare them to the Perth mint series.

• 1 month later...

These appear to be doing not that bad. Only just arrived on November 4th. Only goldsilver.be seems to have plenty left.

LPM - sold out

European Mint - sold out

Apmex - only has 19 left of the MS69 graded coins.

Munzdachs - 46 left (and 14 in Apmex slab)

Aurinum - 56 left

Metal Market Europe - 90 left

Goldsilver.be - 235 left

A nice design of the second coin (Phoenix, Dragon or Turtle) might just create a nice premium increase on this coin.

24 minutes ago, Branman1986 said:

Am I losing my mind or is there not a single one on eBay?

Not sure I’m allowed to post a link but if you search “Celestial animals coin” you should get a German seller flogging them for £24.94 + £7.75 p&p.

I ordered the coin at LPM and received an email today informing me the product has a defect and they cannot obtain replacement from the Mint!  So I will only have to accept the crediting of my account.  

How many did I order?  ONE, a single ONE coin and no replacement can be obtained.🙄

I'm wondering what's going on...

3 minutes ago, west6 said:

I ordered the coin at LPM and received an email today informing me the product has a defect and they cannot obtain replacement from the Mint!  So I will only have to accept the crediting of my account.  

How many did I order?  ONE, a single ONE coin and no replacement can be obtained.🙄

I'm wondering what's going on...

I have a good idea. Just received mine. I ordered 5. The queen's face is severely damaged on every coin, but not in the same place though.

Goldsilver.be made no comment about a defect.

20191113_155905.jpg

20191113_160303.jpg

20191113_160141.jpg

20191113_160121.jpg

They have now become unavailable on goldsilver.be. Strange, because they had 235 coins left on Friday. Either they sold out or the quality issue was recognized.

Don't know what to do now with my 5 coins. Hold them with the marks of the Queen on her face or send them back. Depending what's going on, they might become more valuable.

Can a mint recall and remint? Only remint the amount they recalled?

2 minutes ago, muenzdachs said:

These is what some coins look like

Mint would say - Bullion quality - coming loose in a tube

But not all coins are looking like the pics above

But have you heard anything about a 'defect' as per above message from @west6 who received that reply from LPM?

16 minutes ago, muenzdachs said:

These is what some coins look like

Mint would say - Bullion quality - coming loose in a tube

But not all coins are looking like the pics above

The Royal Mint (unfortunately) ships all the Queen's Beast bullion in in tubes so while it's common for them to have light edge scuffs, they don't look like the queen has been washing her face in sandpaper. 

This damage is almost certainly a production defect - note there is no defects on the rear of the coins......

Archived